1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion [DEPRECATED] StarDanksCMS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by danks_, Dec 26, 2013.

1. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

website works, just need to find a way to make php execute the server and then find a way to kill said process

2. Stadl0r

Stadl0r Contact!

Awesome thanks for all the updates! One question, are you testing this in compatibility for Linux CentOS?

3. Surrealer

Surrealer Aquatic Astronaut

This looks amazing! Can't wait to see you release! Thanks man!

4. danks_

The website should work in any OS that has apache and php5+, I'm currently testing it in Ubuntu, because I'm doing it through a VMWare machine, for some reason I can't see the website because of the NAT, meaning that I had to test it in a OS with a GUI so I could open up 127.0.0.1 and see.

I could do the release later today, the only feature is missing is a way to turn the server on/off in Linux.

Stadl0r and Surrealer like this.
  5. Surrealer

Surrealer Aquatic Astronaut

that would be great, as long as it's fixed we can start the server manual

6. Stadl0r

Stadl0r Contact!

Thanks for the update! And If you're able to today, I would love to get my hands on it : )

7. danks_

Done, just added the download link and some information, a quick video of the installation process for windows will be on as soon as I finish uploading it.

8. Stadl0r

Stadl0r Contact!

Awesome thanks for getting this out. I have it installed and it's working on the MySQL end. One quick question. Currently I'm running my starbound server on the root dir separate from the web front. I know with PHP it's possible to load a file from the root of the server with a document root command. Would I alter the path in the config?

9. danks_

use /home/user/steam/starbound/linux32/ for example, you don't need to move the files out, you might have to change ownership or the permissions for the file, so that user (I believe you are using for the server) can read and modify starbound_server.log

If I misunderstood your question, try to rephrase it :p

10. danks_

Added the video with the explanation on how to install the website on windows, with a few comments on website features at the end.

11. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

this is great work man :) keep it up!

12. danks_

Thanks for the feedback! :D

13. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

btw, possible to add a "banner" installation from the admin panel or a way to add your own banner :)

Also perhaps a space to perhaps advertise your TS server and like a Facebook plugin which people can click that links you to your facebook pace.

14. danks_

Sure, the website still has a lot of stuff missing hehe, like the banner.

I'll work the banner/logo thing for the next update, about advertising the TS server and adding the facebook like widget, go into the html folder and edit the about.html to your liking, You can add a TS server widget and the facebook like button as well only using HTML.

15. Shirou

Shirou Aquatic Astronaut

Great! thanks will test it out.

16. Brockway

Brockway Pangalactic Porcupine

What the point of entering a key for adding yourself to the whitelist ? it's basicly a password in the end... With same limitations, that mean it can be share easily...
    My point is, why not add a unique key generator, so this way you can send unique key to each user that need to register.

Just an idea.

danks_ likes this.
  17. danks_

Yeah, I wanted to do that and for some reason I didn't, I can't remember why hehe, I think it was because when I started the CMS I was working with flatfile and I don't know why I didn't change it when I moved to MySQL, will probably change on for the next update, thanks for the feedback, +1

18. supernet2

supernet2 Existential Complex

ill bookmark this and look at it more later on... i like what you've done though. Im actually learning PHP so.. yeah i seen you say your building this for helping host a site and making registration (to the .accesscontrol) is pretty neat. ill take it apart later on. Thanks for posting this!

19. shibdib

shibdib Starship Captain

Looks like a cutenews skin?

20. Code:
    Warning: require_once(inc/db.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Users\Max\Desktop\AppServ\www\install.php on line 202

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'inc/db.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Users\Max\Desktop\AppServ\www\install.php on line 202
    Confuse about that, it's not creating the file, it's not showing the correct format of stuff, i tried first with XXAMP what is not working due the very broken page, then with what you used, but always end up on error after the database creation step.

danks_ likes this.