1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thetis101

Thetis101 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah Ive enabled admin for the launcher aswell nothing the only solution i found was that quote one.

2. Muffinsforever

Muffinsforever Void-Bound Voyager

I enabled admin in all versions of the game, every penguin you can find in the file, launcher and win32.

Thetis101 likes this.
  3. Kitty Kat.

Kitty Kat. Void-Bound Voyager

I have windows 7 ultimate, and have been stuck at the launcher for 4 hours now.
    I'm a tad angry, I've tried everything here and about five other methods. FIX ME PLEASE.
    (I Repetitively Pressed The Launch Starbound Button.)

4. Muffinsforever

Muffinsforever Void-Bound Voyager

ctrl alt delete and check processes and see if any games are running.

Also, make sure that admin access was given to the launcher NOT the game, the game does not open if the launcher doesn't have admin access and the game does.

Kitty Kat. likes this.
  5. Bloody<3

Bloody<3 Big Damn Hero

well on the store page it also tells this

• Minimum:
      • Processor: Core 2 Duo
      • Memory: 2 GB RAM
      • Graphics: 256 MB graphics memory and directx 9.0c compatible gpu
      • DirectX: Version 9.0c
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

• Recommended:
      • Processor: Core i3
      • Memory: 4 GB RAM
      • Graphics: Discrete GPU capable of directx 9.0c
      • DirectX: Version 9.0c
      • Network: Broadband Internet connection
      • Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
    but its on too low fps running (45-15 fps when in dungeon village or near ligth sources) even though i have much better hardware
    AMD phenom 2 X4 3.4Ghz
    8Gb DDR3 Ram
    GTX 560 TI OC
    i think i should have 60 fps smoothly with it
    but i know its not optimized even though i hope it will get fixed soon

6. df-winter

df-winter Space Hobo

THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU ARE GOD YOU SOLVED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS I WORSHIP YOU

7. spq06s

spq06s Space Hobo

I can help start the game, create a character and press play, nintendo screen and the game crashes cho do

8. prottozz

prottozz Void-Bound Voyager

crash on startup.

Attached Files:

9. PyroBlitz

PyroBlitz Space Hobo

Yep, that's what i got.

10. tlozada

tlozada Space Hobo

I have a problem that hasn't been mentioned much. The error looks like this. I tried multiple things suggested by the forums, only one of the brought up a new error. The suggestion stated that I should copy the Libeay32.dll to the /starbound/win32/launcher folder from the /starbound/win32 folder.

I was able to produce a log once, but since then I have deleted/uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I believed it said, "Preparing Star::Root..." and that's it.

If anyone could bring insight to this problem please let me know! :D

Here is a paste bin with my DxDiag: http://pastebin.com/hwc13zne. If you scroll down you will see that I have some errors(The walking dead and Starbound).

11. rammur

rammur Aquatic Astronaut

I really dont even wanna see these bandaids i figure the game a beta build and it problably gonna see a few dozen patches till its ready for release so chances are they will fix something along the way.All i wanna see is a official response on the fps issue some are having :D

12. Swissius

Swissius Void-Bound Voyager

it's a newer mac, but thank you so much for the offer. :D

13. RaginWalrus

RaginWalrus Master Chief

Same with me

14. jalopi

jalopi Yeah, You!

I've tried everything in this thread to get this game working on XP.... still getting access violation errors. Any word on when the XP fix is coming out?

15. tonythetiger1

tonythetiger1 Yeah, You!

If you're running Online Armor, turn it off then try starting the game.

16. t1mzz

t1mzz Space Hobo

Hey guys,

i found a solution which helped me to fix the FPS issue (for nvidia gfx users) and even the weird "Access violation Error [...]".
    First of all I'm running my PC with Windows 7 x64. So it only may help people with this OS.
    All you have to do is open your Windows registry via pressing the Windows key + R, type "regedit" in there and click on okay.
    After you did that you have to navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers
    If you are on this you have to delete the Steam.exe entry.
    This was the first step, let's check the secound now. ;)
    Go to the Starbound folder where you can find the starbound.exe and starbound_opengl.exe, remove the starbound.exe (make a backup of the starbound.exe before ur removing it) ant then rename the starbound_opengl.exe to starbound.exe... Right click now on both (starbound.exe and launcher.exe) and remove the property to run it as an administrator.
    If youd id this we are coming to the final step:
    Open your nvidia Control Panel and deactive the thread optimization!
    That's it :)

best regards,

t1mzz :p

17. Barbossa

Barbossa Cosmic Narwhal

I think they mean multi-thread optimization.

18. Sinnbound

Sinnbound Astral Cartographer

Doing the OpenGL thing helped me, thanks :)

19. bernie99

bernie99 Void-Bound Voyager

I Can Start Up The Launcher Perfectly Fine But When I Click On "Launch Starbound" Nothing Happen. Nothing At All. Ive Re Installed, Deleted All Files,Restarted Steam, Waited Over A Half An Hour To See If It Would Open And Nothing Seems To Work Anyone Have Any Suggestions?

20. Lamarkuss

Lamarkuss Space Hobo

This Libeay32.dll workaround actually worked for me and allowed me to launch completely

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.