Enhanced Graphics Option - HQ4x or xBRZ scaling

Discussion in 'Other' started by Creadoris, Jan 1, 2014.

?

Do you support adding HQ4x or xBRZ scaling in enhance the visuals?

1. Yes, I like the idea being able have the option of better visuals

83.7%
  2. No, I prefer blocky pixels

20.4%
  1. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

You must have been dreaming

2. diegopau

diegopau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Treadlight likes this.
  3. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

4. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Isn't that how it's supposed to look with those filters?

5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Those filters are third party. They were never in the game and they look ABSOLUTELY HIDEOUS.

6. diegopau

Well, there are many of them, I think any HQ or even a softer one like 2xSai wouldn't deform the image as much, and its a matter of personal preference anyway. If you play with emulators of genesis or super nes you have to either choose very pixelated games or a filter like super eagle or 2xSai, I always chose filtering.

If they are just implemented like one more graphic choice, then everybody should be happy I think.

7. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

It's work time WASTED when there are other much more important aspects of the game to work on

8. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

I honestly prefer to set zoom level to 1× and leave it like that. I've always thought these filters were cool, though.
    ._. It sounds like something provoked you somewhere here. What's the problem?

diegopau likes this.
  9. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

THe problem is this feature is something that should be AT MOST considered after the game is completed. THough if you want me to go into detail let me use an example

[​IMG]

See this gif? Now imagine those filters applied to it. You think that lighting effect would look even a quarter as good when it will look smudged like it was finger painted?

10. diegopau

Again, it depends on the filter you apply and if it is optional it will not ruin the game in any case. I understand that it would somehow ruin the original pixel art feeling of the game, but for some people, playing a game like this in a 32 inch screen, with huge pixels, is also hard to digest.

Besides I find a little aggressive how you respond for a suggestion from a user. I wasn't imposing anything, or threatening the development in any way, it was just a kind suggestion. I think as someone who paid for the game I have the right to suggest something that will make the game better in my opinion. I don't know how much development time would this going to take (probably you don't know either) but in my case I would prefer this to be already included than some other stuff that has been already implemented.

Kenode and Treadlight like this.
  11. diegopau

There is a HQ4X filter available now on Reshade. I am using it and I like how the game looks :)