1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion [DEPRECATED] StarDanksCMS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by danks_, Dec 26, 2013.

1. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Login to the admin panel, look into Website Tools and go to Website Options.

$starbound_path is equal to the Log Path, you can select it there and change the value.

2. GaijinSama

GaijinSama Aquatic Astronaut

hm, nope, changed it there and no change in start server screen, stays default.

But if I manually start and stop, it does all tasks like butter ^_^

*restarted box it was on, and poogf! works! wierd issue to need a restart...

3. danks_

Good to know! Thanks for the feedback

4. FuzzyThor

FuzzyThor Existential Complex

I was able to install everything but now i am getting this error spamming this message at the top of the screen
    Code:
    Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in C:\AppServ\www\inc\log.class.php on line 129
    How can I fix this

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  5. danks_

Do you always see this error? Or only when you enter an specific page? Please, more info.

6. FuzzyThor

This error is at the top of every page. and on the chat log the error is spammed on the top as well as in the body where the chal log is

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  7. danks_

Alright, I'll check it out in a bit and I'll make a hotfix later

8. FuzzyThor

9. danks_

Yeah, I wasn't getting the error because I have them off, so they don't usually show on the site. I'll work it out and fix it, thanks.

10. danks_

Next update possible features:
    - Header image
    - Spawn World Backup/Restore Manager
    - log.cass.php line 129 fix

ETA: 32 hours
    Why? Because I'm going drinking tonight, hangover will happen.

supernet2 likes this.
  11. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

Lol i love your brutal honesty. I'll be taking a look at your project later on this week and ill aggressively test it out and let you know my findings if any. At least on the windows platform

danks_ likes this.
  12. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

i already have my website ready, so basicly i just whanted to point that out, because of course someday starbound will relase a better server. But in the history of all this game i never see more advance tools than those created by the community, for example aegis wrapper releasing very soon will be an amazing one.

i think you concept is great and i'm thinking maybe inegrate it in a iframe on my website just for the key thing :p

but in total honesty, you will loosing a lot of users not making him compatible with the better wrapper for starbound, of course all is insane, but just the best will attract a lot of people, because in the end, just the best wrapper will survive...

supernet2 likes this.
  13. supernet2

I think if he makes this plugin supportive, like say... it doesn't do to much modification/maintenance, the community wrapper creators can just build a plugin to support this or something of the sort. If that happens it would basically help make the two most greatest tools out their. At least in my opinion.

danks_ likes this.
  14. danks_

The thing is, any wrapper that doesn't modify the original starbound_server.log will work alright with the website, the output on that file will be the same.
    I've been working with the BKG.ME team, adding extra features to fit their their wrapper, and, there's already like 5 wrappers out there, all of them have different structures, adding all these extra small features for every wrapper, for example an advanced ban list (if the wrapper you are using has one) or a way to show the privileges that has been set on a planet, they all vary from programmer to programmer.

I'd have to be constantly speaking to just about anyone who releases a wrapper, talking to them about their structure, their files, their logs. That would not only affect the fact that I have a lot more to do than just continue to develop this fan made cms, I mean, there are a lot of features I've skipped because of this, while also attending classes and the small jobs I usually do on the side, it would mean it'd would take me about a month to make the website fully compatible to 2 or 3 wrappers, leaving completely aside features like the linux server manager (to start/stop the server on the go) or a better news system so that the website has a few features that may as well disappear one day because the wrapper project died.

What I might try to do, is sort of a plugin system, like supernet2 said, so that you could make a functionx.php file, add it to the adminc or inc folder and have it show in your website automatically, giving wrapper developers the option to make their own features, but I can't do it for them.

I also don't see why my website should be losing users because of not having extra wrapper features.

15. GaijinSama

GaijinSama Aquatic Astronaut

have been running 1.3 now overnight (12 hours) with load of 5 users, website handled admirably. chat log kept pace, no memory error crud, works as advertised. sweet.

playing with ban engine, you did it right! works on both local LAN connected players as well as outside internet players.

we will try to break the ban today into tonight. tests show ok by default, will throw a "hostile" player at it later.

supernet2 and danks_ like this.
  16. Underbalanced

Underbalanced Phantasmal Quasar

When someone creates an account, does the server have to restart for it to work?

17. danks_

Yes, this is totally server sided, until someone finds a way to make the server reload the accesscontrol.config file without restarting it, it will have to work like this. I added the function now so that I didn't have to do it later once the devs decide to make it a thing.

supernet2 likes this.
  18. omgmynameisjacobe

omgmynameisjacobe Space Hobo

I can't seem to login with the default admin username and password. tried refreshing the install by deleting the files on the webserver, then dumping the accounts and admin tables from the database, then putting them in again, but still a no-go.
    Any idea on how to fix this?
    Thanks.

19. supernet2

I found a crappy solution but... its just to set the server to automate restarts. Its because of how the server keep all files loaded in memory and doesn't allow for quick loading.. their is a way to cheat this system though... say you make your wrapper act as the accesscontrol.config "emulator" so that in doing so, everyones passwords and login info is retained on the "accesscontrol.config" that is acting as a gateway for inbound connectivity, this bypases the initial access control settings, but if you wanna double up on security say you have admin port open and someone knows it, they'd defalt back to requiring the servers accesscontrol.config username/password list considering that the wrapper isn't acting as a gateway to stop people and redirect and require their passwords through the gateway (or inthis aspect anything that route traffic, the wrapper, cms, etc...)

20. danks_

When you use the install script, you get to choose the admin username and password, you only get to use admin / admin1234 if you import the sql text that I haven't updated on the main post.

Bad news, party was shit, I'll start working on the website in a bit.