RELEASED Dialogue Font Redux

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ra-elem, Mar 25, 2016.

1. ra-elem

ra-elem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found the default font to be inconsistent and messy, so I've made it more so.

StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-25 07-58-06-57.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-25 07-59-08-25.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-25 08-01-32-50.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-25 08-03-09-04.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-25 08-03-57-40.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-03-25 08-04-16-82.png

If you see anything that's out of place be sure to let me know.

If you're manually installing it, just drop the .xnb files onto Content/Loose Sprites, but I would recommend using SDVMM, for an easier life.

I've also been trying to edit the smaller font, but no great results as of now.

.zip containing the .xnb files is attached to the post.

Attached Files:

• Allan Belmont

Allan Belmont Lucky Number 13

Nice! Really clean font. Loved it

ra-elem likes this.
      • MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

(I Want a Comic Sans Font)

• ra-elem

I'll try to comply.

• MrIce

MrIce Subatomic Cosmonaut

:D

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

did you make this in photoshop?

if you have the .PSD it might be beneficial for everyone to have the un-rasertized layers so everyone can make them

• ra-elem

I actually made this in a way which would make it able for everyone to make their own font.

copy.png copy 2.png

If you can see the green square in the left image, that's the maximum amount of pixels a character can take up. I made a grid so that it's easier to find the correct dimensions. ConcernedApe didn't make coding for dialogue consistent in spacing, meaning when you first make your font, chances are some characters would look weird, may it be too small or big, too low or too high etc. etc. So when you make your own font, test and fix any errors you find. My font underwent about 8 tests in-game, and 8 errors were fixed.

For the font_colored.xnb, it looks basically the same as the font_bold.xnb, just fill it with white.

Attached Files:

• ra-elem

Hey guys, I made a slimmer, and imo, cleaner font and it's already good for use, as always point out anything that's out of hand.

StardewModdingAPI 2016-04-03 20-22-39-14.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-04-03 20-22-59-93.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-04-03 20-23-14-65.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-04-03 20-23-28-17.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-04-03 20-23-57-25.png StardewModdingAPI 2016-04-03 20-25-48-94.png

Download available at the main post. Labeled as "DialogueFontRedux2.zip"

• GosuGian

GosuGian Twenty-three is number one

• FinalMantasyX

FinalMantasyX Big Damn Hero

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Really liked the first of the two! Thanks very much for developing it; using it now.

• about drew

about drew Phantasmal Quasar

Love the clean font, great job!

• thaimeodz96

thaimeodz96 Void-Bound Voyager

Can u help me add unicode font ?

• Bluarchon

Bluarchon Void-Bound Voyager

I love the font but for some reason the first letter of each word seems to be misaligned, not at all like your screenshots.

upload_2017-7-21_18-37-9.png

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@Bluarchon They're outdated files. When SDV 1.2 came out, it updated the font files to include more letters because of the language expansion. So the mod is outdated. You can unpack the XNB files and merge them though if you want.

• Zake

Zake Void-Bound Voyager

I updated one of the versions (my favorite), so I am sharing just in case someone wants it.

Attached Files:

云朵飘啊飘 likes this.