Enraged Koala Hotfix / Content update #5

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by kyren, Feb 22, 2014.

1. AlexFTWz

AlexFTWz Void-Bound Voyager

I'm dying to know what the "Heck" biome is and where I can find it, I wanna see it really bad.

2. Lusfella

Lusfella Big Damn Hero

Not seen a heck biome yet on any planet I've visited.
    What items are added?

3. Megamanstar

Megamanstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Erm, I seem to have trouble booting the game, I am getting an error about "No such TreasurePool 'heckTreasure' for TreasureChestSet named 'heckChest' in file '/treasure/default.treasurechests' "
    I do have mods installed, but not sure if its the cause of this. Anyone can help?

4. Zugunder

Zugunder Orbital Explorer

New biome? Yay!

5. Icowom

Icowom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will this hotfix fix the 'missing block's errors and crashes that are popping up every half an hour by different players on the crash report thread?

6. LemonKnight

LemonKnight Void-Bound Voyager

My Starbound is overheating with all these hotfixes. I don't believe we had any that were publicly announced on the front page for quite a while until Enraged came along. I hope more thorough testing is performed in future updates.

7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

it seems there is no "heck" file in the biomes or celetial file... what gives ._.
    there is a peralex in the sub underground but that was there before this update

im confused x-x

yep its a underground biome

8. Nidmorr

Nidmorr Master Chief

Isn't that why you're playing an early access game?

9. katakis

katakis Void-Bound Voyager

Now that may come off as a spoiler for you so bear with me here.
    You see, by playing this ~alpha~, you still with me? Alpha, you know?, by playing ~alpha~ YOU are the testing.

10. JxPepe

JxPepe Big Damn Hero

I'm having this exact same problem. I have multiple mods installed, one of which is the s3r1ous mod pack.
    Up to this point, everything's been very stable. I was playing the game one minute, closed out so I could get something to eat, and then suddenly it doesn't want to load.
    If I remove the s3r1ous folder from my mods folder, then the problem goes away. However, I've spent the last half-hour taking each mod out of that folder individually, trying to track down the culprit of the crash, but haven't gotten anywhere.
    I thought it was the MMN Gun mod, but it seems to be a strange combination of things.
    As a side note, all mods in my folder are up to date as of today.
    Soooo yeah! I'm with Megamanstar on this one; any help would be appreciated. :)

11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You're probably better off looking for help in In-Game & Billing Support. Piggybacking on a News thread isn't really an effective way of getting assistance with game issues and bugs.

12. OsakaHarker

OsakaHarker Void-Bound Voyager

I would say Beta but hey it is all greek to me :p

katakis likes this.
  13. grimmington

grimmington Aquatic Astronaut

Err...I had disabled automatic updates on steam, but it went and updated it anyway for some reason, haha. There goes my home planet, I guess! Kinda regretting buying it on steam.

14. JxPepe

JxPepe Big Damn Hero

My apologies; this was the only place on the forum that I found anyone mentioning the error (I usually don't bother mentioning anything about stuff like this unless others are having similar problems), I was only trying to let Megamanstar know that he wasn't the only one having the issue. I had no intention to piggyback, my mistake.

Anyway, I discovered the problem, at least for me; MMNgun mod was one, and the Tiered Pixel Gemstone mod was the other. If you have those two mods, removing them *should* solve your problem.
    Hope this helps!

15. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

Now seriously, what the heck? o_O

o_O Am I right, or what?

16. Megamanstar

Megamanstar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Indeed it works now! Hopefully the mod author will take note of this and fix it.

17. Nidmorr

Nidmorr Master Chief

It doesn't matter if your steam updates automatically, there is no need to visit that world just right before the update, If you visited that world recently it will be in the folder and it will not change. I hadn't played starbound for about 4 days I think and my homeworld and all the crap in it are still there.

18. joriandrake

joriandrake Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, I just have to wait for all the mods I use to update as well (You hear me Kawa?) o_O

Yeah I heard that from a few others before, one of the reasons I dislike Steam.

19. Lenzio

Lenzio Space Hobo

Has anyone eles lost there Heart Forge after updating?

20. Sese

Sese Pangalactic Porcupine

"so if you have a world and you want to keep your world accessible, make sure to go visit it before grabbing the latest patch so it’s stored in the new celestial database."

I didn't download the last patches out of fear that my shiplocker and other chests disappear. But if I understand right I have to download the patch + 4 hot fixes, to make sure no chests get deleted, but stop before the 5th, go to my favorite planets again, then download the 5th fix. Is it visible anyway how much hot fixes got downloaded, when to stop downloading?