1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

You can explore high level dessert planets and with a little luck you'll find beige avikan crates that might have what you're looking for.

If you don't find them there is a purchasable item that can give non-avikan all of the crafting recipes of the species, iow, the path to getting those plates.

2. DinoExplorer2000

DinoExplorer2000 Cosmic Narwhal

you mean the smuggler in starfarers refugee? im happy he is, helps me a lot. (the Secret path is awesmoe and geniusly hiddedn)

3. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Regular Kavanite plates can be found in random encounters, but superb Kavanite plates (which are the tier 6 Avikan crafting material) must be crafted. Even when playing as another race, you can unlock the necessary crafting recipes by obtaining an Avikan Crafting Guide: head to the Starfarer's Refuge (a teleporter is found in every Avikan settlement), and speak to the gunsmith there. He'll offer you a quest which rewards the Avikan Crafting Guide upon completion.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  4. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

You mean the one where you have to hunt down a sandspitter, sandcrawler, stingwing swarm, and a valahr?

I can't find any of them either, and I've searched desert planets extensively. Is it because I'm running frackin?

5. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

<//Cyb3r_R4t> Subatomic Cosmonaut

after a few days of testing i can tell that this mod is suburb, it adds another layer of immersion to starbound.
    i only have one qualm, the vanguard OST.M-12 just seems watered down for the type of gun it is, i know that is probably to keep some balance, but really it should utterly destroy blocks it lands on, and do a lot more damage to anything caught in the explosions, and perhaps a larger blast radius. I guess to balance it make it consume more energy.
    other than that i love this mod and look foreword to any future updates

6. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

also i am kinda wondering if i can have a list of all the quests, and how late in the game to expect them

7. Aegonian

Yeah, that's the quest! They are all found on desert planets, but only within the new wetlands biome (easily recognized by the abundance of quicksand). Unfortunately, using Frackin' Universe will drastically reduce your chances of finding the biome (from 33% to somewhere between 5-10%, I think). It's an unfortunate but inherent side effect of using Frackin' Universe, as it greatly expands world variety but makes it harder to find specific biomes. Alternatively, you can purchase the four materials you need from the Drifter's Emporium - it'll cost you quite some pixels, but at least you are guaranteed to obtain the materials that way.

I'll see if I can rebalance the OTS.M-12 a bit. Considering the long charge-up and delay before the missiles hit, it probably wouldn't hurt to make it a bit more powerful.

As for the quests, I wrote this list some time ago:
    Restoring The Past - Vanhas (Avikan Seeker in Refuge observatory)
    You'll need to be an Avikan for this quest to show up, and you must complete the Glitch mission as well. Bring your Broken Spear for the quest to show up.

The Legion's Blade
    For Droden only. Take your Broken Longsword to Ayurin, the weapon smith, in the Starfarer's Refuge for this quest to show up. You'll need to have finished the Glitch mission before being able to access this quest.

Prime Circuit
    For Trinkian characters only. Take your Broken Prod to any Trinkian settlement for this quest to show up (quest giver is the large central console in large buildings). You'll need to have finished the Glitch mission before being able to access this quest.

Bone Ballistics - Makhan (bone warrior in Refuge, Starsight Inn area)
    Bring a Hunter's Bow for the quest to show up.

Metal Ballistics - Ayurin (weaponsmith)
    Complete Bone Ballistics and bring a Bone Crossbow with you for the quest to show up.

Explosive Firepower
    Kill an Elite Drahl unit (random encounter) and pick up the Broken Missile Pod it drops in order to start the quest.

The Starfarer's Refuge - Azana (virtual guide in the Refuge)
    Head to the Starfarer's Refuge, this quest will be visible on arrival.

A Starfarer's Request - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Found in the Refuge's entrance area. Available immediately.

Keffrider - Vethuri (Avikan Keffrider)
    Head to the Refuge's garage/docking area. The quest is available immediately.

Lost in the Pipeline - Arthan (Avikan welder)
    Head to the Refuge's docking area. The quest is available immediately.

Stuck on a Rock - Yahran (Avikan astronaut)
    Head to the Starfarer's Refuge, and venture into the asteroid field on the left. You'll need a jump tech, grappling hook or other traversal item to reach this NPC. The quest is available immediately.

A Special Gift I - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Defeat the Ruin to unlock this quest. It auto-completes when accepted, and grants you the new Bow of the Elithian Unique weapon.

A Special Gift II - Nenehki (Avikan Starfarer)
    Defeat the Ruin and complete 'A Special Gift I' to unlock this quest. It auto-completes when accepted, and grants you the new Bow of the Elithian Unique weapon.

Stopping the Corruption - Rokhan (Vanguard Recruiter)
    Visit the Vanguard recruiter Rokhan in the Starfarer's Refuge. He will send you on a quest to defeat a Violated Elite Drahl. It can be a rather challenging fight, so come prepared!

Harnessing the Corruption
    Defeat the Violated Elite Drahl in the new 'Stopping the Corruption' quest and pick up the Violated Ion Core it drops. The questline will automatically be started upon picking up the item.

Vanguard Mech Parts - Rehkon (Avikan Mech Operator)
    Once you've unlocked your own modular mech, visit the docking bay in the Starfarer's Refuge. Rehkon has a new quest for you, which will award you with new parts for your mech.

Linerifles in Space - Rehkon (Avikan Mech Operator)
    Complete 'Vanguard Mech Parts' and the vanilla 'Advanced Test Drive' quest in order to unlock this quest. Visit Rehkon again for a new quest that will award you with a new weapon for your mech.

The list isn't quite complete any longer, as a few new quests have been added after I wrote this list, but it should give you something to do for now.

8. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

9. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

and a few more ideas, more cosmetic chassis for the droden, more quests for them and the avkain that highlight the droden rebellion from both sides, maybe simulators of some kind. i wanna see more focus in the two races and maybe some more for the trink

10. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

also another thing to add to the mod is its own printer to print all the blocks and decorations you normally don't have assess too, like the inactive droden.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  11. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

They could just add the stuff to the normal pixel printer.

12. DinoExplorer2000

or make an avikan pixelprinter!

and a idea ive had for some time now. what about gardhur-like animals the size of a mooshi that produces monster hide. and bone variants. and you could buy the eggs from the gardhur tamer/owner/shepherd

13. Aegonian

Good ideas! More cosmetic Droden armour is on the TO-DO list, and I'll see if I can add some more in-game stuff related to the Droden rebellion. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the Droden (other than the player character) you currently see in the mod are pure droids, not AIs, so it's unlikely any of them would give you a quest related to the rebellion (which happened hundreds of years ago). I might add a Droden story NPC at some point, though.

Making Avikan and Trinkian objects printable is also on the TO-DO list!

When Avikan and Trinkian objects become printable, I might add racially themed pixel printers! I also like the idea of custom farrm animals, but I don't think monster hide would be the right material to obtain from it. I doubt an animal would survive their hide being carved off, and it would take away the hunting element of Avikan progression too...

14. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Have you considered some mech arms that go along nicely with the themes of the races?

I was thinking the avikan could get one that chucks avikan hunting spears like an automatic crossbow.

Or the trink basically get one giant tesla coil arm, or some form of freezing weapon that slows down enemies but heals trinks.

I'm not sure what the droden might get though.

15. DinoExplorer2000

could just make avikan Versions of the mooshi. one that makes milk, and one for each of the other mooshis.

16. Aegonian

There are some Avikan mech parts in the mod already, including a linerifle arm, but more mech arms are definitely on my TO-DO list! They don't have a very high priority - the focus is on developing the new race now - but they should get added eventually.

I might do something like that, yeah, though having new farm animals provide new materials would be more logical. At the very least, they could provide a different type of milk, used specifically to craft some new Avikan food items.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  17. DinoExplorer2000

18. <//Cyb3r_R4t>

i love the direction this mod is going, i wonder what the new races are, would be cool to play as the race that drove the avakian from their homeworld.
    i was also thinking of a great race mod, but i don't know how to mod at all, a race of scavenger rat people that loot everything, prehaps in the employ of of those that drove the avakian away.

just an idea you dont need to follow though

19. rylasasin

rylasasin Cosmic Narwhal

Will we ever see a Trink equivalent to the Starfarer's Refuge?

20. Umbra420

Umbra420 Cosmic Narwhal

Probably once their creator race is in I imagine. If not I guess we'll have a giant technological pyramid to scuttle about.