1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Draenei race 2.1.0

Draenei race from World Of Warcraft

1. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

Unless the race includes outdated and decriped recipes or something, "updating" it would LITERALLY mean simply: Open mod's main identifier file (it's been too long since I modded Starbound and I forget what file extension it uses, but it should be called something along the lines of the mod's name), then change the version string to the latest one (meaning "giraffe" or w.e. the correct string is for the latest update).

Been too long since I modded this game, apparently this is no longer needed... n.nU

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  2. Ulithium_Dragon

So much is going to be needed to update this... I started to try and fix it before realizing that this mod hadn't even been updated to 1.0 (which broke LITTERALLY every single mod, and custom races were among the worst of these due to the changes to ships).

Even if I just copy+pasted the same model for all 8 ship tiers, a zillion .json files are not broken, and I'm really not very good at coding with Java, and am having a hard time because of that, and because I'm unclear on what functions and variables are decrepit. I was reverse engineering changes off of the Avali race, but I've given up for tonight as there's just too damn much left to do... >_<

3. scoterr

scoterr Scruffy Nerf-Herder

'sup guys. Update is coming and a huge gift for the community from me.

4. scoterr

scoterr updated [World Of Warcraft] Draenei race with a new update entry:

Updated to latest Starbound version.

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. TrevorDaMan

TrevorDaMan Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way for me to get a glad giraffe version of this mod? I don't want to bother you with a request since I know modding is hard but I am not ready to go to the release version yet and I would really like to play it on Glad Giraffe BETA stable version if its possible in any way.

6. Ulithium_Dragon

Wow you updated it! Nice! :D

No worries about the ship stuff - there's simply a TON more stuff that needs to be done now to get a custom race up and running than there was in the early stages of the beta. :]

7. Ulithium_Dragon

The ship overhauls were done prior to the 1.0 release, and thus are compatible with any version of the game after the "tiered ship" update (I forget which one that was - very dumb of them to use silly animal names and random verbs for their version strings ffs...).

Now that doesn't just mean that you can drag and drop the updated ship assets onto the old version and have it all working fine, but that is the part that changed the most. *Shrug*

8. scoterr

@Ulithium_Dragon I'm happy I've missed previous Starbound versions as it would make me add every dialogue for SAIL and stuff. 1.0 is pretty simple but I think I'll have to add Draenei Crafting station and the rest as additional objects. Making all of the upgrades is too much for such a terrible artist.

@TrevorDaMan Glad Giraffe was the combat update, right? I've missed that update because of quests and tons of SAIL dialogues. I'll see what I can do but don't expect anything soon. It's my birthday in 2 days ^^

9. TrevorDaMan

Oh nice! thanks for considering my post since a lot of people are still using the before release version like me! And are you going to celebrate your birthday with family and friends or will you do some kind of stream for it? anyways Happy Birthday in advance man! Its good to see your doing well in life and that after all of that you still came back to us after 2 years continuing to work on this mod!

10. scoterr

Hmm... I'll celebrate with my family which consists of me and my girlfriend so we'll think about something for Starbound community ^^

11. TrevorDaMan

Cool it could be something like a live stream,vid or pictures even. dunno what you gonna do if you stream or make a vid but playing star bound and interacting with us seems like an obvious and simple idea.

12. Ulithium_Dragon

Glad to hear you're doing well scoterr!

No rush on the updates - we waited over a year for the Starbound 1.0 release, and this mod hasn't been updated for longer than that, so there's certainly no hurry! :]

13. scoterr

[​IMG]
    Hooves! And normal-colored underwear! I'll push an update when I'll finish horn selection.

Ulithium_Dragon likes this.
  14. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH. I'M SO HAPPY!!! X'D

Once this is complete and the argonian mod is revived, I can finally start Western RPG multi-race band!!! =D

15. scoterr

scoterr updated [World Of Warcraft] Draenei race with a new update entry:

Hooves, horns, custom hair!

Read the rest of this update entry...

16. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Is there plans to add the face tentacles in the future?

17. scoterr

Males do have tentacles. Problem with females is that their tentacles are very thin and I can't find a way to pixel them correctly.
    Anyway, females have their tentacles behind ears so these are hidden by hair.

bluestorm2112 likes this.
  18. bluestorm2112

bluestorm2112 Tentacle Wrangler

Ah ok, there are no images of the males so I had only the females to go off.

19. scoterr

[​IMG]
    Tentacles :eek:

20. Crusism

Crusism Big Damn Hero

I have a question though: Why is this awesomeness still marked as 'Outdated' here? =D