1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

dont be pushed down devs

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kostriktor, Jun 16, 2023.

1. Kostriktor

Kostriktor Big Damn Hero

is starbound so slow because you feel like being outpaced by terraria or something ?
    you guys have such a more indepth experience compared to any other 2d platformer.
    please dont feel pushed down; work on this thing please.
    performance especially; modders can do the rest lol
    multi coring and what not

Armok likes this.
  2. Firepaw Da Cat

Firepaw Da Cat The Fluffy Cat

Slow? I'm pretty sure it's not being worked on at all, the last real update was like 3-4 years ago, at least that's what I saw looking at the chucklefish blog
    So I think it's safe to say it's not going to be worked on anymore and I doubt we'll see any more updates in the future, they've moved on to other projects

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Blitworks is working on brining Starbound to Xbox. The earliest any new work on Starbound will happen only when that is complete. Blitworks has had to basically redo all the code from scratch so it's taking time. Once the port is finished it's possible that PC Starbound will receive optimisation and if sales are good it's possible Chucklefish will add staff to work on updates for it. Currently all Chucklefish staff is working on their next game, Witchbrook.

4. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I generally agree with the OP though, Starbound is such a vastly better game than Terraria and all the other 2D platformers. It would be nice to see this release not just on Xbox Series X/S but on PS5 as well and hopefully it gets one more content update as well...just to make PC sales relevant too along with console release.

tigerfestival likes this.