Modding Help Easel mods?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Jesuscatface, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Jesuscatface

Jesuscatface Space Hobo

I don't really know what im talking about, so bare with me :p

I was hoping I could find something to make easel easier to use, but unless I missed it, I couldn't find any mods for it. More specifically, I wanted to be able to directly input RGB values instead of dragging my mouse around the colorpicker trying to find the color I want. I feel it's safe to assume something like that is possible, but I'm not so knowledgeable about this stuff. I guess my question is really: would this be hard to do?

Alternatively, could I replace the colors in the colorpicker with a custom pallet? In some cases I wouldn't be using many colors, only a few specific ones. If I could have a few columns of the colors I planned to use, that would be just as useful.

Any insight would help. I wouldn't mind coding on my own, but I would have to learn lua first. I was looking at some of the lua code for easel, but as of now i can't make much sense of it :p.

2. Kenshkrix

Kenshkrix Pangalactic Porcupine

You may be able to just replace \interface\easel\spectrumchart.png with a modified file to change the color pallete, but that's just a guess.

Otherwise you're going to want to look at \interface\easel\signstoregui.lua
    It's a pretty large and complicated file though.

3. Jesuscatface

Jesuscatface Space Hobo

I tried to edit spectrumchart.png, and even tho i saw the edited image in game, it didn't change the color picker.

Looking at signstoregui.lua, I noticed one of the comments mentioned 'it just checks against a pre-loaded array of the sub-image's pixel values'. I'm still playing around with the code, but I haven't figured out how to do what I want to do yet :p.

I did figure out a temporary (and very bad) solution. I can change the default color to a hex color code. Unfortunatly this means going to my ship and editing code everytime i want to change colors lol.