1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Easy Ingots v1.4.5

Get your metals faster!

1. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Naddox submitted a new mod:

Easy Ingots - Makes all metal bars only require 1 ore.

Read more about this mod...

2. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

3. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

4. LizardEatsBrain

LizardEatsBrain Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, nice mod but wouldn't it be better if you change the format of the recipes to a patch and not plain code?

5. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

I must have missed the part in mod making for .patch files, tbh I don't know anything about them, do you have link about it?

6. LizardEatsBrain

LizardEatsBrain Void-Bound Voyager

7. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Looking for a pixel artist to help me create art for new items to be included in the next version of the mod. If at all interested please PM me with information on how best to contact you and with some previews of your previous work. Thanks!

8. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

9. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Naddox updated Easy Ingots (Upbeat Giraffe) with a new update entry:

New mechanics and machines!

Read the rest of this update entry...

10. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

So, let me get this straight, you took away the ability to turn one ore into one bar, but made it so each ore can be turned into two ore dust and two ore dust can be turned into one bar? It's the same thing as before, only with one extra, rather pointless step added in.

11. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Its to make it less cheaty. Its the first step in what will be ore doubling. But thanks for the feedback, its what helps me decide how to make the mods. I originally had it so it was 1 ore for a bar and 1 dust for a bar but wasn't sure about it and how it felt. I may change it back if other feel the same and just make it harder to get the grinder for ore doubling.

12. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I would opt for making a couple different versions. For me, the issue was always coming up with an odd number of ores and being unable to finish a set of armor or weapons because I'm just one ore short of the last bar needed.

13. sid3aff3ct

sid3aff3ct Void-Bound Voyager

The ore doubling process is an interesting concept, but i would like to point out that the Grinder is a bit pointless because the crafting table has the powder recipes ad well that the grinder has recipes from the crafting table in it making it cluttered.

14. Bazalisk

Bazalisk Subatomic Cosmonaut

why do these machine look nothing like machines? they look like medieval stone things, any chance you can turn them into actual machines that dont look out of place on a space ship? what with it being a sci-fi space game and all ;p

Love the mod btw, keep up the good work :D

15. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Didn't notice the crafting table took on those recipes, this is a bug and will be fixed. The Iron Crafting Table and Robotic should have them though.

They look like medieval stone things because I am not a pixel artist so I just hack and slashed already existing game art to make them. I am looking for a pixel artist to help create better graphics for this exact reason.

sid3aff3ct likes this.
  16. Bazalisk

Bazalisk Subatomic Cosmonaut

good enough answer for me :)

think i will stick to the 1-2-1 version for now though but i like the direction you are going with the mod so far :)

17. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Okay so I getting some sugestions in and I like some of the ideas I am getting. Specifically, someone suggested to take it back to 1 ore for 1 bar, but to add something with it so to keep it balanced. So something like to craft 1 bar from a ore you would also need maybe oil? I'm curious what you guys think?

I do want to it to be 1 ore for 1 bar. But I want to keep this as balanced as possible, so give me your ideas.

18. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

The problem with using oil is that there's only so much to go around and it has to be on a desert biome planet, and being made to use uranium and solarium in higher tiers does balance it out.

19. Naddox

Naddox Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah I have already done away with the oil idea because if you need oil to make bars, then you wont get very far in the game at all and it would kill starting out because you would have all these ores that you can't do anything with until you get core fragments to repair your engines and even then you better hope there is a planet with oil on it in your starting system.

So I am looking for other ideas. Maybe I will make it just cost wood or maybe coal. Still unsure, and thats why I am hoping for others ideas.

20. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Wood would work for the first few tiers of ore because of how plentiful it is, but for higher tiers, I was thinking plutonium ores would be ideal since I've never seen the stuff used aside from I think one ship upgrade. Obviously, one plutonium ore would equal one bar.