1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PinkSide

PinkSide Space Spelunker

So, if I'll upgrade to 10.9, Starbound will work?

2. Mizukurai

Mizukurai Poptop Tamer

In the System requirements in steam it says for the Mac OS to be 10.8.0 or later. So I am assuming it would work if you upgraded, but I would still do some research if I were you just to make sure :)

3. ReMark

ReMark Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a similar problem. The launcher still responds, but the game does not actually pop up.

I'll check back in a bit, see if I find a way to solve this. My guess is that it's a mod, at least for me.

EDIT (12-9-13) : I have managed to "FIX" my issue, but now it freezes at the loading screen. I'll see if I can fix this.

issue - Admin mode (Straight after turned it off, still didn't work, did a clean install)

Admin mode, however, does not seem to actually "affect" it after, as I just ran it back on with admin mode checked.
    I'll get back to this and see if the install changed any files around.

EDIT: Freetype6.dll is "Missing". Unsure what this means, and the only help I received was "Try reinstalling". Sadly, that should not happen with a fresh install. Let me check some of my other .dll files, and see if it is something that only happened to my client.

EDIT2: Finished reinstalling the game, undid the admin box, and I VERIFIED the cache of the game. This ensured a clean install. My Treasure folder was corrupt for some reason, though I can more attribute that to myself than steam, even without knowing what happened.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  4. Credey

Credey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm having this problem, too, but nobody knows what it is. I hope it gets fixed.

5. goldenbean

goldenbean Void-Bound Voyager

i just bought it got my steam key install it but it keeps getting corrupted now my secondary hard drive is corrupted

6. ReMark

I am guessing you don't have any mods installed or anything that modifies the .config files? If you do, just make sure to check them for any inconsistencies.

Ex: Making sure they are in the correct format, making sure the lines of code are properly placed, etc.

7. goldenbean

no mods i dont like to do that i like to check the game before adding mods

edit is was my games hard drive install it on my c drive and it works fine

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  8. asiansensation7783

asiansensation7783 Space Hobo

9. ReMark

That's weird. I don't know how the drive could get corrupted though. That sounds more like a virus.:geek:. Run a virus check, uninstall the game (Save the PLAYERS folder in the main directory, it has your stuff and your worlds!)
    and see what happens. After that, try a clean install. Sadly, that's all I can offer with what I know. q.q

Edit: make sure to verify the game's cache as well, afterwards, it takes some time, but not a lot and will ensure everything is properly placed. This will remove any custom content, though you said you had none, so it shouldn't be an issue.

10. goldenbean

11. Boognyte

Boognyte Void-Bound Voyager

Hi guys.......I can run bf4 on high with 60fps. Y can't I play this game with out it seeming like I'm stuck in the matrix.. I'm running duel 6970s. 16g of ram and a amd 8 core processor. Is there a problem on my end? If so is there anything I can do so I can improve my fps? I been watching YouTube post and they all seem to have no problems with fps. Please help because I been really enjoying playing starbound in slow Mo. So I could imagine the fun I'll be having if I get this fixed.

12. goldenbean

open gl could be a issue if u have evga cards

13. Miskatonic

Miskatonic Space Hobo

I have big problems trying to run this game since the start of the beta.

I've tried the fixes suggested by official sources and have found nothing really makes any difference.

I have an ATI card (not nvidia, which seem to have already been marked as problematic) and, like others, can run other modern titles with no problems.

I appreciate that this is a beta, of course, but there doesn't seem to be being much made of these issues so far. Dunno, perhaps there's a mega-fix just around the corner, though :)

I would really just like to be able to play the game, I seem to be getting about 1/2 the framerate I should and at times it drops to around 0-1 fps (especially with a few things onscreen BUT this needn't be the case, the screen could be empty)

Just to confirm, I've tried:

Re-installing
    Verifying (through steam)
    Changing the opengl version of the exe over to the main exe
    Tried running both exe files as admin

Like I said, I appreciate it's a beta but it surely can't be meant to be like this (clearly not, judging from youtube videos of the game) so this would be a good thing to fix. It seems to, effectively, be keeping a lot of people out of the beta :-(

14. goldenbean

huh i got a 3 core cpu amd a xfx hd 6750 1gb and 4gb or ram and i play this fine windows 7 32 bit btw

try updating ur drivers or just see if u have notting in the background running and check again cause i got a crappy pc and ur is better it.may be the game since is not optimize yet

15. fanuneza

fanuneza Poptop Tamer

Dude, it's a game still in development. If you wanted a fully working game, then you should have waited until the stable release.

TheRexion likes this.
  16. MountainTitsLover

MountainTitsLover Space Hobo

I have an issue with trees. They... stoped moving ._. They don't have animation. I know it sounds wierd, but i remember that they had a swaying animation. Thanks for attention

17. MountainTitsLover

MountainTitsLover Space Hobo

I found anther bag, that wooden support doesn't work, i mean you can't place it anywhere. Thanks for attention

18. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Report the bugs in the GENERAL BUG REPORTS thread.

Also, the new update didn't fix anything for me. My friend who couldn't run the game on XP can now run it just fine, but I keep crashing (on Windows 7) every time I do something such as starting up, changing planet, going to planet etc. . It's incredibly frustrating, please tell me there's a workaround because those didn't work.

19. Spudz0r

Spudz0r Void-Bound Voyager

Windows 7 (both 32 and 64 bit) users.

I have a workaround for some of the access violation / runtime errors people are getting. (confirmed fix working in another thread).

install the Visual C++ 2012 Runtime Library from the following link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667
    First one up the top for those who cant be bothered looking.

If this helps more people all the better.
    Its harmless to your system to install these libraries so it is worth a shot for those of you having the issue.

edit: sigh, nvm.. it didnt seem to fix for them. still, keeping the libraries up to date is a good idea.

20. Fizzy Amp

Fizzy Amp Void-Bound Voyager

There is no "multicore optimization" option in the setting, but i do see "threaded optimization"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.