Energy Based Shields

Discussion in 'Gear and Items' started by Daitenshi, Feb 29, 2012.

1. gejiryu

gejiryu Big Damn Hero

THE AMOUNT OF CREATIVITY IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Madmarlon likes this.
  2. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

You're right! This community is to good! But sadly, this will change as soon as the game is out, and all the noobs newbies will arrive in this forum!

3. pheonix1901

pheonix1901 Zero Gravity Genie

Preview.jpg

Ecchiholic, gejiryu and Madmarlon like this.
  4. Ecchiholic

Ecchiholic Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, it's really impressive when you think about it. If all those ideas the community has would be in the game I think the game would have double endless possibilities.

5. Madmarlon

Yes, and the Forum doesn't even exist since 2 weeks, and the game isn't even out yet! It's mind-blowing!

6. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

If this game has damage types:

Fire/bullet/ice/laser/whaterever

sheilds could be things like 50% reduced fire damage and show up when your well on fire

or 100% laser reduced damage, making the shield show up when ever your hit by lasers and mabey even reflecting in

It really makes sense, and fits with the theme/random elements of the game.

You got my support

Madmarlon likes this.
  7. Madmarlon

You brought me on an idea, here. I'm gonna open a topic on the suggestion board, thanks man!

8. Aidoboy

Aidoboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

FREEZE CANNON!

gejiryu likes this.
  9. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

Jesus! Someone summarize the new ideas for me I'm Lazy!

10. Lasercat77

Lasercat77 Pangalactic Porcupine

Shield that deflect stuff back at the source. PREPARE TO EAT YOUR OWN LASER CANNON!

11. Wyatt

Wyatt Subatomic Cosmonaut

It'd be cool to have really good visual effects for the shields, like the bullets blasting off the side or being vaporized on contact:eek:
    So far, just thinking about this game is pretty fun, although, I feel as though it's that high-hopes feeling... I better simmer downxD
    -There should be a shield that's ultra strong and what not, but when you put it on everything except for you and the space around you goes black, and you're immobile, basically blocking you from the outside world. A cool sound effect would be that normal noises seem muffled (like gunfire going from pew-pew-pew to puuh-puuh-puuh). It would be great for blocking against boss-guy's mega attack, so maybe it should have a delay time between uses.
    -Maybe there should be a shield and gun/sword/whatever duel-wield weapon. Whatever damage you take in from the shield, you shoot/slash out through the weapon. The shield would have limits, but it could charge up the attack energy and buzz through a coil into the weapon.
    -There could be a generic shield that you make in an area of the spaceship (an upgradeable area ofcourse!) where you just make a customized force shield. You get to choose its color and energy:defense ratio, its effects and what not:eek:
    -Certain swords should have a guard function that lets you be like a jedi:eek:

12. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Now that shields have been confirmed, a handheld energy shield is entirely possible, I believe.

13. Xploding_Cherry

Xploding_Cherry Subatomic Cosmonaut

To just about everything you said...
    Yes!

But, energy shields should be activated when needed, and require Battery Power, if you ask me...

14. mramazerful

mramazerful Starship Captain

I can picture a halo reach style armour lock down thing...whichc could be great or awesome