Dig a little deeper!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Luchóg

Luchóg Sandwich Man

This sounds great, I usually avoid too much underground because it was rather boring at times.

Also I'm really hoping that little critter beside the player is a pet, alluding to more progress with the pet system and possibly evolutions. ;)

2. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Awesome.

It's a lot of fun for me to attach lights and what not to wiring. I plan to wire up a panic button that throws the red warning lights on in my ship

3. Imperial_Ranger

Imperial_Ranger Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for putting more stuff in the ground but, I don't think its enough. You see, all of my characters, all I do is walk on the surface and mine the stuff I can see, but now you added treasure troves and I thank you for that but I also think it would help people settle down on ONE planet and make a mine to get down deeper would be to lower the amount of minerals that you find on the surface and area near it. Or like seen in countless other sandbox games like Minecraft or Terrira the lower you go the more rare the minerals and harder things get. But anyway thanks for the update and the large amount of things added, fixed, or corrected.

4. oceansRising

oceansRising Pangalactic Porcupine

Deeeeeeeeper. Underground? Heck yes. I'm excited.

5. Goldensun441

Goldensun441 Void-Bound Voyager

6. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

Hey these underground digging do really looking to be good now but i want you to add bit more something like this so people can dig more deeper.. do the same like terraria with random loot and cabins to loot and look out for traps under it and add some kind of guardians.. like made out of stone or cultists guarding a evil power that generate some powerful effects that affect the character like in Heck Biome or something more.. add bit more ores to dig deeper.. not just focus on surface but rather dig at suface or dig down to find some good ores in area along with stronger mobs that spawns as well

Zaturi likes this.
  7. Xxen13

Xxen13 Aquatic Astronaut

Armagon!! Just keep an open mind, and let the awesome ideas keep coming... It's an infinite amount of ideas/possibilities, pick the cool ones!

8. Xxen13

Xxen13 Aquatic Astronaut

Armagon!! Also, looooove the glowing plants...

9. StarKaiser

StarKaiser Big Damn Hero

hey remember to edit your posts and don't double post :S but i do support your idea xD but don't let Mods chew you out for doing it

Xxen13 likes this.
  10. Stylµs

Stylµs Phantasmal Quasar

How has this been overlooked? I don't see why you're looking for praise or even announcing things that should, logically; be in the game already.

11. ThatMadCat

ThatMadCat Phantasmal Quasar

Great work on the lights! I can see those TVs and Alarms making for a creepy as sin dungeon/evil lair :eek:

12. _Q_

_Q_ Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All items from that underground mini dungeon also can be found on surface, not good enough to keep digging just to find the same items I can find on surface.

Ponjkl likes this.
  13. willpill35

willpill35 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hot damn that alarm makes me squeee

14. Jabberwok

Jabberwok Phantasmal Quasar

The lighting looks amazing, especially the TV. Also, micro-dungeons are great.

Xxen13 likes this.
  15. Saltinee47

Saltinee47 Space Spelunker

Ow! The siren hurts my ears!

16. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Isn't that kind of a thing sirens do though?

17. xdomiall

xdomiall Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for your hard work :) keep it up

18. Razza999

Razza999 Void-Bound Voyager

Is there any way you could make the lights flicker on when turned on and flicker off when turned off to add to the atmosphere of the game. Imagine walking into a deserted black dungeon and turning the light on for it to flicker momentarily to reveal a monster in the darknes or turn it on and the light is faulty so it keeps flickering on and off.

I know most brand new lights would work instantly but maybe for the older dungeons this could be iplemented.

Kawa likes this.
  19. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I don't see anything. Can you specify? I really want to see it

20. crimsonneko521

crimsonneko521 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, this is kind of a random question, but it involves lighting AND wiring, so figured it was related enough - With how the wiring works, can you set up a chain of delayed activations? Really, I'm thinking of that effect in so many movies and such when you click on the lights in an old building or something and you see the lines of lights turn on one row at a time, creating a slightly delayed dramatic reveal. It'd probably be easy to do, if wiring works the way I think it does (which it probably doesn't, but anyway). Just, if someone sets up a chain of wires (ie light a to light b to light c to switch a, for example), that there be a tiny delay, say .25 seconds, for each activation down the line. In the previous example, light c would be immediate, light b .25 seconds later, and light c would turn off half a second half flipping the switch, so there is kind of dramatic reveal of whatever the lights reveal. Small idea, don't know if its doable, but just wondering if it is, or maybe that's even how it already works.

Razza999 likes this.