[Enemy] MC Square

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Seiga, Jun 7, 2012.

1. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Even worse would be a rare occurrence where there's a whole building made almost entirely out of them, and the moment you either enter the building or try gathering them they'd attack you.

2. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some players might call that a jackpot.

3. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

xD nice idea Sega,

''IT'S A BOB-OM...'' no wait...its just a floating sq BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! dead

4. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I can see there being an exploit where you inflict insane amounts of damage on one using a non-combat damager (like pouring lava on them or something)

The "Cube Nuke" Exploit, which can take out whole dungeons and leave insane craters where they used to be.

Also, if this hasn't been mentioned yet, the tendrils kind of look like wires.

5. Irrelephant

Irrelephant Big Damn Hero

umm...I LOVE IT!

6. Fireninja404

Fireninja404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Explosion. Yes please

7. Soron

Soron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Really nice idea, i want this in Starbound!

8. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

Sega mentions that the tenndrils / tentacles look like wires. I think he was going for that sci-fi / tech look :3

9. Nathan B.

Nathan B. Phantasmal Quasar

oh god no nooo nooooooooo T_T not more explodibastards

10. Vapor Horologium Corpus

Vapor Horologium Corpus Weight of the Sky

I think that maybe there should be some way to defuse them. Maybe like a sort of weapon that short circuits them and allows you to use them as weapons against enemies.

11. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

I can just imagine a magnetic butterfly net that people would think of as a "joke weapon," but would allow you to catch one of them and fling it at an enemy. If there was magnetic armor, then it would be interesting if you could attach the deactivated ones to yourself to allow you to carry more.

12. Solum

Solum Cosmic Narwhal

I couldn't focus on your post until i read "Creeper Ghasts".

OT: I think it's a good idea, but there should be at least a weapon that can hurt them directly (or even use them as ammunition?)

13. To keep these creatures from being over-powered, I think that the radius of their explosion should be fixed, so that an MC square that had been hit by a nuke wouldn't then blast a huge crater in the planet. Otherwise, great idea. :up:

14. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

This is a very well thought out idea and seems to fit with the world and setting, I like it.

15. Impish

Impish Void-Bound Voyager

MC-Square?​
    1-MC=Minecraft?​
    2-Square=MC reference?​
    3-Ghast?​
    4-Creeper?​
    :iswydt:
    I like it :D

16. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's a reference to E=mc^2, and how it converts the mass and energy of what's thrown at it.

I didn't intend a minecraft reference at all.

17. Impish

Impish Void-Bound Voyager

lol It sure seems like it! :p

18. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this. You have to deal with it tactically. You don't just shoot it more, you have to figure out a way to defeat it.

19. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

MC could also stand for Metal Cube, but that wouldn't make any sense with the word square unless it squares the damage used against it and deals that much damage when it explodes.

20. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

MC... Square. I see whatcha did ther ;) Awesome