1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crashing Upon Startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DangZerglings, May 25, 2017.

1. DangZerglings

DangZerglings Space Hobo

From what I gather, it might be that my PC may or may not be too new to run the game in its current state... but, here are the specifications.

The game crashes on startup, be it from the Steam client or from clicking on the launcher directly. Running as Administrator doesn't help me any, and files have been verified time and time and time again, at least ten times straight. Cloud syncs have been checked for and erased.

Graphics card is Radeon RX 570 series with driver set 17.5.1. CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1500X Quad-Core. No mods have been installed.

Log file has been attached for posterity.

Attached Files:

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Your hardware is sufficient.

Looks like it is crashing just before it would start rendering. Might try updating your video drivers.

*Grain of salt* I also suspect a possible issue with your AMD processor. I have nothing to back this up outside of anecdotal evidence, but Ive noticed many people with AMD processors having an overall issue with the game. IIRC I read a tweet that they were looking into a possible AMD issue, but nothing beyond that.

3. DangZerglings

DangZerglings Space Hobo

Well, hopefully they fix that come the next Starbound update. The only other update to the video drivers right now is just an optional one that adds some support for the new Prey game.

The only other anecdotal thing on my end is that Radeon ReLive may or may not be the culprit, because I read somewhere that for some reason, certain streaming things make Starbound and other games act up...