1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruari

Ruari Aquatic Astronaut

2. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I am just wondering what level of obscurity these hints are. The first one was rather blatant and I don't think there are any other ones like it. I didn't see anything especially suspicious in the old updates on the main page and I would be a little irked to try to go through all of the dev's posts to find something. Though, I also assume that all of the hints are in the starbound website and not in things like twitter and whatnot. By the look of what Tiy has said it would seem if we do find the code it will be strikingly obvious that they are for the character generator.

3. I'm thinking there may be things on the IRC, but I'm not gonna go and look at that for days straight, and enter every single word a dev uses.

The more likely thing is, we probably already saw the secret and we just don't know it yet.

4. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

Well, I've run out of things to test.
    I've tried soundtrack titles, constellations, checked the devs' Twitters, the Facebook page, the sub-reddit, the website, different forum skins, tramsan's Twitter, and even some unofficial forums, as well as browsing through a large amount of screenshots.
    I've got nothing.

5. Alpha_Squad

I am checking the dev's recent posts to see if there is anything suspicious. So far I got nothing. I am starting to really wondering the subtlety of these hints are a little strong for me to notice. If someone does manage to find another one it will be interesting to see how this hint was set. Also it will be good to note that it seems that only the core developers will be in on these hints.

6. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

He said to look for clues, not guess. Just reminding. :u

7. Leokins

Leokins Subatomic Cosmonaut

Pssst.

8. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

I know that, I just posted it if anyone was curious (they are pretty interesting :p).

9. Leokins

Oh, right. :laugh:

10. Alpha_Squad

^ Stargazer said that because those comments are a worthwhile read despite having nothing to do with the easter eggs. Quite frankly even if these eggs aren't found in a while those comments have made the search a success in my books.

[Edit]: Ninja'd

11. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

I would try things like stuff thats been shown in pictures and stuff that have become popular. (E.G. The cat on a mech, or something like that)

12. Alpha_Squad

@Undeadhydra: As it was mentioned by Ruari, it is unlikely that they were putting in specific hints for an online character creator easter egg so far ahead in the future.

As per posts made by the devs recently, there are no real indicators of a hint. So, I am with TehEpikMonk. Good luck using a spectrogram on a mp3 file to find the encrypted name.

[Edit]: Maybe if there is someway we can find a way to tie the easter egg we know to something say on the glitch introduction we might find something. I doubt it, but it is a start.

13. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

Oi, I bet the devs are laughing their asses off at us right now..

They probably didnt do it to plan so far ahead in the future, but who's to say they didn't backtrack and reference something of old?
    And the name of the easteregg -
    IFoundAGlitch > Meant for the Glitch > Both have medieval ties, Plus a reference to another medieval thing > Glitch may also be pertaining to calling the EE a glitch, rather > IFoundA > We Found It.

Brb, scouring everything.

EDIT: Also, at the bottom of the screenshot of the new chargen update. It says IFoundAGlitch, about half cut off.
    Tiy said that there are subtle references in places - Maybe they've had some of these in for a while and decided that the users need a starting push to get it going?

EDITEDIT: OOOH! I just realized! In one of the screenshots in the Glitch Introduction post! 3rd picture! There's a robot wearing the Easter Egg Armor. :D (4th picture too, there's another one)

Good god, so many edits x_x
    EEE - In the Navigating The Stars post, Coincidence? 6 races > 6 eastereggs > 6 planets (Delta Aura I - VI) (Lols Deposits is spelled wrong in the picture of the gas giant's moon xD)

plaYer2k likes this.
  14. .:FancyPants:.

.:FancyPants:. Pangalactic Porcupine

It might not be any sort of new news, but I decided to start doing what Undeadhydra is doing there, by going through previous entries and images.

It probably isn't related to the character creator but here's a little oddity:
    [​IMG]

ThePhail, ShotgunWizard and plaYer2k like this.
  15. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

I read that yesterday, when Tramsan tried to fix the Mozilla problem.

16. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

Dude, no need to be so hostile - Same for Leokins, no need to be so touchy - But seriously, let's not do "this", Yeh? Sound good?

OT - Also - A random oddity in the Avian Temple thingie from back when. This little thingie isn't on the other side of the temple, and there is no indication of the raw picture that the engine reads to indicate anything would be there.

[​IMG]

17. Leokins

It's.. a light fixture? :badpokerface:

18. Ariskelis

Ariskelis Ketchup Robot

Thats kinda what it looks like.. And it looks a bit too solid to be a background thing. Eh, whaddya get when you mix a Rhino with a hellhound?

Hellifino.

EDIT: Just compared the symbols all over the temple with the Standard Galactic Alphabet - Inconclusive. None of the symbols match :l

EE - Also, Why is the bottom half of the background green and the top half have completely different treetops and is purple? .o.

RustyJ likes this.
  19. Alpha_Squad

@fancypants that find is really old.
    @Undeadhydra I knew that of the picture had the name it, but I was thinking that we might be able to extrapolate where that hint came from somewhere more useful. Also, spelling words wrong can be a medium for hints that in turn are used to find Easter eggs.

20. Leokins

I think you guys might be thinking too hard in the wrong direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.