1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom Vehicles?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ExplorerRowan, Feb 4, 2017.

1. ExplorerRowan

ExplorerRowan Aquatic Astronaut

Most of the reason I'm poking around the forum is because I'm really curious about one particular thing: player-built vehicles. Like, if I want to build a steampunk zeppelin out of blocks on a planet, I'd love to stick some sort of engine on it and make it go. I haven't really been part of this community long, certainly not during beta (which most of the people in this community seem to view as some kind of golden age), so I have no idea if the game engine can even do that. Is that something planned? Or something somebody has done with a mod? If anyone knows of a mod that can do this, please let me know.

I'm currently building a recreation of a 15th century Venetian trading carrack, and I'd love to be able to sail it.

Edit: I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, so I won't be offended if someone just point me in the direction of a relevant thread.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Ive not seen it asked before.

No, this isn't possible, though.

3. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Sadly, the most that could be done would be adding "vehicle parts" that would have to be placed in order to create vehicles, and, even then, that would be rather limited and may not even be possible to do it beyond making custom variants of existing vehicles.

T0ASTY likes this.
  4. @ndy

@ndy Subatomic Cosmonaut

they are currently only adding mecha as you know, albeit that wont really get what you want
    however dont forget there are modders out there, all you have to hope fr is that there is a really good one out there....

5. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm wondering if we can do something with the rail platform? Make a 3x version larger of rail platform and make it possible to build on top of it perhaps (this one might be the more difficult stuff)...

6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, hopefully the new cable car they're adding can be hacked into allowing something like this. You'd have to rebuilt it per planet, though.

xaliber likes this.