Curious about which single characters are popular amongst which demographics

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Starfuneral, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Starfuneral

Starfuneral Seal Broken

I'm really curious about which bachelor/ettes are most popular among different kinds of people. So, respond to this thread with your gender, sexuality, and which bachelor/bachelorette is your favorite! (You can also say why they're your favorite if you want, but you don't have to)

I'll start: I'm a lesbian and my favorite is Abigail.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm female, bi, age 31, and Shane is my favourite. He's very relatable to me (and I've spattered many walls of text around this forum about it, lol), but another factor is why I mentioned my age--he's one of the few singles who feels close to my real-life age. I like Abby a lot as well, but she feels so much younger that the age difference is sometimes uncomfortable for me personally.

Saraneth and ScarletAurora like this.
      • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Male. 27. Straight. Abigail. She just reminds me of my current girlfriend. She has aspects from her and also enjoys the color purple. I find it funny how Abigail loves purple gifts too. Amethyst, blackberry cobbler, etc.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
        • MysteriousOgre

MysteriousOgre Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! I'm 21 male and pansexual. I'm a huge fan of Maru. I like making stuff out of random parts I have and enjoy stargazing. Haha it's cool to have that in common.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hi, I'm 26 and female, straight, but I still like Abigail. None of the guys seemed very interesting.

• StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

I'll play along. Male and straight.

I don't exactly have a favorite. I just kind of have a save for each female character (currently planning on having a save for each male character).
              I will say my first save I went towards Leah just because of the Artsy background. I have a save towards Haley just because a lot of people seem to dislike her.

I hate saying I am trying to marry everyone that's eligible but in a sense I am. Just not doing this in the same safe. No divorces for me yet (but I do want to see what it's like to have all eligible marriage characters bitter towards me).

• xangria

xangria Subatomic Cosmonaut

I plan on doing this too! My first couple saves I rushed and married Abigail, but this time I'm dating everyone and making sure to see all the events. I'm not sure if I will marry and divorce them, but I plan to at least get everyone to 10 hearts first.

StardewMe likes this.
                • Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

I'm female, straight (potentially bi) and a young adult and my favorite is Abigail. To keep it short, she's just the most interesting and fun character to me, I really like her :)

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Female, 35, straight, and all about Sebastian. It's his introversion that attracts me, because I'm the same way. Its nice to be paired up with someone who gets that you need space once in a while and won't get weird if you don't want to spend every waking moment together.

Also, to me he has the cutest portrait. ^_^

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Male, straight, and I seem to keep gravitating back to Haley and Maru.

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

This might be a bit more exhaustive than you bargained for, but you did ask for demographics so by golly, I'll give you some clearly defined demographics :p

Sexual preference: From what I can tell, close to -but maybe not quite 100%- completely heterosexual, though that whole area of the human psyche is very fluid... *shrugs*. Not polyamorous as far as I can tell, but I have no issues with the concept and I'm pretty open-mided.
                        Education level: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work.
                        Socioeconomic background: Parent household income noticeably below average, though above poverty. Currently without any personal income to speak of.
                        Ethnicity: white dude from Sweden
                        Other notes: Enneagram 2w1-9w1-6w5. INFJ. Singe child. Scorpio. Listed in order of possible relevancy

As for which people I like the most, well the answer depends. I could probably get along with most of them, I could be friends with some of them, I wouldn't be interested in a romantic relationship with most of them.
                        I will answer under the assumption that we're talking about them as romantic interests.

Assume that my personality is the same, but my age is malleable to be in line with the various people. Though worth noting is that there's 12 years between my parents and my GF is 8 years younger than me so I don't put too much into age differences if the people are within or close to the same general stages in life.

If I was into guys, I think the person with the best shot would be Sebastian. Though he'd have to give up the smoking if he wanted to be near me. We share similar interests and are both introverts.
                        After that, maybe Alex if he showed me enough of what's going on under the surface for me to bother investing into a deeper connection. I think the same can be said for Shane there. I'll gladly help people I care about, but I try to avoid seeing people as "projects" as down that route lives real risks of unhealthy codependency-issues. So I am not actively attracted to that sort of archtype, or at least I try to be aware of it. Harvey and Sam are the two polar opposites where I need someone between the two. One too stable and nondescript (and thus: dull) and one too energetic and spontaneous (and thus: exhausting). I value both the ability to be comfortable and low-energy around someone and having someone that injects lots of excitement into everyday life. Harvey has too little of the latter, while Sam has too much of the latter and not nearly enough of the former. Elliott seems like a guy I could enjoy having around a lot, but not someone I could live with.

As for the ladies:
                        Penny reminds me too much of a girl that had a crush on me. She loved the twilight books and had the most fragile self-esteem I ever encountered in someone who was studying to become a social worker. I could befriend Penny, but not pursue a romantic relationship I think. If she's anything like the person I knew, I would have plenty of pleasant conversations with her but never have an interesting one. She could totally come live on my farm and rent a cabin though, if she felt she needed to get out of the trailer. I'd make a very laid-back landlord. Emily is an adorable airhead but I'm not sure I could date her. Possibly, not likely.
                        Haley: See Alex. Maru, if you are truly fine with being with someone who isn't nearly as ambitious as yourself then we might have a shot. Otherwise it'd not work.
                        Leah: close second for favourite lady. She has a lot of attractive traits.
                        Abby: Best girl. Best personality. Best hair colour.

So... that makes it Sebastian/Abigail sharing the first place, with Leah at a notable second. I am unsure if any of the other dudes makes it as clearly to second place as Leah does it for the ladies. So clearly I'm gonna end up in the Abby-Sebby-Sammy-circle of friends when I move there.

Okay... that took a while. Also got quite tired there towards the end so my explanations got lazy. There you go :p

blind3rdeye likes this.
                        • Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I am bi. As for my gender ... I can be girly or boyish. Doesn't matter to me. Pick one! (;

I like Emily. Initially I started to woo Abigail and Leah but will end up with Emily. And not because we both have blue hair! I just like her. Maybe because I can relate to her in that we're similar, sort of. Haven't gone for any of the boys yet.

• Sarasweet1

Sarasweet1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

20, Female, Pansexual. I went of Leah at first because she is so cute, and I love how artistic she is. Recently though I've been leaning more towards Sebastian because once the character gets his hearts up he becomes really sweet, and I'm a sucker for people who ride motorcycles.

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

21 (22 soon), male, gay. Honestly my favorite marriage candidate would be Leah. I wouldn't date Leah irl but ingame my character doesn't have to be a complete representation of me. Gender aside, I like Leah's personality best, and I wish one day I could move somewhere closer to nature and out of the extremely urban Chicago...She's also into arts which I am too, so I can find myself relating to her sometimes. Having finished college early I'm kind of stuck since I got my degree when I was 20 and many jobs won't accept applicants as young as me, so I'm working 3 smaller jobs.

As far as who I'd go for irl, maybe Sebastian if he quit smoking, since his portrait is my fav out of all the singles and I like that he plays the synth. He also gets sweeter as you move him up hearts :)

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Female, straight.

I went with Elliott first. I have a long hair fetish on guys and I liked the poeticness. I tried going same sex with my second save and picked Abigail. She and I have a lot in common.

• DreamerDrop

DreamerDrop Scruffy Nerf-Herder

21, Femme Lesbian, Uni Student (Humanities & Social Sciences).

Maru is my absolute undeniable favourite. I'm terrible with "hard" sciences like the stuff Maru is into, but I love women who seem more intelligent than me in those areas, esp when they're as playful and humble as Maru about it.

sunlite likes this.
                                  • MsMeiriona

MsMeiriona Phantasmal Quasar

I'm an asexual female (27), so my preferences are based on the character of the file, not myself. I make the farmer into a different character per file, and her (I've yet to play a male) preferences are shaped by that. My full house file was Sebastian, I've been undecided on another one between Emily and Shane (Jas adoption will tip the scales to Shane if it's ever an option) and the coffee farmer is going for Leah.

Overall, I'm indifferent towards Sam and Maru; Abigail feels too young; Eliot and Harvey give creeper vibes; Penny and Alex feel like small town stereotypes, but Haley has potential as well.

Leah and Emily are creative types and that's fun, plus their scenes are sweet, while Seb and Shane have social issues that the player character helps them overcome, which is nice to have.

worldstraveller and sunlite like this.
                                    • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

My preferences are also based on the character of the file. It gives me more romance opportunities, and my farmer is never really a representation of me, anyway.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's interesting how people approach their farmers. My farmer is always me, or at the very least, prominent facets of me. Different looks every time, but I can't bring myself to stray too far from my real personality and worldview. I end up picking the same dialogue options most of the time.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Same for me. I use my two main OC's and just switch back and forth with each playthrough. I might go a bit out of my comfort zone with the next one though and let her play the field before settling down, I've never actually experienced everyone's 10-heart events yet, only Seb and Shane's.