Daily Updates

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donkeyjones

donkeyjones Void-Bound Voyager

I believe he clarifies this in his initial post.

"I recently moved into a new apartment and I won't have a real internet connection until the 24th. I've been trying to post over a 3g tether but it's pretty much a waste of time, with the posts I write timing out and being lost."

tassina, sonofxavenger and Diagnosan like this.
  2. Why would he lie?
    Sure, people lie all the time, but seriously, what is the REASON for lying here? What does he gain by not posting updates?
    30 or so minutes of time? What does he gain by posting one? Normally, a lot of happy people, forum activity, etc.

And what does he lose by not posting an update? Well, you're the perfect example of that.

tassina and Shalderave like this.
  3. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

Ok Tiy I guess we can forgive you for real life things, but this is the LAST time! :rofl:

sonofxavenger likes this.
  4. Chafoux

Chafoux Title Not Found

5. zibbity

zibbity Void-Bound Voyager

Well, that sucks. Hope you don't go too nuts while you don't have internets. :p

6. Killera

Killera Phantasmal Quasar

I know I'll sound like an as**ole right now but: Don't try just do.

Oh and anyway thank you for the info. We really appreciate

7. Johan

Johan Phantasmal Quasar

Oh!, a very mature answer... "congratulations"

RynCage likes this.
  8. riseoflegends

riseoflegends Subatomic Cosmonaut

The daily updates contain images, video, and various bits of HTML, which are a pain to preview in word. I have a hard enough time making normal forum posts on my phone because it keeps timing out and erasing my progress.

And it seems some people around here are unaware of the sheer amount of work that goes into moving. Your life does not depend on getting these daily updates, so you can have a little common courtesy and wait a couple days until Tiy's affairs are in order.

9. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

You're right.

(I'll let you work out what part of your post is right.)

Killera likes this.
  10. Killera

I know, I know... It's just that I'm stressed because it's the third day without the update and you know... I am sorry... T_T *goes to the corner* *cries*

sonofxavenger likes this.
  11. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

*witty yet disturbing remark that touches the very foundation of your dark supposedly non-existent soul*

jk i love you

12. cwolf042

cwolf042 Pangalactic Porcupine

Not just the beta, by original estimate. Plenty of posts, writing and statements of Starbound will be released in 2013.

Not concerned with either way, just pointing out that statements that only address one thing or another will be analyzed, dissected, pulled apart, and the viscera will be served up on a platter for the forum crows to pick at.

13. Fun fact: In the summer of 2012, about a week could go by without ANY info on the game. Not even a tweet.

sonofxavenger and Sarzael like this.
  14. Killera

Hahaa. Someone actually read it :D

Stedms, tassina and sonofxavenger like this.
  15. Hatesu

Hatesu Void-Bound Voyager

We still love you, keep up the awesome work.

16. Iphis

Iphis 2.7182818284590...

He just wanted to warn you why the updates where late and all he got it's being flamed :(
    Poor Tiy ...
    I hope you can still work on starbound even without internet ^^
    And i wish you good luck for the rest !

tassina likes this.
  17. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Yikes...

RynCage likes this.
  18. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

You people live to much, become hermits and ruin your social lives. We need Starbound now!!! :fireball: -> :geek: -> :p -> j/k

19. Sower

Sower Big Damn Hero

An update about the the lack of updates for the next few days... I can think of at least several people who will not take this news stoically.

tassina, sonofxavenger and Diagnosan like this.
  20. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

And these same people stamp their foot and whine and bitch how there's not enough communication. Tiy had no obligation to post anything. He could have left the frothing masses to boil in their own panic and restlessness. And what does he get when he actually bothers to update people. People call him a liar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.