1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Crashing On Entering of Buildings

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by equuapotesta, Jul 30, 2016.

1. equuapotesta

equuapotesta Orbital Explorer

I've found that when I enter buildings, the game will crash to to the desktop immediately after making the "building enter sound"

Here are my stats of the machine I'm playing on:

Linux Mint 17.3
    8gb Ram
    Intel Integrated Graphics
    i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4 Ghz x 2

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

Can you send the log files? Should be in ~/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs

• equuapotesta

I went into that directory but there was no 'ErrorLogs' folder or text file. Am I looking in the wrong place? just /home/$Me/.config/StardewValley/ErrorLogs

• wolfich

wolfich Space Hobo

To confirm: I'm experiencing the same issue, game crashes upon entering any building (except the house where the character appears in the beginning).
          What's more, I have no ErrorLogs folder, too.

Specs:
          Linux Mint 17.3, 32 bit Kernel
          Memory: 3.7 GiB
          Processor: i7-3517U 1.90 GHz x 2
          Graphics: Intel Graphics Controller
          Build: 1252563

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
          • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Can y'all try looking here as well: ~/StardewValley/ErrorLogs
            Back, when I was getting crashes on Linux(not the same as this error though); it was strangely putting them in that folder. Despite that supposedly being the Mac location according to the 'how to submit bug reports' post.

• equuapotesta

InnerException:
              Stack Trace: at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.GetConfigSection () <0x41aa7220 + 0x00034> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.Initialize () <0x41aa70c0 + 0x0009f> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Diagnostics.DiagnosticsConfiguration.get_IndentSize () <0x41aa7030 + 0x0000f> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.InitializeSettings () <0x41aa6e40 + 0x000d3> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.get_UseGlobalLock () <0x41aa6e10 + 0x0000b> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Diagnostics.TraceInternal.WriteLine (System.String message) <0x41aa6600 + 0x00077> in <filename unknown>:0
              at System.Diagnostics.Debug.WriteLine (System.String message) <0x41aa64c0 + 0x0000f> in <filename unknown>:0
              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform..ctor (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) <0x41aa5af0 + 0x001c7> in <filename unknown>:0
              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GamePlatform.PlatformCreate (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game game) <0x41aa54d0 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
              at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () <0x41aa2f00 + 0x0081f> in <filename unknown>:0
              at StardewValley.Game1..ctor () <0x41aa2220 + 0x0012b> in <filename unknown>:0
              at StardewValley.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x41a7bf30 + 0x00087> in <filename unknown>:0

• wolfich

wolfich Space Hobo

Ok, found the logs, they were in the .local directory for some reason, if that matters.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
                • MysticTempest

@equuapotesta:
                  Can you try running the Stardew binaries(x86 & x86_64) from the command line, and output the errors to a log? I'm curious if they generate the same error, or one works better than the other. And, maybe we can get some more info for the devs to look at.

@wolfich:
                  Can you upload the output of 'glxinfo' to a log so we can see some more of your graphic settings? See if we can maybe get some context for those graphics errors showing up in the log.

• wolfich

wolfich Space Hobo

Sure.

Attached Files:

• 7flying

7flying Space Spelunker

Hi,

Same problem here on
                      Ubuntu 14.04
                      4.2.0-42-generic #49~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Wed Jun 29 20:22:11 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                      Intel HD graphics.

Says something about using SDL 2.0.5 or higher (?¿)

Attached Files:

• DFL1010

DFL1010 Space Hobo

Same issue for me too. Mint 17.3, intel HD Graphics (i5 5200u, hd5500). Running the 64-bit binary gave this error:

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.MonoGameGLException: GL.GetError() returned 1282
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsExtensions.CheckGLError () <0x41393c20 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformDrawUserIndexedPrimitives[T] (PrimitiveType primitiveType, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.T[] vertexData, Int32 vertexOffset, Int32 numVertices, System.Int16[] indexData, Int32 indexOffset, Int32 primitiveCount, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.VertexDeclaration vertexDeclaration) <0x4150e040 + 0x001cb> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawUserIndexedPrimitives[T] (PrimitiveType primitiveType, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.T[] vertexData, Int32 vertexOffset, Int32 numVertices, System.Int16[] indexData, Int32 indexOffset, Int32 primitiveCount, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.VertexDeclaration vertexDeclaration) <0x4150dc20 + 0x00123> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatcher.FlushVertexArray (Int32 start, Int32 end, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect effect, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture texture) <0x4150cd90 + 0x0026b> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatcher.DrawBatch (SpriteSortMode sortMode, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect effect) <0x4150c250 + 0x00ab3> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End () <0x41509750 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at StardewValley.Game1.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x414f4f70 + 0x095af> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x414f4ee0 + 0x00055> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick () <0x414e1980 + 0x00563> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop () <0x414e1690 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (GameRunBehavior runBehavior) <0x4137f720 + 0x001c8> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () <0x4137f6c0 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
                        at StardewValley.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x41341f30 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0

Crashes every time when playing from Steam. Had one successful run of 6ish days running the binary from the terminal, but the next time not so much.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
                        • MysticTempest

Hrm, looks like possibly the Intel drivers.
                          Seems to be the commonality here, and even on the Steam forum that seems to be the case: here.
                          Any possibility of one of y'all also testing out newer graphics drivers?

• equuapotesta

64 Bit Binary Log:
                            Please use SDL 2.0.5 or higher.
                            Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
                            Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198042916087 [API loaded no]
                            [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.MonoGameGLException: GL.GetError() returned 1282
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsExtensions.CheckGLError () <0x41c1bc20 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformDrawUserIndexedPrimitives[T] (PrimitiveType primitiveType, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.T[] vertexData, Int32 vertexOffset, Int32 numVertices, System.Int16[] indexData, Int32 indexOffset, Int32 primitiveCount, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.VertexDeclaration vertexDeclaration) <0x41d96040 + 0x001cb> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawUserIndexedPrimitives[T] (PrimitiveType primitiveType, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.T[] vertexData, Int32 vertexOffset, Int32 numVertices, System.Int16[] indexData, Int32 indexOffset, Int32 primitiveCount, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.VertexDeclaration vertexDeclaration) <0x41d95c20 + 0x00123> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatcher.FlushVertexArray (Int32 start, Int32 end, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect effect, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture texture) <0x41d94d90 + 0x0026b> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatcher.DrawBatch (SpriteSortMode sortMode, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect effect) <0x41d94250 + 0x00ab3> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End () <0x41d91750 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at StardewValley.Game1.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x41d7cf70 + 0x095af> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x41d7cee0 + 0x00055> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick () <0x41d6a5f0 + 0x00563> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop () <0x41d6a300 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (GameRunBehavior runBehavior) <0x41c07710 + 0x001c8> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () <0x41c076b0 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
                            at StardewValley.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x41bc9f30 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0

• 7flying

7flying Space Spelunker

I've tried installing everything that Intel recommends here:

https://01.org/linuxgraphics/downloads/2016q2-intel-graphics-stack-release

but the installation breaks my display.

But, if you install a fresh Ubuntu 16 release the building bug disappears. \o/

So, upgrading the drivers as Intel says on the above link breaks your installation, but if you
                              fresh install the latest distro it works.
                              Finally, I've also tried to upgrade from Ubuntu 14 to 16 but the same thing happens with the display.

[Edit]
                              I attach the glxinfo on this fresh Ubuntu 16.04, kernel 4.4.0-31-generic

Attached Files:

• logg

logg Intergalactic Tourist

I pulled in a bunch of intel driver related packages on Debian Jessie stable from Backports, even going so far as to update my kernel, but still get this crash. Since suggestion here is to "reinstall ubuntu lol" I think I'll stick to my windows virtual machine solution until this is fixed.

• MysticTempest

Thanks for the thorough testing. If the drivers don't work, but a fresh install does. Perhaps some graphics dependency issue with missing libraries. I know even Steam itself sometimes spews out a 'glGetError' message in regards to missing some GL dependencies; usually x86 libraries. Hopefully we can get some others to lend their input on this as well.
                                  In the meantime, I did an 'lsof' on Stardew while it was running in order to try, and get a list of active files on a working game. Maybe you can run it to, and look for differences.

"lsof -P -T -p StardewValley_PID"

Attached Files:

• logg

logg Intergalactic Tourist

Sure, here's the output of my lsof after updating lots of intel-graphics driver related packages (maybe not all of them, there are a lot)

edit: here's the output on command line when crashing b/c of opening door in town square. You can exit your starting house and go back in it. looks the same as above.

$ ./.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Stardew\ Valley/StardewValley.bin.x86_64
                                    Please use SDL 2.0.5 or higher.
                                    Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 413150
                                    Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID: Caching Steam ID: 76561198004275158 [API loaded no]
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsExtensions.CheckGLError () <0x415b4a60 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.PlatformDrawUserIndexedPrimitives[T] (PrimitiveType primitiveType, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.T[] vertexData, Int32 vertexOffset, Int32 numVertices, System.Int16[] indexData, Int32 indexOffset, Int32 primitiveCount, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.VertexDeclaration vertexDeclaration) <0x4172a040 + 0x001cb> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.GraphicsDevice.DrawUserIndexedPrimitives[T] (PrimitiveType primitiveType, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.T[] vertexData, Int32 vertexOffset, Int32 numVertices, System.Int16[] indexData, Int32 indexOffset, Int32 primitiveCount, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.VertexDeclaration vertexDeclaration) <0x41729c20 + 0x00123> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatcher.FlushVertexArray (Int32 start, Int32 end, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect effect, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture texture) <0x41728d90 + 0x0026b> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatcher.DrawBatch (SpriteSortMode sortMode, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Effect effect) <0x41728250 + 0x00ab3> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End () <0x41725750 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewValley.Game1.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x4170d410 + 0x095af> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DoDraw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x4170d380 + 0x00055> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick () <0x416ff0e0 + 0x00563> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SdlGamePlatform.RunLoop () <0x416fedf0 + 0x00043> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run (GameRunBehavior runBehavior) <0x4159ee00 + 0x001c8> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run () <0x4159eda0 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
                                    at StardewValley.Program.Main (System.String[] args) <0x4155df30 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
                                    • 7flying

7flying Space Spelunker

Here goes my lsof on the working distro.

Attached Files:

• equuapotesta

Latest update fixes this issue!

logg and MysticTempest like this.
                                        • MysticTempest

Oh nice! Glad to hear the devs were able to fix that for you. Hopefully the others can confirm the fix as well.