Daily Updates

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Haha, the comment is literally asking me to set up expectations..

2. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

be patient people.

sonofxavenger and Chafoux like this.
  3. RynCage

RynCage 3.1415926535897...

Is the expectation he wants you to set unreasonable for a customer?
    Would it be that hard to say December?
    Do you think he would be upset if you gave him his product before that estimation?
    Id figure a large sum of the "whens beta" would find something else to do if you threw them a bone. Untill then, all they have to cling too is "daily updates"

4. Hadies237

Hadies237 Title Not Found

In a not so out right way:mspaint:

5. Minnigin

Minnigin Phantasmal Quasar

S'all good brother, no worries

6. Tiy

I've said this year, I prefer to be honest and say that outside of that an estimation would be too much of a guess.

Not to mention that we didn't take anyone's money before making it clear that beta release would be some time in 2013, and it will be.

I'm not going to apologise for the schedule anymore, this is a hugely ambitious project and hugely ambitious projects have setbacks, delays and unpredictable time lines. That's just the way it is.
    So what do you want, ambition? Or would you prefer a soulless, uninspired retread that's delivered precisely on time?

Skarn, Drone501, Okari and 37 others like this.
  7. Chafoux

Chafoux Title Not Found

24 is my birthday, I would send positive vibes :yoda:

tassina likes this.
  8. Mercury Gilado

Mercury Gilado Existential Complex

This was a moving update. It was, don't you think?

NixeonLow likes this.
  9. Hadies237

Hadies237 Title Not Found

I'd prefure to get the game we have all been reading about and following, the impossible is possible but miracles take a bit longer.... lol ja i think that's how it started out

10. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Best of luck on your move Tiy!

Apparantly "This year" isn't a date to some people..

Best of luck on your move Tiy!
    I take it with the move, your having internet installed in your new apartment? :)
    The wait for those can be agonising. Sky are especially bad for this in my area of the UK. :(

tassina, sonofxavenger and Miles like this.
  11. Tiy

Yeah BT :( at least it's going to be fibre!

syndoflame and Sarzael like this.
  12. RynCage

you already set a timeframe and your product will be delivered "precisely on time"(this year), But that's splitting hairs.
    How vague you want to be with your release date, and lack of confidence in giving a timeframe any more specific is all well and good. Sure you don't want to say X month and have it be missed due to the nature of the process.

None of this really matters to me and I don't care one way or the other. I just cringed at the fact you responded to forum rabble in such a way.
    It didn't merit one, Let alone what it actually got.

AncientCreator and Vanishing like this.
  13. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

...You realise how little sense that makes, when he's said it will be this year, don't you? :whistle:

14. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Were you hit on the head with a hammer recently? xD
    I say that because BT here in Nottingham is GAWDAWEFUL.

For 7 months everytime I picked up my house phone (Which rings alot being self employed) My internet would eradicate itself off the face of the planet which forced me to restart the router.. :( Hence why I'm with Virgin through and through now 8D

Well, if the 24th comes, I'l understand if there is no Update, British Telecoms failed you. :p
    Best of luck!

15. clingbeetle

clingbeetle Industrial Terraformer

16. RynCage

an example, if you will. would you want someone to say ill do somthing today, Or ill do it in 23 hours?
    Today could mean anypoint between start and finish. This brings people to check in and out periodically to see if what was said has been done yet.
    23 hours leaves your expectations at the door until the time of arrival.

17. Filipfonky

Filipfonky Cosmic Narwhal

Starbound confirmed for coming out after Half Life 12 Episode 300.

DudeUA, hailsatyr and RynCage like this.
  18. llamunkapus

llamunkapus Tentacle Wrangler

There are some people who don't care when the beta is released, and we'd rather have a semi-solid game to play when it appears. So do what you must Tiy, the population is set 99% how I am, 1% pushing beta no matter how harsh they have to be. The 1% is just more outspoken. Hope your move goes well! :)

sonofxavenger and Archilai like this.
  19. RynCage

Ha.

20. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I need daily updates to assure myself that Starbound will come. I'm suffering from withdrawal, here.
    *Slits wrists*

sonofxavenger likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.