1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

Me again with my weapon obsession! I noticed the collection has a few melee weapons, are those attainable yet or they are future additions? And is there an assault rifle legendary? :eek:

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

The closest thing to a Unique assault rifle, at the moment, is the Void Eater: a Centensian Unique Weapon which you can get from Centensian Caches and from the Mysterious Merchant in the Refuge. It's a three-burst weapon that causes a unique status effect. An actual Unique assault rifle is planned for release in the next update!

Currently, only three Unique melee weapons are obtainable: the Prime Circuit, the Vha'leihan Spear, and Legion (a longsword). They are all racially-exclusive weapons, so you can only obtain one of them without the use of admin commands. For all of these weapons, you'll need to complete the Glitch mission, and the visit the Starfarer's Refuge if you're an Avikan or Droden, and a Trinkian settlement if you're a Trink. Make sure you bring your starter weapon with you (broken prod, broken longsword or broken spear), and you'll get a quest that allows you to repair your starter weapon, changing it into a Unique weapon. There's one other Unique longsword in the files right now, which is planned for a future release as a quest reward.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  3. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

Oh yea, I remember you mentioning those racial weapons! Gonna have to admit my way to them to check them out!

4. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes! Good on you Aeg, very happy to see this back. And may I say, great work on the tail animations. I feel like Avikan feels best when dual-wielding shortspears, and Trinks play nice with hammers.

I can't be happier than I am right now, this mod is truly excellent! I hope to play multiplayer with you at some time in the future.

5. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

For curious players:

As far as my testing has confirmed, Optional Story does not let you skip that step, you'll need to still go through the questline.

Edit: Is the Rhadeis statue not supposed to be craftable/printable? I wanted to use one for a Rhaiod shrine. On another note, are there specific variants of Avikan merchants or do they all just have the same inventory? Currently working on an Avikan colony and I set up a small merchant house with a food stall and Avikan cooking station in it but the Avikan merchant that spawned sold weapons.

Edit 2: I've found some Avikan stairs in an Avikan camp, but they don't seem to be craftable. Either that or I'm completely missing where the recipe is.

Edit 3: I noticed there are no Rhaiod tenants. Unfortunate.

Edit 4: I checked the files and noticed that there are two types of Avikan merchants listed - Avikan Merchant, and Avikan Modern Merchant - but they both have the exact same requirements for spawning. Are they supposed to have different inventories or something?

Edit 5: I admin spawned the statue and made a shrine.
    20170130120108_1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Stafath, Aegonian and baconsama25 like this.
  6. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

^ Nice looking shrine!

I was wondering, due to other mods, mainly FU, the Desert Wetlands can be quite rare as you mentioned before ( about 6~7% chance of appearing), and even when I found one there were no sand-crawlers and alike. What I mean to suggest is making a microformer for it plus, if possible, improving the odds of it spawning on a desert biome IF the game detects other mods that add a huge amount of subbiomes on desert planets, so it won't come to be a marathon through dozen of planets. Also, sadly deserts are pretty much a low level planet, so any chances you'll add a high level variant? Of course you can terraform pre-existing ones, but it can be rather expensive.

And for a bug report, I found two perfectly generic items inside boxes in a Avikan Colony, but I only remembered to take a screenshot of one of them ( I think the other is nearby either the food stations or the fusion-powering decorations).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
  7. Ancev Caine

Maybe it's just me, but I've actually found desert wetlands on every single standard Desert planet I've visited so far, and I'm running FU and a slew of other mods. It's only on the red deserts and such that I never find anything Avikan-related.

Edit: I do like the idea of adding special higher-level desert planets with Avikan stuff, though, assuming they can be made compatible with FU and Truespace.

8. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

I think you might be confusing Desert Wetland and Tar Sub-biome! If not, then you are a lucky person.

I went and spawned every legendary weapons I could, for testing purpose. The two Droden swords are very fun to use! I really like each of the weapons, even though I wouldn't use many of them (just not my playstyle). I do wish there was a way to obtain all of the in a legit way for other races, but I understand perfectly why they aren't!

For the Generic Object being found, I,m starting to think it's not just the meat chunk. I found one in a box that usually contain only crafting materials.

And finally, going through the files, I noticed the name "thelean" appearing regularly. Is it the next race? If so, which one is it on the banner? :D

9. Aegonian

The Rhadeis statue is currently only obtainable by stealing one from an Avikan colony, or by using admin commands. I'll add a crafting recipe for it in the next update! The Avikan Stairs (and Thick Avikan Stairs) should have actually been craftable, but it seems I forgot to add a crafting recipe for them... I''ll add those in the next update as well!

A Rhaiod tenant is a good idea, I'll see if I can fit that into the next update as well! As for the Avikan merchant tenants, there should be a 50% chance of getting a regular merchant, and 1 50% chance at getting an Avikan Modern Merchant. They're supposed to have different inventories, but I think the regular merchant currently also includes the modern merchant inventory, so they don't offer much variety. I'll look into splitting up the tenant merchants, so you can spawn merchants selling food, or weapons, or clothing specifically.

I really like your shrine! I hadn't found much use for the Avikan pillars yet myself - they are basically a remnant of a failed architectural test I did a very long time ago - so it's good to see people are putting them to good use!

A microformer for the Desert Wetlands biome is another great idea! I haven't looked into the files for the terraforming system much yet, so I'm not sure how much work it'll be to add a new microformer, but if it's something that can be added with ease I'll make sure it gets added in the next update. Otherwise, it'll be added in a later update.

As for increasing the chances of finding a Desert Wetlands biome with FU installed, I doubt it can be done dynamically, due to the way the configuration for planet generation works. I think the only way to increase its spawn chance is to simply add multiple entries for that biome in the whitelist for desert sub-biomes, but that will apply regardless of which other mods are installed... As for higher-level versions of desert planets (and other low-level planets too), I think there's actually a mod available that does just that, though I don't remember what is was called, nor if it is still available. Any mod that adds desert planets to the pool of high-level planet types should be compatible with Elithian Races, and high-level desert planets generated using such a mod should spawn Avikan settlements too, as the settlement whitelist and planet types found at each tier are configured in separate files. If no such mods exist right now, I could create one for you: it's a pretty simple change to make, so it shouldn't take much time at all.

I think that all of the Perfectly Generic Item issues are caused by the meat chunk issues, but I might be wrong. The current version of the mod still has some known issues with the meat chunk, but they'll be fixed in the upcoming update (which is planned for release later this week). If you find any more Perfectly Generic Items after that update, let me know and I'll look into fixing it!

The Theleans are one of the races I plan to add in the future! In fact, they already have humanoid sprites available, and can be spawned as NPCs as well, though those are still a WIP. As there might be some people who prefer to keep the identities of the races on the banner a secret, I'll put this into a spoiler field:
    The Theleans are the ninth race in the banner, but there's more to the Theleans than just what you see on the banner. The banner shows a Vehnon, which is a young Thelean who is still growing. Fully-grown Theleans are known as Hyvon, and are much larger: the largest specimens are about eight meters tall. I doubt we'll see Theleans of such a size in the mod, but I do plan to add some smaller Hyvon later on. I'm not yet certain if they'll be playable (due to possible issues with character size and doorway sizes), but they will probably appear as NPCs at some point.

10. Ancev Caine

It's definitely desert wetlands, I don't remember the tar biome having no oil or tar but plenty of quicksand and worm things that either rip your legs off charging you from out of the quicksand (also seriously, those Sandcrawlers are one of the most annoying mobs in the entire game to fight, which is amazing) or spitting sand in your eyes. And yes, so far I'm five for five desert planets I've visited and found them on. They can spawn even when no Avikan settlement does.

I'll note at this point that I've encountered Perfectly Generic Objects in loot even with no mods at all installed, albeit rarely. Mods and incompatibilities and other issues only increase the rate. If you're finding PGOs in Avikan settlements it's probably the meat chunk, but it could be something from another mod or even just a rare PGO spawn from vanilla. As for why PGOs would spawn in vanilla, I'm assuming that's so players without mods could have a chance at Perfect Armor without needing to buy them all at Treasured Trophies.

All great to hear! I'm currently working on a... slightly large Avikan colony so as much variety as possible is excellent. Merchants especially, I'm including a bazaar and several shopping districts, but the Rhaiod tenants are the really welcome part.

I actually drew inspiration from a small "plaza" encounter I found that had a Heavy Drahl enemy in it, and have been using pillars in various areas of my in-progress colony.

Edit: Something I've discovered during colony-building: the Avikan seem to be a little light on wiring consoles, switches, buttons etc. As far as I can tell they only have one switch.

Edit 2: I made a Keffrider barracks.
    20170131030834_1.jpg

The NPCs like to hang out on the walls for some reason.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Stafath and Aegonian like this.
  11. Aegonian

I love those barracks! Great use of all of the props, I think you managed to capture the Avikan style really well! :nuruawe:

I've been meaning to add some more wired objects, as the Avikan Switch is indeed the only switch available right now (unless you count the security consoles in the outpost). There's also an unused proximity scanner in the files, which you can spawn in you need one (item ID is avikanscanner). I'll see if I can fit any more wired objects into the next update, or otherwise the update after the next!

12. Ancev Caine

Looking forward to all the new content in coming updates.

Had to make some adjustments to the Keffrider barracks - turns out the tenants couldn't figure out the ladders until I made the jumps shorter. They kept marching outside and up the walls of the building trying to get back to their rooms through the wire-locked Keff doors. I also admin spawned the Keff merchant and repairman from the Starfarer's Refuge and put them in the garage below. The central room at the bottom is locked from inside - it's going to be an access to the subterranean parts of the Terve once I've actually built them.

With the barracks and shrine done I've started work on a merchant district:
    20170130123259_1.jpg
    You can see the edge of the central plaza on the right side, and the shrine on the left. The plaza is centered right on the beam-down point for this world. To the left of the plaza is what is intended to be a food merchant (the merchant who spawned sells clothes, though), then the Rhaiod shrine, then a large Avikan nomad encampment with merchants and hunters with the Keffrider barracks located roughly in the middle of it. The island ends in a small beach watched over by a guard tower with a Clanguard posted.

To the right of the plaza I intend to put down a park, a spaceport - I'll admin spawn some Skoffs and, if possible, the tier 1 Avikan ship model from the Protectorate mission, though having a decorative version with no interior view would be nice - and a large fortress guarding the main access to the underground Terve below. What I'll put in the underground section I'm still deciding on.

Stafath, comet1337 and Aegonian like this.
  13. FireFangs

FireFangs Cosmic Narwhal

You remind me of myself with the Viera race mod, making a huge village! Which lead me to suggest you should make a large Nomada Ship floating above! (I did that with the Viera, full Final Fantasy airship :3) I love seeing what people do with mods and I might counter you with a Trink settlement! When I get to building anyway. Restarting my game means I have a lot of work to do. (Had to reset my laptop so while I transfered the player, poof universe!)

14. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

does any body know if I can create my own and wire the console in front of the watchers offices to be a locked console of my own? If I have to admin spawn it that's fine but I would like to know the item name to do so. Thanks!

P.S. for a later update, please add avikan wirin.

15. Aegonian

I've got more wired objects planned for either the next update, or the one after that!

You can get the security console from the Watcers' offices using the following admin command: /spawnitem avikanwatchersecurityconsole
    There's actually a second security console in the files, which opens with a different card that, like the console, is currently unobtainable, but which can be spawned in using admin commands. It might be useful if you want to create a locked door that only you can open. The ID codes for the console and card are "avikanoutpostsecurityconsole" and "avikanoutpostpass" respectively. The pass will likely become obtainable through regular gameplay in the future, but it might serve as a sort of 'exclusive' pass until then.

16. Ancev Caine

Oohh, that sounds very useful. Going to use that in my build.

I think the one big shame is that there's no good shield generator mod anymore. There's currently one on the Steam Workshop, but it doesn't seem to be working right and the mod author has been throwing a tantrum over people reporting that it isn't working, if the "I will delete your comment and block you if you say anything bad" announcement is anything to go by. A way to basically "lock" my world once I'm done building it so no errant meteors or a troll player with an MM could destroy it would be nice to have. Hopefully Chucklefish will let us craft shield generators or MM blockers or something in the future.

17. Coregames1000

Coregames1000 Orbital Explorer

Can't spawn Trinkoids in. It says there's no error, but they don't appear. Also, trink hover pods, same thing. Still (One of) the best mod(s) though!

18. Aegonian

I'll look into shield generators some time! I agree that some sort of tile protection should be made available to players, so if there's no working mod available for that right now, I might be able to free up some time to build one myself.

Trinkoids are the ship pets for Trinks, and ship pets don't work properly without, well, a ship. The Trinkian hover pod is an unfinished vehicle, which is why I haven't made it obtainable yet. Spawning it in at this time won't work, as the vehicle's LUA and JSON config files aren't working yet.

19. Coregames1000

Coregames1000 Orbital Explorer

Sorry for being a noob, I didn't know simply because I once spawned a vanilla ship pet and it worked, but I have no modding experience and am talking rubbish. Sorry if I ever sound offensive :)

20. Stafath

Stafath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I myself here just finished the main story of the game last night.

So relieved and glad that I chose to play as an avikan once again, the backstory of the avikan character being a part of the Watchers this time around by default is also a big plus for me personally because in the last version (before 1.0+) I was wandering and wondering around near the three podiums sub-factions/castes/(pardon my semi-uneducated sense of government types as I am a space hermit basically) once and I thought to myself which one I'd choose... (being a natural/born observer even in RL) I ended up trying on the Watcher armor first back then after reading as much as I could about them.

Point being that I have a bit more to work with thanks to existing backstory to add more to my own character's story. That and then well, while I was focusing at both Avikan and the core game's main quest(s).
    I ended up cramming quite a lot in me ship:

[​IMG]
    It has gotten quite busy-looking due to experimenting and trying to figure out where to put stuff in a 2D environment again which is harder to do when one is used to three-dimensional block building. Also a lot of it I placed down for the sake of easy access and convenience. Now that the main quest is over and done with I'll most likely upgrade or redecorate my ship first before any construction on some planet. Even though it looks like a mess, it's a wonderful mess of Avikan-themed stuff!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Aegonian likes this.