1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion [DEPRECATED] StarDanksCMS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by danks_, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Fenrirthviti

Fenrirthviti Tentacle Wrangler

danks_ likes this.
  2. RavenDust

RavenDust Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, rewrote that stuff from yesterday (looks sleekier now xD)... Also fixed a session variable issue in login.php and two username indices in banpan.php and chatstaff.php.

[edit] I found the error with the log parser... you're feeding strings to the implode() function, which it apparently doesn't like. So i did horrible things to them:

Code:
    $larray = array();
    $larray[] = $line;
    $l = implode(",", $larray);

Now it works without warnings :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    danks_ likes this.
  3. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Wow, this is really really nice Raven, thanks a lot for that! I'll update it all right away! :)

RavenDust and Surrealer like this.
  4. RavenDust

Cool :D Out of sheer boredom i began to create a news system which replaces cutenews and works with mysql, too... I think i'll be finished soon, if you're interested i'll hand it over. No credits whatsoever required :p And if not, nevermind - it's good practice for me and keeps me from playing TOR all the time...
    news_overview.png

Surrealer likes this.
  5. danks_

That looks awesome, if you don't mind sharing it, I'll put it on the CMS for everyone to use :)

6. RavenDust

That's the point ;)

[edit] Okay, looks finished... Though i have no idea which files actually differ. Changed too much^^

There are two new files, news.php in adminc and the root folder. Some edits in the menu files, changed some stuff in the install file (for the new 'news'-table. One new folder (ckeditor) for the editing part... But nothing essential has changed. I also removed the 'cutenews'-folder and the samples from the ckeditor package.

I packed everything in one zip, including the patches from before, some typos, fixed some stuff in the styles (tables weren't rounded), the news system and automatic deletion of the install.php (dunno if you wanted that, it's in install.php, line 435).

I have no idea if the whole thingie is safe - should be, at least. No guarantees^^

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download/bopn4hn85w1qaoj/stardanks.zip

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
    Surrealer likes this.
  7. Fenrirthviti

Do your changes need a reinstall, or can I just overwrite the files? News was one of the main draws to this for me, so I'd like to update asap.

RavenDust and Surrealer like this.
  8. RavenDust

Good thing you mention that. Previously it was necessary to completely reinstall everything, now that you asked there is the AWESOME updater (file is attached, rename to update.php). Just cram it into the root folder of your stardanks installation, fire it up in your browser and voila: news should be there. Remember to keep your inc/config.php and inc/db.php when overwriting the files.

Attached Files:

GaijinSama likes this.
  9. danks_

Great, I'll work out the moderator panel, the mod list and the other small changes I did to the website.
    I'll take a peek in the install.php, I didn't want it self to auto delete, I'll edit it and make it a button. If it throws an error during the installation, you can just re-run it and delete it with a click once it runs.
    I'll keep a copy of your update.php and start using it from now on (tbh, i was kinda lazy not to do this for the other updates, but given how often I was doing them and how fast I wanted to put them out, I didn't think it was worth it).

BTW, in case you didn't notice, the website tries to check if the server is offline by pinging the server, if you have too many users refreshing your website, it's gonna kill the website eventually. I did a workaround to this on the sb.bkg.me website, I completely deleted the ping function and the website checks for status using a python script. Not everyone has python installed, I don't know if a lot of people is interested in that. If I find a workaround to this via PHP that will not cost the server RAM (yes, server loads a bit of RAM everytime a connection is made) I'll get it out there. Maybe I can check for running process instead of open port. I'll figure it out later on.
    For a small server with about 1 to 20 website visits every 10 to 30 minutes, it's not much of a deal, but it can be dangerous.

Also, if everything works, I might have the linux server manager working about next week, BKG might let me borrow a small test server to finish the function (or I'll stop being lazy and try to install it correctly on a vmware/vmbox). So, yeah, I am working on this, it will eventually be added.

I think I'll add the next official update after the next patch is released (or tomorrow if I don't have much work). I'll just put Raven's link in the OP for those interested in the changes. Patch should come one this week eventually, I'm just worried about the logs changing. Also have to consider a few new features I wanted to add, like a user panel (which would have no actual features as of now).

Surrealer and RavenDust like this.
  10. Yeeman

Yeeman Intergalactic Tourist

Nice work, thanks a lot.

11. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

Is it just me or did you make the cms work when steam is in the folder Program Files (x86)? You know because of the spaces. When I first installed the game I moved just the server files to the mail c drive. But I moved it back and I updated the locations using the webtools and it is working perfectly.

12. danks_

depends on the windows version you are running, actually, I think vista or greater than vista will give you issues, XP will probably work and I'm not sure about windows server.
    This happens because apache doesn't have permission to alter anything on the program files folder, unless executed as administrator, I tested it myself and the server didn't launch when I had it on program files.

Could've been a fluke, but, many other people that were trying to do have php open starbound_server.log and modify accesscontrol.config got into this kind of issues.

13. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

I have a vm of windows 7. So maybe I am fortunate that it works with the os. I am going to school to get a degree in network security and my teachers have talked about avoiding using spaces in file names and what not cause most cases a space is a type of delimiter.

14. danks_

I don't think this is the case where space delimits, php delimits with ""; and includes all spaces inside, like I said, it's most likely a user permission thing

15. GaijinSama

GaijinSama Aquatic Astronaut

new version sweet like candy, am trying to break it now. thank you for your effort here, man! :chucklefish:

RavenDust and danks_ like this.
  16. bkg

bkg Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, take a look

17. danks_

Hello everyone, I've been having some terrible internet problems, my ISP must really hate me or something, I've actually tried to post this about 5 times already (not even images will load anymore, all I see is text in a white background), meaning that you'll have to bear with me for a while until my internet is fixed or something. On the other hand, the last 2 days I've been pretty busy with my own problems, and I haven't been able to do much, but I've been working on v2.0 of the website since RavenDust's News System release.

It will have several improvements, first will be using the apache mysqli extension instead of the, now old and outdated mysql extension. To be honest, I should've had started the website with mysqli instead of mysql. It's a lot more efficient and overall cleaner, better looking code. Another notable improvement will be, no more pinging to check if the server is online, I'm currently trying my luck by making PHP check on the running processes (Windows), instead of sending a packet to the server every single time the website is reloaded, which will make the website a lot quicker and it won't kill your server if you have a lot of people connecting to it at the same time.
    I'm currently reworking Raven's News System, I added pagination and changed the look of it (I'm not sure everyone will like it as much as I do, but we can always update it to make it look better).
    There will also be a second News System but just for the administration.

The big changes are a lot bigger, the whitelist registration was changed, now users can also login to the website. This will allow users to enter the User Panel and change their passwords any time (the server still will need to be restarted for it to read the new values, sadly, the developers haven't touched that yet). I might add some more functions to the User Panel, I'm still not sure what else could be implemented in it.
    The menu categories and their respective Sub Menus are now stored in the database, this means that editing files to change links is a thing of the past. I have yet to make the Menu Manager, but it will come in due time.
    Same goes for the About Us and the new Server Rules pages, they are stored in the database and can be edited from the Admin Panel.

--
    I still haven't gotten my hands into the Linux Server Manager, I can't make promises about this being a thing in the first release of StarDanks CMS v2. I hope this is not an issue, I believe the News System, Page System, Menu Manager and the Server Status are far more important right now.

If there's any feature, except for the Linux Server Manager, that would like to see fixed/upgraded/added, this is the right time to tell me.
    I don't know how game mods changed this version, I had an already working Server Modifications thing going, I'm tempted to add it to the website (You could simply delete it from the Menu Manager and delete the respective php file in the inc folder and no one would ever see your mods if you don't want people snooping around or if you are going Vanilla)
    ETA: 2 to 4 days (Wednesday, maybe)

RavenDust likes this.
  18. Fenrirthviti

FYI, AppServ seems to be installing a botnet. Probably want to avoid sending people there.

Took a bit of tracking down.

19. danks_

o_O what, really? Wow, I've been using it for years, can you post some more information about it or something? I'm pretty worried now.

20. Fenrirthviti

Had a service running after installing called "Detatchers.exe" that was installed into the AppServ directories. IRC botnet/Trojan/win32 backdoor. Possible it was exploited there, though the location being in the AppServ folder is very suspicious.

The AppServ project also appears to be dead, and the website is extremely sketchy on closer investigation. Many of the links are broken and go nowhere, and the sourceforge project hasn't been updated in near a year. You probably want to start using current versions and not the old ones anyway.

Had to scrap my VPS and start over as it was well compromised.

danks_ likes this.