1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Custom spaceships?!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Human_Supremacist, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Human_Supremacist

Human_Supremacist Intergalactic Tourist

Will there ever be a way to customize the ships not like building them block for block but if we could move 'modules' (i coin that) the little rooms in starships to make better looking designs because currently they kinda look dumb and different races would have more than six different classes of ships if you were able to move modules around then there would be more variety, it will help when ship battles happen, and it would help people who want different things out of their ship.

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

I would love to see room upgrades like in FTL
    In FTL you can buy for lots of scrap (money) rooms what swap with empty rooms to make them special
    For example you have 3 empty rooms and you buy a Cloak System Upgrade and random empty room will be turned into that system, no matter which room, bigger or smaller
    The most awesome thing would adding last ship upgrade that makes your ship be able to come down to the planet and fly it like a normal vehicule, even more awesome with both, even even more awesome with mods, even even even more awesome when you add gun ships to the game

Axl4325 likes this.
  3. Human_Supremacist

Human_Supremacist Intergalactic Tourist

That would also be a great addition there is so much potential for the spaceship aspect of the game that absent been harnessed

4. Mike1Bagong

Mike1Bagong Astral Cartographer

Well.. I guess you could modify the body if you know how to do mods.

5. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I'd like more ship customizability (the modular system you describe is exactly what I've wanted for a while) just because the standard ship layouts make it very difficult to make a ship that looks halfway livable (i.e. has normal facilities layed out in a halfway reasonable way, plus things needed for actual gameplay).