Modding Help Disabling error logging for bad recipes?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by greenRAM, Mar 2, 2017.

1. greenRAM

greenRAM Giant Laser Beams

Is there a way to disable the game from logging errors in a mod, specifically for recipes that don't correspond to an item in-game? It would be nice to keep building mod support without worrying whether the user has the mod installed or not.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You're talking about a recipe using items that may or may not exists?
    The downside to that is how easily you won't catch your selling errors.

For some things, you can do conditional patching. I'm afraid that isn't quite possible for recipes. I'd really prefer a big file - or rather several big files - for recipes.
    craftingwheel.recipes
    inventorstable2.recipes
    Then you just craft one big patch for each of those tables to add your objects/tiles/weapons/whatever. It would be less files to deal with, and less to do when dealing with lots of items. And you COULD do conditional patching to it. Oh well... how things are is how things are.

What does irk me though is that you can't put something like
    "output" : { "item" : "lunarbaseplatform-recipe", "count" : 1 }
    without an error (at startup) when actually that's perfectly valid in-game(will work, won't generate an error). Also valid in a .treasure file (I don't think those get evaluated during startup).

As for what you're saying, they should have some sort of attribute that nulls the recipe entirely (without error) if an ingredient is not valid. Possibly even an alternate recipe extension to cover this instead.

greenRAM likes this.