DURASTEEL REQUIRES COAL CHUNKS??

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Mexiun, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Mexiun

Mexiun Master Chief

Yeah the bettermerchant mod is deleted by my brother now and reseted the server, still got coal chunks ad a requirement lol.
    Oh well i'll ask my brother and his friend to make durasteel for me as i trade some stuff with them for it, and i dont need durasteel/ferozium anymore anyway :p

Anyways thanks for the support, also im glad im not the only one with this problem who went vocal about it.

2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

It seems I have to explain this every time.

BetterMerchants does add Coal Chunks to the game.You obtain them by growing the Coal Crystal Seeds (name may be incorrect) that you buy from the Adventurer NPC you can spawn after crafting the necessary Human upgrade.

BetterMerchants does not overwrite existing recipes. At all. It adds its own recipes for items which use Coal Chunks. The reason you are not finding the default recipes is because of Wulfs AtomWorks mod which, as far as I know, changes the locations of recipes... or it could be user error in that you may have forgotten to use the appropriate Starmap before coming on the forums. IDK.

It's not my fault.

prodamn likes this.
  3. ColateralDamage

ColateralDamage Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yup sounds like you need to get the latest version of WulfsAtomWorks. Some of it's earlier versions remove the default recipes entirely, the latest version doesn't though.

I actually have most of your mods and a few more and don't have this issue anymore.

4. That.Fellow.Dutch

That.Fellow.Dutch Space Hobo

I have this dudes same issue. It is your mod. I can't even craft torches because of the damnable chunk madness. I've taken out all of the mods I use (like twelve at most) except yours. When yours is installed I require coal chunks for crafting some stuff. When it's not installed, I have no issues. Also I did this vise versa. I'll say it again. It is your mod doing all this chunk garbage. I say all this with only the highest regards for your mod. Because this is the only reason I'm not using it right now. Which sucks.