December 12th - Balance in all things!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Tuesday's Eyebrow

Tuesday's Eyebrow Phantasmal Quasar

He said that NPCs wear armor, not monsters, which are completely different entities in the games code, and monsters could one-shot most NPCs before, so now NPCs are balanced for monsters AND players. Assuming everything is of an equal tier, everything should die in a similar amount of hits. All this was pretty obvious from my perspective, but then, I have been confirmed to have more common sense than even the above average Joe, though, your statement does make me feel as though you might be hatin', but I never said I had particularly good intuition... So I could definitely be wrong.

2. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

Moreover, you already have the ability to mod trees. That's been an ability for ages. Trees are defined by asset files, as is most of the actual parts of the game that you think of as the "game" parts. So please stop spamming this.

3. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Whoo! This is gonna be FUN! :D
    Can't wait for combat with finesse - it seems like something that would be great.

Now all we need is rebalanced GRAPPLING HOOK combat...
    Or at least some advice on how to do that :rofl:

4. DukeOfRiven

DukeOfRiven Giant Laser Beams

I think he, like most of us, is just still really, really bitter about Spore.

5. RuinsFate

RuinsFate Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Question: Will this also reign in some of the high end of damage? Like being one-shotted by threat level 10 bosses, and the current tier transitions, which are pretty rough? Bringing the low end up is good, but if it's just an across the board increase, that will just exacerbate existing problems.

6. djtufa

djtufa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What is the purpose of this? Do you really want them cutting corners on a game you obviously care enough about to follow along with and post on their forums? If you want a mediocre game with an early delivery date, please go find your nearest triple A title and buy a couple copies for $60 a pop.

mewfan151 and Blake81 like this.
  7. Dumsquirrel

Dumsquirrel Void-Bound Voyager

So if you have more common sense than the above-average person, it isn't really "common" sense anymore then, is it?

8. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Playing with the nightlies, I realized that the gardening tool is gone and you have to rely on hunting and collecting food. Now I found we can craft a bug net - and I wonder, if Bear Grylls is somehow involved in the programming of the food for our heroes?

9. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Heh, I see whatcha did there!
    :iswydt:
    If you hover over the smiley, you'll see that it abbrieviates that.
    Iswydt
    The legitness is strong with this one

roadrashh likes this.
  10. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

Ooo… This sounds fun.

11. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

Gardening tool is still there. The anvil IS an odd place to craft it though.

12. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Were swords used intentionally? "Ranged sniping" implies not being close enough for melee.. you should have time to create distance. If you're forced to use melee weapons while sniping then rifles may need a buff.

Whiie likes this.
  13. Kurozaiaku

Kurozaiaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

You're a fellow brit, aren't you?

14. guyverlord

guyverlord Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

15. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

thats great... can we has update yet

Pingeh likes this.
  16. Yamachin

Yamachin Void-Bound Voyager

cant even turn it on

17. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

18. skydart

skydart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No, I am from Germany - thus always having some adventure, when making rhymes in English. ;)

19. Whale Cancer

Whale Cancer Big Damn Hero

This man has his priorities straight.

20. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I think he means, like let those generated Fleshy trees drop Unrefined Fleshy Logs, or if we encountered Palm Trees, let it drop Unrefined Palm Logs, then later on, we can come up with more types of wood planks. It's not gonna be always the generic Unrefined Wood.

Please reply @OmnipotentEntity & @Armagon ...

If we're enlightened about this, therefore I can do something more for my BuildEx mod, alongside Drac's rock variation mods!

Heartstrings likes this.