Modding Help Edit item/furniture dialogues?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by media131, Mar 13, 2017.

1. media131

media131 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you edit the little descriptions/dialogues you get when you click on people's furniture and items in their rooms/houses?

• MagikClay

MagikClay Aquatic Astronaut

I would also like to know this, do you know how to edit item names/descriptions by chance?

• media131

media131 Void-Bound Voyager

I think there is a yaml file with the actual name/descriptions of items

Also you can edit furniture and stuff, you just have to go into /content/maps i think and extract the map file with the furniture, so to change something in penny's room you'd have to extract trailer.
        when you check it's yaml file it should say what other tilemap file you need(usually a yaml + png file) you should have that in the same folder with the tbin file you extract from the map you want. then using tIDE(tilemap integrated development environment) you open the tbin of the map you want

it should open in tIDE then you click on the building layer in the map explorer in the top left and right click on the square of any furniture you want to change it's description and click properties then go to custom properties, if there is no description you need to put (Action) for the name and (Message 'Teacher's Guidebook: 2nd Grade') for the value, minus the parentheses. For the value it has to be (Message whateveryouwanthere)