1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear devs and the impatient.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ienzo, Sep 25, 2013.

?

Are you sorry?

1. Yes.

5.3%
  2. No.

21.1%
  3. I was always patient. Give me a hug! <3

73.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ienzo

Ienzo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Devs, don't worry about people getting mad, they'll stop being mad if you release a great game, but if you release a rushed game it'll only get worse. Just stay calm and keep doing your best. The community's excitement has got them impatient, try to ignore their outbursts of selfishness.
    And impatient people, calm the heck down, they're not going to release any faster because you're getting mad, in fact the stress will slow them down.

2. Yanazake

Yanazake Space Kumquat

This kind of doesn't work. Most of the impatient ones are only checking the news part of the forum xD

3. MrLevi

MrLevi Phantasmal Quasar

We are getting almost more of these "Dear dev's don't worry" threads than the "Where's my beta and updates" threads lately. X3

Ienzo, Karamunin, WoxandWarf and 6 others like this.

4. It goes back and forth. White Knights want to pat the mods on the back while the Black Knights want their damn beta already.

I am no Ser.

5. mxpsych

mxpsych Subatomic Cosmonaut

At some point people will learn that "Hey devs, ignore those a-holes!" is almost as harmful as "WUT U SPEND UR MONY ON DEV?"

The latter creates animosity and can rile people up which can inevitably cause CF to lose fans.

The former puts the OP in a role of moral superiority to those voicing their frustration toward the devs. Inevitably this can also cause CF to lose fans, because you've insulted someone who is already frustrated and they just left.

The moral of my story? Just say "Hey Devs, good job! I support you!" and leave out this parental conversation with the rest of the fans about remaining calm. (Most) of them are probably adults who don't need you to condescend to them.

Colton, Karamunin, Jonesy and 10 others like this.

6. Sums it up quite nicely. By taking a side your pissing off the other side and inciting flame wars. Just search for an already made dev appreciation thread and post your thanks there, don't worry, just cause it's not in it own nicely wrapped thread doesn't mean they won't see it.

7. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

Definitely this.
    And now i don't know what to add.
    Potato.

mxpsych likes this.
  8. misho

misho Big Damn Hero

that's because most of us unhappy people have given up and are waiting for Dec to see what happens.

9. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

You fool, you have summoned Juice Box now.

Zoolot likes this.
  10. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

This cannot be spoken better.

11. Vanishing

Is that potato a reference to.....

12. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

I need that hug. I demand it

Zoolot and Wulpher like this.
  13. Vanishing

Is my hug worthy?
    *hug* if you think so.

Symphony likes this.
  14. sankto

sankto Pangalactic Porcupine

*hugs*
    *pickpocket*

15. Symphony

Symphony Giant Laser Beams

All hugs are worthy, I am the master hug whore.

Jokes on you my pockets are full of lint and shame

sankto likes this.
  16. Vanishing

Did you find that usb stick in the pocket that has starbound beta?

17. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

There are already several topis like this, locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.