Elevators

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by Skippy3, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Dunham18

Dunham18 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think this is good and all that i can make a real life looking hotel.
    But i think with such technology they would use teleporters?

2. Notso

Notso Industrial Terraformer

What about before you are able to make teleporters?

3. Dunham18

Stairs

4. DubstepPotatoes

DubstepPotatoes Tentacle Wrangler

I hate stairs...
    ELEVATORS FTW!! But most of them need to be in dungeons, so don't over-use it... Good idea

5. Anaminus

Anaminus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like there to be elevators like the kind that Felizh was describing, and i'd also like to have huge freight elevators that you can place cargo and stuff on like mechs and lift them up to the surface from your underground base.

6. Notso

Notso Industrial Terraformer

The natural progression of fixtured locomotive technology:

1. Stairs
    2. Teleporters

plasmabunny likes this.
  7. Dunham18

Sounds about right

8. fabledClockwork

fabledClockwork Subatomic Cosmonaut

If a certain blue-wearing Jeff's information is trustworthy, stairs are evil and there should be several PSAs released in regards to the serious health and safety issues brought on by them. Elevators are far superior, as you can't fall endlessly whilst in an elevator, as opposed to the lesser option of stairs, where the falling will simply keep happening. Elevators have to be added. Do it for the safety of the people, Chucklefish. This is an important issue.

We told you, dogg.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    plasmabunny, WoxandWarf and Kohl124 like this.
  9. Gauntlets_864

Gauntlets_864 Orbital Explorer

The addition of suspended cable cars would be awesome! If a zipline type block were added to the game, they might double as 'sky-rails' for the cars. This would allow both players (with the right tool such as a Petzl Tandem Speed or a Sky-Hook) and vehicles to access the lines.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  10. morefire31

morefire31 Orbital Explorer

I would like an official response on this matter, I would love elevators

11. Ctrix

Ctrix Space Hobo

How are elevators hard to add. Just do what all the lazy sci-fi games did and make hover pads. Gravity pads. Floaty devices. Whatever you want to call them. You step on or above it, you get to control your gravity with up and down. It's not a difficult concept. Pretty sure even Atari games managed that.

12. Kayzar

Kayzar Orbital Explorer

Agreed that this would be awesome, especially for making an underground base.

13. ommynouts

ommynouts Space Hobo

graping hook solve the problem with elevator very easy

14. Slaya15

Slaya15 Space Hobo

My two cents. A teleportation pad, with two pieces or more. The "Home" pad, and the "Away" pads that you get to name your pads, place them on the ground, and then select where you would like to teleport to from your home pad. (Can be limited or not to the same planet, but fuel is sorta hard to get at the moment so...) The second suggestion, is like in Terraria. Just build yourself a Hellevator. I've done it on several planets now. The only hard part is A. Avoiding gravel and fine sand, and B. Finding water for a "soft" landing. Some times you have to tunnel around for entirely too long just to find a source of water to pipe to your hellevator landing. Since this game has no buckets yet (can we get some please?) It makes hellevators inconvenient.

15. blt435

blt435 Aquatic Astronaut

Definitely seems to fit seeing as how this is dangerously close to a side-scrolling space 4X game.

16. Darkghost

Darkghost Void-Bound Voyager

Could always go with a gravity lift or something., it's less taxing than an elevator and solves the whole elevator to space that I imagine people are tired of walking up to.

EDIT:

much like this:

[​IMG]

http://gyazo.com/e4683c0ea6fecb92e2728896221bd191.mp4
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A Video Example of gravivators instead of elevators.
    You could even go as far as to take some lessons from Halo and make "Man Cannons".

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  17. crazygamer2255

crazygamer2255 Phantasmal Quasar

If there is elevators, i want different kind of elevators, i want one of those elevators with a fence kind of door that makes a lot of noise and that would lead me to my mine shaft... sounds epic

18. Aquias

Aquias Pangalactic Porcupine

I would very much like to be able to build elevators.

19. crazygamer2255

crazygamer2255 Phantasmal Quasar

That reminds me of portal 2, infact, it has the same colors from portal 2, lol, was this inspired off of portal 2?

EDIT: noticed i said infant instead of infact, thanks for not calling me out on the auto correct... fixed

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  20. Darkghost

Darkghost Void-Bound Voyager

well, I was using multiple ideas, Planetside 2 had something similar to this.