1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Crispy's Food & Crops v15 Enraged Koala

Discontinued mod. Aims to improve and expand on food and crop related things.

1. CrispyBlockland

CrispyBlockland Subatomic Cosmonaut

CrispyBlockland submitted a new mod:

[​IMG]
    More food items that I believe fit into the starbound universe!

Please tell me when you find a bug. The topic almost never gets replies and I almost never get messages, so don't think if you find a bug I already know about it.

Read more about this mod...

Tips
    Some of the recipes can only be found by finding a specific item, such as obtaining the sugarcane item will grant you the sugar recipe. Beets can also do this if you have Frackin Flora and the expansion.

Most of the recipes are not given to you from the start. You have to find book stands on random planets, which will give you recipes most of the time. Burlap Sacks have also been given an inventory and can also generate around the universe containing items.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

I like it!

As for future updates, BetterMerchants has some things you might be interested in its assets.

I prefer the Mushroom pictures I used over yours, for example. Mine is red, matching the Mushroom blocks available.

There is also a Sugarcane item with a nice image.

3. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

I have been meaning to download this but I not right now but a heads up I will give you 5 stars because I can see the potential of this mod...

4. CrispyBlockland

CrispyBlockland updated Crispy's Extra Food & Crops with a new update entry:

More food items and Pumpkin Blocks!

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. CrispyBlockland

More crops and recipes.

6. CrispyBlockland

Thanks for the feedback you guys. I wanted to make sure my first mod released to the world would be of great quality. :)

7. CrispyBlockland

8. CrispyBlockland

9. CrispyBlockland

Compatibility Overload - READ BEFORE YOU UPDATE

10. CrispyBlockland

All versions equal 1. Also GIANT additions!

11. SweFox

SweFox Guest

Great update!

12. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Love this mod, thanks god for the pasta lol.. but one question, could you make it all like recipe-ish?
    So we could find race specific things only there where they belong to.. blueprints kind of concept?

13. CrispyBlockland

I was gonna attempt this at some point. Have the player try to find blueprints around the universe like with the default foods. At some point this will be added. Hopefully. Thanks for thinking about this!

14. extremist

extremist Existential Complex

Wow, that's sooo awesome!
    It'd be just so much more fun to actually have to search for the recipes, instead of getting a pre made list.
    Don't get me wrong, love the mod with all my heart.. Love to cook. :)

15. CrispyBlockland

I'm working on this ATM, might be in the next update, or at least some of it. Each race starts not only with their default starter food recipes, but will have the fresh pasta and marshmallow recipes, along with three or four more race specific foods from my mod. Also stuff from my mod will be able to be found in treasure or dropped from killed npcs. For example, npcs can now drop cookies. You can find the new food item called the Golden Banana in apex bases etc. I still have to figure out how to make blueprints but from what I've seen from the files it's simple.

16. Mackinz

Evening!

I finally got around to updating my mod list and started crashing on start-up. By trial and error, I've isolated the issue and, sadly, it is your mod. The error in starbound.log tells me pretty much nothing, but it is most likely an issue with your modinfo file as it refers to "Variant::get("name")" in the error that is produced.

17. Icefrenzy

Icefrenzy Void-Bound Voyager

So I tried to juice up a green apple and Starbound crashed D:

18. Mackinz

So... It's been a couple days. No reply yet. Tried messing around a bit, to no avail. Not an issue with the modinfo file, apparently. No idea why. Here's the content in starbound.log:

Code:
    Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Enraged Koala - Update 8' Protocol: 643
    Info: Running from : D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\starbound_opengl.exe
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    Info: OpenGL version: '2.1.2' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce 6100 nForce 405/integrated/SSE2/3DNOW!' shader: '1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Created initial window 1128x689
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: OpenGL version: '2.1.2' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce 6100 nForce 405/integrated/SSE2/3DNOW!' shader: '1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Re-created window 1128x689
    Info: Loading Star::Configuration from '..\starbound.config'
    Warn: Slow asset 1.098 : /dungeons/microdungeons/randomencounter/avian/avianencounter.dungeon
    Error: Exception raised during Root finishInitialization: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("name")
      0084BE8C starbound_opengl.exe
      00A9A173 starbound_opengl.exe
      0084BF9B starbound_opengl.exe
      0069F404 starbound_opengl.exe
      0069F724 starbound_opengl.exe
      00501279 starbound_opengl.exe
      00404B1C starbound_opengl.exe
      009A71BC starbound_opengl.exe
      BaseThreadInitThunk
      RtlInitializeExceptionChain

Info: Shutting down Star::Root
    Error: StarException: An error occurred during loading: VariantException: No such key in Variant::get("name")
      0084BE8C starbound_opengl.exe
      00A9A173 starbound_opengl.exe
      0084BF9B starbound_opengl.exe
      0069F404 starbound_opengl.exe
      0069F724 starbound_opengl.exe
      00501279 starbound_opengl.exe
      00404B1C starbound_opengl.exe
      009A71BC starbound_opengl.exe
      BaseThreadInitThunk

00404F8D starbound_opengl.exe
      00406CF7 starbound_opengl.exe
      0040A504 starbound_opengl.exe
      00408194 starbound_opengl.exe
      004ED821 starbound_opengl.exe

As I said, it's your mod causing this issue and I have no clue why.

19. CrispyBlockland

Sorry about that I was away for a while and had no access to the internet. I'll see what is wrong right away.

Alright, I found the problem. It seems I accidentally made the mod require VitsotU. I'll get to work on this to just make it work with default and make a patch for VitsotU.

As for the green apple problem, I'll look into it.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  20. Mackinz

I saw no such dependency on my end. I ended up deleting your biome merges and it worked.