OOC DEPTHS [APPS WANTED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Opinion

1. Delicous! (Very positive)

45.2%
  2. Appealing. (Positive)

41.9%
  3. Not worth a fuss... (Neutral)

6.5%
  4. Appalling. (Negative)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disgusting! (Very negative)

6.5%
  1. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

You and your obsession with British weaponry.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Technically, it's only based on a British gun. Besides, I'm Canadian, we ended up using, and frankly, making a lot of their stuff.

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  3. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Makes sense, considering that Canada WAS initially a colony of both France and the Britain.

4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

And there's the whole commonwealth thing. At any rate, I chose the Boys AT rifle mainly because of aesthetics; kinda fond of the top mounted magazine and the 'harmonica' muzzle brake. Yes, the Lahti L-39 has those as well, but that's a 20mm cannon that weighs 109 lbs. Maybe as an upgrade... maybe.

Firebird Zoom and Relten like this.
  5. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

I was just about to reference the L-39.

6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I'm not sure what's scariest about that gun. Is it the 20x138mm cartridge? The crank you need to cock the action because you're not just going to rack that bolt? Is it the sound it makes, kinda like God slamming a car door...

Or is it the fact that the crazy Finns eventually refitted them to fire fully automatic?

Arra, Firebird Zoom, Relten and 2 others like this.
  7. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

My god, that thing looks like so much fun to fire.

8. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

It looks like that thing gives you a full body massage every time it fires.

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It's semi-automatic, has that massive muzzle brake, and a padded stock, so it might not be that unpleasant; as long as you remember your earplugs, of course.

10. Relten

Relten The Waste of Time

Shoulder aches aside, it is really fun to fire.
    Still a pain the ol' shoulder though probably not as bad as the .907 rifle that exists. I've never shot a .907, but seeing as how it costs $60 per bullet, on top of the price of the gun, I probably never will.

11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

With that cost per bullet, it sounds like a custom handload; similar to a .600 nitro express. Also, I took a look at one of those rifles, besides the muzzle brake, it doesn't seem to have any other recoil dampening system. It's also highly unlikely to be semi-automatic, so none of that force is cycling the action, and is all going into your shoulder.

12. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Finally finished this one.

Name: John “Blitz” Kriegsler
    Race: Glitch
    Relationships: Blitzbeard/ Distant ancestor
    Physical appearance: Blitz is large and massive, comparable in size and build to the Hulk. He usually wears a helmet that resembles a welding mask. An emblem of a lightning bolt striking down through the yellow outline of a hexagon is emblazoned on his shoulders and back. Blitz's finish is spotless and electricity is sometimes seen arcing off his body.
    Personality: Blitz is a fun-loving guy, always ready with a joke to lighten the mood and raise morale. He is loyal to a fault, but he is not afraid to speak up for anyone who he sees as being treated unjustly. Blitz will not hesitate to kill, but takes no pleasure in it and sees it only as a last resort, as he prefers to solve conflicts peacefully.
    Traits:
    Positive:
    • Convincing: Blitz is a master of rhetoric and making arguments.
    • Sturdy
    • Electrified: The majority of Blitz’s body is a massive capacitor bank, with his entire body being electrically charged, anyone who would attack him would be in for a nasty shock.
    • Glare filter: immune to blinding.
    Neutral:
    • Hands and feet are insulated
    • Scientist
    • Knowledgeable about lasers
    • Extrovert
    Negative:
    • Short Circuit: can’t operate complex technology
    • Bright: extremely reflective; his lasers give off enormous amounts of light.
    • Remarkable: stands out in a crowd
    • Unskilled brawler: most of his tactics in a fight are to either keep his distance or to grab his opponent and hug them to death.
    • Not the most observant
    • Not a warrior: at the end of the day, Blitz is a scientist, not a soldier; as such, he is unskilled with most weapons.
    • Zzzzzzt: Doesn’t function well if submerged in water.
    Items:
    • Star Beam: a glorified flashlight. The Star Beam gets its name from the fact that when it is activated, it is 20000 times brighter than the sun. It is so bright that if anyone looks at its beam without proper protection, they will instantly go blind.
    • Explosively Pumped Ruby Pulse Laser: an unfinished prototype that uses magnesium flash powder to charge a laser.
    • Soldering kit.
    • Extra rations.
    • Laser goggles.
    • Treasure map.
    History:
    Blitz has constantly aspired to build more powerful lasers. He has gone to great lengths to get the components he requires, and those adventures have left him with many stories to tell. The expedition is only the most recent of the many adventures this scientist has had.

13. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You've been watching too much styropyro haven't you? :p Anyway, accepted, but the Star Beam will only shine as bright as a small star. Which is still obscenely bright. Enough to blind most.

14. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Blitzcrank comes to mind.

15. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

I know I'm replying in incredibly choppy and short sentences but I'm just playing him as he is, ain't a social person.

16. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

*may or may not have forgotten about the existence of the forums*

17. Jareix Cryvix

Welcome back. Hopefully you can get caught up with the last five pages before we set off.

18. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Ill try, but i cant promise anything.

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  19. Jareix Cryvix

Basically, you should be getting your characters ready to visit the ruins in the mines. Though I think Reindhardt would have been better having joined the scouting group.
    Actually, I could probably work that in if you'd like.

20. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

There is also the slim chance that ill make new chars, as is typical after the curse of Zetta has struck.