Modding Help Custom Ship Pets

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by shadowd15, Apr 23, 2015.

1. shadowd15

shadowd15 Pangalactic Porcupine

So I wanted to make a custom ship pet for my custom race. I think I've got the idea down (lovebugs!!), and I have an idea of how to do it; however, I can't seem to find the "anchor file" location in the directory. This is probably a stupid question, but can someone tell me where to find the species tech stations, and what to change in my ship's files to ensure that my ship spawns the right ship pet?

Additionally, a concept for a mod: one that let you decide what ship pet you spawned when you rebooted SAIL for the first time. No idea how that'd work, but it'd be cool, if anyone wants to try it or help me try it.

2. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Starbound\win64\Assets\monsters\pets

Then look at the mod @xxswatelitexx posted (I think today), you can find everything else you need in there (I guess, at least)

Oh and: Starbound\win64\Assets\objects\ship\aviantechstationtier0 for the race techstations.

3. shadowd15

What I mean is like
    The file says that the "anchor" is the ship's tech station, which I take to mean SAIL, right? Currently, my race mod is using the human SAIL and ship, so it spawns the cat. How would I change the anchor so that it spawned the custom pet instead of the cat, but only for the custom race, and not humans? Where's the file I have to rename for that? I've been looking for a while now and I just can't seem to find it.

4. Kayuko

Kayuko Oxygen Tank

Look above, plus, I heard Starbound\win64\Assets\objects\ship\apexshiplockertier0 influences some of the starting variables too, like the blinking "E" above the techstation, might help a bit, too.

5. shadowd15

Ahh. Thanks.

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Inside the tech station object file you will see a line ship pet type
    change that to what ever you want

7. shadowd15

Ye, I figured it out. Thank you both for your help! :)

8. Firesnake512

Firesnake512 Void-Bound Voyager

lel i post this for nothing

9. shadowd15

How'd you even find this thread? It's like two years old.

10. Firesnake512

Firesnake512 Void-Bound Voyager

I was looking to make a ship pet for my mod