1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Dev Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Marche100, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marche100

Marche100 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why did bartwe leave the dev team, and why hasn't anything been said about it? Just wondering.

Gunslinger, Konsai, Serenity and 4 others like this.
  2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

I suggest you don't bring it up

3. Marche100

Why not?

Gunslinger, Oscurita, Archer and 9 others like this.
  4. I don't see a problem bringing it up, but honestly it's something that everyone will find out if and when another member of the development staff chooses to comment on the topic.

Serenity likes this.
  5. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

If people really want to know just ask Omni when he streams. That's how I learned the whole story.

6. Why don't you tell us the story, then, if you're so knowledgeable on the subject?

BL00DIEDHELL, hansmorg, Zody and 9 others like this.
  7. Marche100

Why would I ask during a stream when I could just ask now? I'm not trying to be rude or anything, I'm just wondering what the harm is in asking here where the most people frequent.

8. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Because I rather not open that can of worms. so there

9. Then why even bring it up, @Darklight ? You're just going to cause a ruckus in here.

Owl_Stalker, Pingeh, Konsai and 4 others like this.
  10. Marche100

What will happen if you post it? Will you get banned or something? Is this a taboo subject around the forums? Because the moderator made it seem like it's not.

11. There's no reason to act so churlish about it. Marche100 wants to know what happened to bartwe, and if you're not going to venture information you apparently have, you're pretty much intentionally derailing the thread.

12. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I had no clue he even left

13. LightPhoenix

LightPhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure what the deal is, it's not like Bartwe hasn't talked about it on his stream. He wasn't going to move his family to London, and he wanted to work on his own game (Staxel). People move from job to job all the time.

bartwe likes this.
  14. Marche100

That's kind of why I brought it up (other than just not knowing if the rumor was true myself). Not many people seem to have a clue, and one person is quite a sizable chunk of the programmers.

15. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

I miss him. And I really want to know what happened.

Serenity likes this.
  16. pinkie pirate

pinkie pirate Cosmic Narwhal

TELL US THE SECRET

17. But why is he still listed as a team member on the Starbound team page?

18. Konsai

Konsai Title Not Found

That seems like something that should most definitely be known. I don't watch their streams and nobody brought it up, but having a member of the team leave will impact development greatly, will it not?

WoxandWarf, BobdaBiscuit and leebz222 like this.
  19. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

Maybe he planned a return? later

Serenity likes this.
  20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

No since Meta has filled that gap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.