Daily Updates

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanishing

Vanishing Zero Gravity Genie

I think he might be renaming starbound to that, since he likes it that much.

2. AhmNee

AhmNee Big Damn Hero

I hate when internet forms time out and I lose the novel length post I was writing. A while back I found a plugin, for Firefox at least, called Lazarus that will recover a form for you if something like that happens. It's saved me SO much headaches it's become one of my 'must have' plugins when I set up a new PC.

My GF and I have picked up a four pack, we read the daily updates and salivate as we anticipate the upcoming beta. When there isn't an update, we say "Aww" to each other, stick out our lips for a moment. And then we get back to living our lives. So put us in with the group opposite the obnoxious, entitled children that want to stomp their feet that there's no specific release date, and that you have a life yourself you need to live outside of developing the game. We love the daily updates but we don't 'expect' them.

We don't post on the forums often or at all because we understand we've bought into a project, not a purchased a simple product. Still, we're out here and we're behind you all the way. Eager but patiently waiting.

3. marchello35

marchello35 Big Damn Hero

Lol so for not care anything you sure put a lot of effort in it, you are a very good person :p
    No worries, there is always people that complain whatever is the situation, There is so much things to do I just patientlly wait :)

Have a nice day

4. Cassavyr

Cassavyr Pangalactic Porcupine

Not in the least

tassina, -Tio-, Silican Beat and 3 others like this.
  5. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

This is sad day. But the important thing is that Starbound development is more important than blog posts. c:

sonofxavenger likes this.
  6. Mikerlantz

Mikerlantz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, as long as I know whats up, I'm happy, even if its just to say why the updates have been lagging. =] I appreciate it Tiy

7. Zyloss

Zyloss Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well said my friend, well said. :)

tassina likes this.
  8. Mikerlantz

Herpa Derpa

tassina likes this.
  9. Zyloss

Herpa Derpa. :laugh:

tassina and Mikerlantz like this.
  10. Mikerlantz

Don't wanna start a spam thread, but

Herpa Derpa

tassina and sonofxavenger like this.
  11. Zyloss

:p

12. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Most ISP's do not allow you to reuse the router from your old address. They have to supply you with a new one. Then there's a wait to be reconnected, then there's the first few possible baby teething days of internet (especially so with Sky and BT)

Company policy of the ISP in question.

Welcome to the UK.

13. ffinn99

ffinn99 Void-Bound Voyager

14. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would almost prefer more infrequent updates with more substance and fewer spoiler warnings. It'd give you guys more time to work on the game and give us more to talk about each week.

sonofxavenger likes this.
  15. samufel

samufel Subatomic Cosmonaut

From urban dictionnary:

1. Herpaderpa:

''The female version of Herpaderp. When one's herpaderps overtake female genitalia.
    I shouldn't have hooked up with that bartender. Now I'm a Herpaderpa.''

I must have missed something....

16. Blackchibisan

Blackchibisan Star Wrangler

I thought I would Reply to this in the only way I know how... Enjoy.

17. ShadetheDruid

ShadetheDruid Pangalactic Porcupine

Surprised Tiy can even manage to post an update, if I had no proper internet i'd be in the corner in the fetal position, slowly rocking backwards and forwards. :( Though you'll have better internet than I do, so it's probably worth the wait. :D

tassina and Blackchibisan like this.
  18. Scellow

Scellow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ehhh 0o

You don't need internet to write things, don't you know Notepad or Word ?

Please don't start to lie ..

19. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Writing a post means formatting, html, uploading images, videos. Not to mention how badly wordpress handles a bunch of this stuff.

tassina, Ignis, Silican Beat and 2 others like this.
  20. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

And how do you expect him to get it to us on the site?

Brass buttons?

tassina, -Tio- and ernestopresto like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.