OOC Demon Hunters (on hold due to personal circumstance)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Ikbenbeter, Mar 11, 2014.

?

Interested?

1. yes

81.5%
  2. noooo

18.5%
  1. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

Questions are good.
    Such a technique would take up a spell slot with the weapon as a catalyst, like the light attack in the intro that uses the scythe.
    Gflux I'm reading your application right now

2. ZilverZap

ZilverZap Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm interested,just a question though,what are weapons of light?I still don't get what they are,are they weapons that we can enhance our flux into or just the weapons we wield?

3. Ikbenbeter

The best comparison is the keyblade from Kingdom Hearts. They are weapons hunters wield to fight demons but can be used as a catalyst to enhance magic. They are not made from flux themselves.

4. GravityFlux

GravityFlux Guest

Awesome!

5. Ikbenbeter

i added 2 extra paragraphs to the infodump and decreased the arbitrary age minimum to legal USA drinking age.

feedback woooooo
    First of all I still have no idea how Tiberius fights demons with a team. Guns are very ineffective against demons, and the stray bullets form a danger for the close fighters, and the role description also doesn't explain. Second he seems to be excellent in combat (taking down a class C "without using spells or explosives, and simply the might of .50 Cal, and several machine guns" is no small feat at all) and a master tactician, which is the jack of all trades scenario i was trying to avoid. His age is also very inconsistent, having a lifetime of experience at 31. Considering the rest of the bio I think you should up it. By a lot. I also have no clue why he is in Calsin. His magic, while I have no problems with the spells themselves, also doesn't seem to fit in with the role you gave. I would personally expect a tactician to learn spells that would give him oversight of the battlefield, show weak spots, etc, but if you want these spells I can't stop you.

Edit: It seems my vision for the RP was unclear, which was "people work together with crazy powers & weapons to take down massive demons". Now you all know, sorry about that

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    ZilverZap, Mercenary Lord and Seajun_ like this.
  6. Berry Punch

Berry Punch Big Damn Hero

Got another question for ya; Shapeshifting, possible or no? If so how would it work in terms of limitation, durability and requirement to do so? I mean I could try and make a sort of sample spell of it in a WiP (I was thinkin' dark) spell but I figured not ask?

7. Ikbenbeter

I don't have any problems with that; as long as it's not overpowered you're fine.
    It would depend if it was actual shapeshifting or taking on an illusion, taking on an illusion would cost little flux but actually changing shape would eat through flux fast.

8. Berry Punch

So would large amounts of flux be eaten up instantaneously from shapeshifting or gradually? Or is that up to me?

9. Ikbenbeter

It is up to you, although it would be an advantage for you to have it gradually since it would give you a bit of adaptability.
    edit: Because you can alter the length of the shapeshifting as well as use it when you're low on flux.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  10. Boufman

Boufman Black Hole Surfer

Man I would love to get into this RP, but my hatred for reading huge posts overcome me, plus the fact that I have exams coming up. I'll try my best to see what I can come up with something once them dumb exams are finished.

11. m0k0n4

m0k0n4 Ketchup Robot

I don't want this to go down, but I still don't have much of a character idea. Well, aside an immense drive to pop in a couple blatant Dark Souls references. Sigh.
    Also, @GravityFlux have you seen Ikenbeter's comments about your charasheet?

12. Ikbenbeter

I'm really busy atm (both the actual working busy and the being social busy) so I'll start @ calling people once I have some spare time again. I do have time to answer questions and write posts like this though, but no reading or writing applications. I already spoke to Gflux through the magic of steam, and he said he wanted to try again.
    Idk for character ideas. References are fine, as well. I usually do a personal brainstorm for most of my characters. Maybe try to be inspired by side characters from Dark Souls?

13. Berry Punch

Yeah! I mean I have a spell that's inspired from Bayonetta in my still-work-in-progress app.

14. Ikbenbeter

So I made my character and this signals my attempt to kickstart the rp.
    @GravityFlux @The Demon of Borders @walrusman72 @Berry Punch @m0k0n4 @guguy123 @Nintendo_Play @Shooshy162 @Catoosie @Arch-Mage Zandor @Boufman @ZilverZap
    if you're still interested in joining, please let me know. You are all the people that either claimed in the poll that they were interested or in the thread. Not replying is assumed to mean not interested, but if we're not full by then you may join in the future. Please reply soon though, I don't like maintaining this thread while no one is interested.

No one has been barred from entering, and I'm a firm believer in second chances. If you read the intro post and make a character who follows the guidelines you'll very likely get in. Even if I give/have given feedback on your app that doesn't mean you can't get in. I do have standards though, but they're not that hard to please :3.

Name:
    Aaren Steel

Appearance:
    (picture coming soontm)
    Aaren dresses in blue jeans like most people. He has a few nice white blouses he usually wears in combination with a black coat if the weather calls for it like Jack. His facial hair grows slow, making him unable to copy Jacks facial hair.

Weapon:
    Glaive
    [​IMG]
    Provides a high reach, but not as strong or easy to handle as a sword.

Role:
    Battlefield Manipulator: creates cover and shields, guides projectiles and relocates demons.

Personality:
    Aaren is usually relaxed, smilingly assessing the situation and looks at you as if he's fully paying attention to your every word if you talk to him, but is a bit of a dreamer on the inside and can be a tad forgetful or floaty. He is not really outgoing, usually content with sitting with the same group for years, but socially aware and has no trouble with other people or making friends. He is also trained in public speaking. On the other hand, he has trouble making a deeper bond with people because he is afraid to speak his mind. The truth is that he’s a copycat, copying the behavior of those he admires or those around him to fit in, afraid to show his own personality. Currently, he is copying Derek and Jack de Ripper. (MBTI: ESFP)
    He also has a sister, who shares his love for Demon Hunting but is not a Hunter. Their relationship is mostly unremarkable, like most of Aaren's. She is a little spoiled but has been brought up well. Aaren's parents work a lot but are always home since they work from home, but never really made a lot of contact with Aaren because everthing goes well.

Background:
    Born in the big city of New York, he lived in the city until age 15. He always was part of the popular group due to his go with the flow personality in both primary and secondary school but never formed a deep connection with anyone. When he moved to Calsin he had already had his first alcohol, cigarette and kiss (although the girl he kissed said they would call each other every day, they never really had anything and only called for the first few days). His parents both were hard working middle classers and they had come into a large amount of rented land when Aaren's uncle died without any family.

Upon arriving and after the new city kid craze had settled Aaren was more or less left alone; the class had already formed one tight group and no one knew how to handle an outsider. Aaren, easy as he was, befriended the nerds from the year above him because his parents owned a PlayStation and Aaren was behaving a lot like Ash from Pokémon. However, when during summer break he returned to his old friends they had already moved on a lot and were going to wild parties. In college, he got okay grades across the board and joined the popular group again like in his early days. However, he was unable to find a job after and had to return to his parents who offered him a position in the family office. Soon after, though, Demons began to appear. That's when Aaren met Derek Vincents.

Derek was a police officer already in his fifties and he was one of the few who got lucky and met a class F Demon in daylight. Derek beat the demon after a full half hour of brawling, wasting all his pistol magazines and had broken his left arm in the fight, but won and attained a spear of light. As the village's only Demon Hunter, Aaren was quite interested in this cool guy and hung out with him a lot. He talked with him during the day and stalked him during the night in the hope of his own Weapon. One night, a class E Demon set a trap and tried to lure Derek in it. Derek harmed the Demon badly with his magic but was accidentally trapped by it and would have died, but Aaren jumped in and beat the Demon with a big stick. The Demon, inches from death because of Derek, was beaten in a minute, granting Aaren his glaive.

Aaren quit his job and tried to join the agency, but Calsin didn't have a Demon trouble and after a few months Interpol stopped funding a second Hunter. Aaren, still not in money trouble, just stayed at the agency unpaid, hanging out with Derek and providing help to the occasional thread that arose.

Magic:
    Dark Magnet (dark): All demons, shadows and dark magic projectiles get sucked towards a single point. Doesn't work on heavy demons, including golems.
    Guidance (dark): Can be cast on a single large projectile or a group of smaller projectiles, before or after they're fired. The projectile will bend towards that point, although sharp turns cannot be made unless the target is going at a slow speed.
    Light Screen (light): Creates a circular shield of about 1.5m (5ft) radius that blocks everything except light magic. Slightly transparent. The shield can take some punishment before fading, but is not sharp. Creating it inside something destroys the part of the shield that is inside that. The shield can be moved.
    Spark Bomb (light): Summons a bomb that creates a temporary high-voltage field in a small area but takes a while to detonate. Can be picked up and flung, but can damage anyone.

What you might want to learn from this character:
    -By no means does your character need to be an established hero or have a complex (read: orphan) background to be deep.
    -Magic fits well with the battle role.
    -Personality has layers, and is reinforced by the background. For example, you might take away from this background that Aaren is actually quite lonely despite being surrounded by people.
    -Magic is balanced (high utility vs high damage).
    -I am a lazy bum when it comes to pictures (although I already found a picture for the glaive, but my current internet connection makes it hard to access :p).
    -It is spellchecked. By Word, obviously.
    -I will make approximately 48 edits until I'm relatively happy with it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  15. guguy123

guguy123 Pangalactic Porcupine

It seems that a large percentage of the RP subforum is too busy with exams to participate. Just give it time, once exams are over people will come flocking in like birds. Personally I just forgot about this entirely, and my character sheet seems to have disappeared so I'll have to start over.... I still intend to join this, just giving it time.

16. Oh, I was putting that I was interested in reading it more than I was in participating.

17. Arch-Mage Zandor

Arch-Mage Zandor Space Kumquat

I'll make a cs once I have the time, don't know how soon that will be or how long it will take me to finish though

18. Berry Punch

I already had the skeleton of mine laid out and a bit of flesh there, now to add more!

Yay! It's happening!

19. Ikbenbeter

Seeing how you had "just forgot about this entirely" like most people, I think calling everyone was a good idea.

20. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

I am still interested. While my schedule is a bit tight, I can definitively play at least a supporting role.