1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED EnhancedTemperature 1.3.2 reup

Adds a more complex temperature system to starbound

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

There was no errors that I could see. It's more of a much more general feedback of how it felt through the play-through. I didn't experience any bugs that I could tell. I read through the info file, so I knew everything was working how it should. I just liked how it felt up until reaching the cold freezing worlds, and then I began feeling like there was still some things missing at that point, if that makes sense. I had on normal gear, so perhaps using some of the cold-weather outer gear as mentioned could have made a difference, and probably would have made it easier, though I'm okay with it being difficult. As I said, great work so far. My suggestions are what I feel could have filled in the gap of what felt like it was missing at those extreme conditions, though perhaps there's other solutions to create the same feel I was hoping for.

Flipping back and forth to get my exposure levels I thought was a bit awkward at first, but became second nature the more I played. A few times when overheating I ended up creating a pool of water to cool down in, which worked surprisingly well! It's a really intuitive solution for cooling down, as well as avoiding water when you don't want to freeze. Yeah, the moderate worlds were all gold. It felt really great. It played very smoothly up until the jump to dealing with extreme conditions.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Hm maybe the environmental effects are still recognized even with the blocking stat. I'll take a look into it. Since i changed the deadly heat and deadly chill behaviour it could be possible that they may be the cause of this. If the status effects are still somehow active then it will be even harder on the hot planets. So maybe it's something related to it.

I also really appreciate such detailed feedbacks :) They're extreme helpful in improving the mod and fixing stuff ^-^

~ Iris ~

3. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

I've been thinking. I wonder if the exposure vs temperature system is a little redundant. One is the change in body temperature, while the other is the change in the global temperature. But, do we even need to know the global temperature? It might be interesting to instead have personal temperature be something that you can call up, while an additional "exposure" bar goes down when you're outside your desired range. The rate at which it goes down may be dependent on how far outside their comfort range it's outside. When it reaches zero health could be effected. The entire extra level could act similarly to the effect of being without air. The idea would be to give the player a countdown to focus on when things get bad. Perhaps under different conditions the timer could reset or be blocked from happening at all. For instance, we could have tiered environmental suits that imbue a status effect that blocks this new level of exposure when all of the pieces are worn.

Just an idea to consider. I'm not sure what would go into mimicking the drowning mechanics that way. Having a status effect that blocks it might be a neat way to implement more exposure protection mechanics to different things like sleeping in a tent as well.

4. Iris Blanche

The global temperature is affected by wind, weather and current time. So the player knows which temperature the planet currently have and if it is safe to go outside (e.g. you're having a base on an arctic planet). Also when you're having a feeling for it you know when your exposure won't raise anymore giving you the chance to continue building or traveling or even fighting at higher exposure levels if you can deal with the energy penalties. Having only your personal temperature wouldn't give you the opporturnity that much. It's still there but harder to see. That's why i decided to use this system. Later there will also be offsets during the day so that you can have a warmer day than the day before or even colder. With a personal temperature only the changes wouldn't be recognized and it could be possible that it would be considered as a bug in calculation (e.g. surviving a cold night on an arctic planet the one night with hypothermia level 2 and the next night would result in hypothermia level 3).

I can add some gear or augments that can protect from the lethal level 3 effects but this won't happen before Eht 2.0.

~ Iris ~

5. Iris Blanche

Here's a small status update for the people who are waiting for the fu patch:
    Starbound 1.1.1 was released today so i'll delay the fu patch until fu is also up to 1.1.1 There are some changes with the weathersystem today which opens up many new possibilities and i want them in the fu patch upon release.

~ Iris ~

6. Iris Blanche

So last status update before the release: I'm currently working on EHT 1.2.1. This time the fu patch will be released together with the main mod. Due to the new weather system every weather will get it's own unique effect and i removed the invisible particles that i used before to get the current weather. So next update could increase the performance for some ppl during weather effects. unfortunately i'll have to do some rewrite in my configs so this time i can't (and won't) give a exact release date. But it will be definitly this week.

Also thanks for your patience. :) Next updates will arrive sooner and faster since i don't have to do the whole balancing step for everything :D

~ Iris ~

martrikir and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  7. aldasar

aldasar Void-Bound Voyager

HYPED

martrikir likes this.
  8. martrikir

martrikir Void-Bound Voyager

I second the HYPED notion!

I came back to Starbound not knowing that this feature had been taken out. I just wish I had seen this mod, before I found FU..

9. Iris Blanche

The mod can already be used even with fu but the fu biomes won't be recognized until the patch is finished. Unfortunately i was ill the last few days so i decided to relax a bit. Next week will definitly be the update ^-^

~ Iris ~

10. martrikir

martrikir Void-Bound Voyager

So it's not so much as "Use this mod with FU and die the death of a thousand crashes" as much as "Normal planet: your character will suffer a long agonizing death due to exposure. FU planet: SPRING BREAK IN MIAMI!!"?

Also, health before modding!

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  11. Iris Blanche

FU planets will have a 25C temperature all the time as long as the patch isn't released ^^

~ Iris ~

martrikir likes this.
  12. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Is there any update for FU patch? :unsure:

13. Iris Blanche

It's finished when it's finished. I actually have some important private stuff to do so i don't have much time to work on it.

~ Iris ~

14. Iris Blanche

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  15. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

The RP codex doesn't has any sprite so it's invisible. Not game breaking but just want to point it out.

16. Iris Blanche

It is? :eek: Maybe i had the name mistaken or something. Thank you for reporting. I'll push out a fix asap :)

~ Iris ~

17. Iris Blanche

18. Iris Blanche

*shameless double/triple post of doom* :nuruevil:

The FU patch will be released on 18th november together with the final changes. After that i'll do the other compatibility requests ^-^ Any other adjustments will be made when the terraforming patch has been released (doesn't count for bugfixes though ;) )

~ Iris ~

Iroaseta and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  19. Iris Blanche

Release tomorrow 19th November. I want to adjust some more things for the FU patch. I'm not satisfied with it atm.

~ Iris ~

Iroaseta and Inf_Wolf14 like this.
  20. Iroaseta

Iroaseta Guest

Uh oh. I think I found a bug.
    It happens when you're trying to go up to the asteroid level and it'll lag for a very long time during the transactions from planet to asteroid.
    If you're riding vehicle like Explorerpod it'll force you out from the vehicle and you'll go "Ahhhhh...-splat-".

The main error is :
    [Error] Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/IB_EHT/util.lua"]:77: bad argument #1 to 'abs' (number expected, got nil)
    And then it'll be spammed with :
    [Warn] Unique status effect 'sbiomeprotect' not found in status effect database

Here's the log (pastebin)
    Or you can just download the starbound.log, whichever fancy you. :)

Attached Files: