OOC Danvers&Fernald's world of Entertainment [ Applications closed ]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Arra, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Captain Kane

Captain Kane The Waste of Time

I wasn't exactly being serious but k.

Arra and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

I'm never good with sarcasm... :p
    But just saying, don't expect Sko to stay dead long if he's offed. He and his brothers will very much want the angel. Female illithid are very few (Countable on your fingers)And only one of them exists in each galactic system.

Arra likes this.
  3. Captain Kane

So I guess only ten galactic systems exist then.

Kaiachi, Jareix Cryvix and Arra like this.
  4. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Savage

Kaiachi, Jareix Cryvix and Arra like this.
  5. Jareix Cryvix

Or there's just not enough women for the illithid...

Arra likes this.
  6. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

To be honest, I'm probably not going to make a new char. I'm gonna give you my opinion about this RP. Sorry if I offend you.

You are basically god modding. Beside the obvious unfairness of that, a GM is supposed to keep the flow of the RP and let the players influence it. There's really nothing for the chars to do except follow the ringleader's orders (you moved Cass because she was a bit farther from others than you wanted). Thus the characters need to be the kind that would follow his orders, further limiting the players' options.
    Yes I threw my char into quite a hole, but you gave her zero chace to dig herself out. Could she have dodged or attacked the ringleader? Should logically be possible, but apparently no. That leaves persuasion. Oh wait he's ruthless.
    I may sound pissed, and I kinda am, but it doesn't effect my judgement that much.

Arra likes this.
  7. Captain Kane

A player complaining the GM is "godmodding". I think I've seen it all now. Remember the post you made right after your IC post that put you in this position? I do.
    You KNEW that the course of action you took would cause Cass' death. Yet you went along with it anyways. And NOW you're complaining about it. Seriously?

Do you have any idea how much Cass' decision reeked of illogical, cliched anime? Why the hell is your character attacking Ringleader for harming an individual that SHE IS SUPPOSED TO KILL? Sibohan SLAPPED the Ringleader, and then Cass threatened to end his life. Your complaining is like if Katniss assaulted President Snow in the middle of the street while he was still in power, THEN having Katniss acting confused as to why she's getting pumped full of lead.

You had your chance to attack the Ringleader, but you wasted your post simply THREATENING him. Yet you wail that you had no chance. Of course such a clearly psychotic individual like him is going to respond to a death threat with violence. What the fuck did you even expect?

I'd like to point of the irony of saying "sorry if I offend you" right before venting your angry irrational thoughts at the same person you're apologizing to.

In the end, it all comes down to this:

You made your character do stupid shit, and you got punished for it. The person at fault here is you, not Arra.

8. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

GMs and players work together to create a story. Yes the GMs have more power, but they also have responsibility to maintain everyones enjoyement and the flow of the game. The ringleader had too much power that served no real reason so I'd call that godmodding. He can react to multiple things at once like he did when he undoed everyones binding, he's undodgable, impossibly strong and pretty much has everyone licking his boots.

I don't make my chars do things that are strategically the most logical. That was what she would do in that situation. She has or had (depends on if I use her in some other RP) strong morals, hates bossy people and is easily angered. She was also full of people feeling indifferent towards violence, so that didn't help. She didn't try to kill him. She spoke against him and defended Sibohan. You can't really compare President Snow and Katniss to them. Two people fighting against each other with similar supernatural powers should be at atleast somewhat even odds. I'm not angry bacause of all that lead to that situation, but because that situation was made unfair but because the OPnes of the Ringleader made it possible.

I chose my wording because I was angry, but my meaning was to point out things that I personally saw as flaws.

Arra likes this.
  9. Jareix Cryvix

It depends on the kind of roleplay really. In most of the ones one finds online nowadays are the aforementioned story based ones. This one however, is a classic style rpg like DnD, but with less depth. It's in cases like this where, since characters aren't really something you aren't meant to get attached to and are easily replaced, where the DM/GM can have absolute power. You died? Get another char and try again. Learn from your mistakes and do it better next time. I suppose this would be considered a roguelike roleplay. Knowledge is power, and you do things based on what you know of your situations.

I suppose the unfair brutality is one of the reasons people dislike roguelikes. But at least here you can easily jump in where you left off. Just with a different character.

Arra and MilkCalf like this.
  10. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

From what small ammounts I know about DnD the GM rarely has a charracter of their own. Thanks for pointing this out. I wish there was a trend for telling what kind of an RP something is.

Arra likes this.
  11. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Well.... This is really all on me. This RP isn't supposed to be fair..... Think Dark Souls esque with a hint of " OH COME THE **** ON! REALLY MAN! "

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  12. Jareix Cryvix

Typically it can be judged by the story line. If it's something like "a great evil, great adventure, blah blah blah" it's probably story driven and the GM will work to make things interesting.
    If it's more vague like "planet to explore, dungeons to raid, etc." it's probably a classic dungeon crawler style roleplay.

And if it's something like "arena of death, tower battle, trial of hells" you can expect it to be more like this.
    Though @Arra, you may want to put a warning on your OP. You got lucky this incident wasn't any worse than it is... Unlike my first... Incident... *coughuntoldbetrayalcough*

Kaiachi, Arra and MilkCalf like this.
  13. Jareix Cryvix

I was thinking more "starbound meets the running man"

Arra likes this.
  14. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Okay. I have nothing agains that. Must just not be my cup of tea.

Arra likes this.
  15. Jareix Cryvix

If you don't like roguelikes, you won't like this. Maybe. Idk. But as I said. At least you can hurl characters at the wall until it breaks...

Arra likes this.
  16. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Four words that will save your lives.

" Don't. F***. With. Ringleader. "

17. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Heeeeeres Ringleader!

Ringleader.JPG

Sorry for the shoddy artwork...tried to draw him....

Jareix Cryvix and HunterC1998 like this.
  18. Cyber-Toast

Cyber-Toast Big Damn Hero

Oops, it's been a while that I didn't writed a post in the RP... I don't see alerts of the RP and the OOC anymore (I don't know why) so I thought nothing was happening --'

By the way, I am leaving tomorrow and I don't know if I will have any connection to go on the forums, I will try but don't expect any post.

Arra likes this.
  19. Captain Kane

Hey mate the alert thing isn't your fault. This whole website is built by incompetents.

Kaiachi, Cyber-Toast and Arra like this.
  20. Arra

Arra The End of Time

That has caused me to miss 10+pages in RP's at times

Cyber-Toast likes this.