1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redheat

Redheat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

or we need better hints :lod:

2. w32badtransb

w32badtransb Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe coincidence, but

Code:
    $test =  "#@35.6$)sdf(*H3Y(#...#$.432@#.a@.VZQ0..sa002.Q@)(21*#@)*2#(33.24.56.@)#094...0a...WN0TU@)!02.934.22.a2039...";
    $testb = "bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana";
    same string length

Hugt likes this.
  3. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You accidentally added a b after test, they aren't actually the same length

Kitty Box likes this.
  4. w32badtransb

Code:
    #@35.6$)sdf(*H3Y(#...#$.432@#.a@.VZQ0..sa002.Q@)(21*#@)*2#(33.24.56.@)#094...0a...WN0TU@)!02.934.22.a2039...
    bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana
    better now?

5. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

If I may be such a bother, who made your animated signature? I know we have a red teleportation from the character creator, but did someone make this one for you?

MRLEMONADEZ123 likes this.
  6. They are, in the first line a space was added for compensation.

And that's not an accidental B. That's Test B. It's because they're two different variables, and require two different labels.

Sakaru likes this.
  7. DoomFire

DoomFire Existential Complex

I made it. ^ - ^ It's alright. Although this is probably not the best place to talk about it any further. Hehe

8. todayisok

todayisok Subatomic Cosmonaut

I guess they need a month before releasing the clue for the next easter egg (or maybe less - it depends on when they want to release the game), I wouldn't hold my breath for better hints until a couple of weeks pass by.
    Always if they want us to find these easter eggs. :wtf:

EDIT: Well beats me, they lasted only one day before giving a better hint :rofl:

9. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

I'll do it :mwahaha:

pitfall likes this.
  10. 0243

0243 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ah... We need to summarize it all again.

The eggs are for the char creator. There are six (Tiy)

Code: #@35.6$)sdf(*H3Y(#...#$.432@#.a@.VZQO..saOO2.q@)(21*#@)*2#(33.24.56.@)#O94...Oa...WNOTU@)!O2.934.22.a2O39... The code is likely a clue.
    There are no relevant zeros in the hint. They're all the letter O. (Tramsan) By this I'd say there IS difference what the code is, not just the fact that it's a code.
    You don't need to know programming or something to get the code (Molly)
    The file name is 102939201.png , but "Molly said yesterday in the IRC that it was just a coincidence that its name is a palindrome." I'd add, coincidence, but NOT the fact the name is random. Maybe the name IS a clue.
    Guessing probably won't get you very far. The comments in the code aren't the easter eggs (Tiy), so the words like Ape Banana Code Avian etc. should not be just taken and combined - it's useless.
    The comic, having been written/drawn by neither molly nor tramsan, has nothing to do with the easter egg. (indirectly confirmed by Molly, mb wrong?)

Playing with ASCII didn't get anybody anywhere. As my pal said, it looked like a baconian cipher, but I can't check, and first look didn't get me anywhere. So I'm going to sleep.

11. Ravager A.I

Ravager A.I Intergalactic Tourist

Well I can say this. Can't find jack in the code. (At least nothing obvious. I might be blind...)

I must say this however, whoever did the coding for the character creator has a great sense of humor. :p

12. 0xE1

0xE1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Update from mollygos!

Hirumaru, Mianso, Aviakio and 5 others like this.
  13. w32badtransb

Just for the case you want to try it out. I did an ASCI shift, then reversed, then XOR ..... no luck jet

PHP:
    <?php
    $test 
    =  "#@35.6$)sdf(*H3Y(#...#$.432@#.a@.VZQ0..sa002.Q@)(21*#@)*2#(33.24.56.@)#094...0a...WN0TU@)!02.934.22.a2039...";
    $testb "bananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabananabanana";
    /////////                          e                e    e      e    e                            e    ee  e
    /////////                                    e    ee                            e    e      e    e          e
    ///////// e                e  e      e                      e    e            e
    /////////  e                            e              e      e              e                  e
    /////dear dear          a  d  d  a  d  e              e    de  d aa      e d                e      a        a

//010313

$testr "...9302a.22.439.20!)@UT0NW...a0...490#)@.65.42.33(#2*)@#*12()@Q.200as..0QZV.@a.#@234.$#...#(Y3H*(fds)$6.53@#";
    /////////      thp        ht          pt              h    h      h    http://t    p  h                a

$test2 "#@35.6$)sdf(*H3Y(#...#$.432@#.a@.VZQ0..sa002.Q@)(21*#@)*2#(33.24.56.@)#094...0a...WN0TU@)!02.934.22.a2039...";

$offset_range 1000;

//"35.6*3.432.0.002.21**2 33.24.56.094.0a.02.934.22.2039";
    //"35+6+3+432+2+21+2+33+24+56+94+2+934+22+2039";

/*
    * banana
    */
    /*
    for ($i = 0; $i < strlen($test); $i++)
    {
    $c = $test[$i];
    $cb = $testb[$i];
    $newC = chr(ord($c) ^ ord($cb));
    $test2[$i] = $newC;

}

echo "$test2<br />";
    */

for ($o 0$o $offset_range$o++)
    {
        for (
    $i 0$i strlen($test); $i++)
        {

$c $test[$i];

$cr $testr[$i];

$cb $testb[$i];

/*
            * asci shift
            */

$newC chr(ord($c) + intval($o));

/*
            * forward int plus backward int
            */
            //$newC = chr(ord($c) + ord($cr));

/*
            * just stuff
            */
            //$newC = chr(ord($c) - ord($cb) - intval($o) );

$test2[$i] = $newC;

}

echo 
    "$test2<br />";
    }

14. Redheat

Redheat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Straight from IRC:

mollygos the only letters you need to pay attention to in that code are: HEY VZQO WNOTU

Edit: oops, im a bit late. Damn ninjas

15. 0243

0243 Subatomic Cosmonaut

If it is so, i'd say that the 102939201 is 9-symbol and the new text is, too. Mb another coincidence, of course...

16. Drayden150

Drayden150 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe we should try re-arranging these letters or something.

17. todayisok

todayisok Subatomic Cosmonaut

VZQO = WARP? (shifted by one letter)

MRLEMONADEZ123 and MahBucket like this.
  18. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

Tried some anagram sites, no luck

19. w32badtransb

"Starbound" = also 9 chars

20. Milieta

Milieta Subatomic Cosmonaut

From the irc I would guess along the lines of Hey (vzqo) why not you. Not is a matter of figuring out what vzqo is reduced from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.