1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Crashing and re-launching issues

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Incendiary, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Based on the number of reports already I'm guessing there's a good chance this post gets over-looked.

I clicked save and quit and my game crashed. Now upon trying to open my character I get an error report something about end of leaf list or something. I'd post a screenshot but I can't open starbound. After closing starbound steam recognizes me as still in game, and I'm unable to launch it again without restarting my computer.

2. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Edit: here's the error [​IMG]

3. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Hmm I thought it was character related but upon trying to start the server I get this...
    [​IMG]

4. Lente

Lente Aquatic Astronaut

No need to restart your Computer after the Error, just kill the starbound32.exe in the Task Manager. And you can start it right up. :)

Greetz, Lente

5. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

There is no starbound32.exe in the task manager after I close the window. Nothing pointing to starbound, just steam.

Also, I tried uninstalling and re-installing starbound and got the same exact errors...

6. Cooper217

Cooper217 Aquatic Astronaut

Same thing happened, only difference was that I was loading a profile. This is the buggy part so these forums will help them out greatly.

7. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Sigh, have you fixed it Cooper? I'm trying re-installing over and over.

8. efranklin42

efranklin42 Big Damn Hero

I'm getting the same message every time I go to click on my character.

9. Cooper217

Cooper217 Aquatic Astronaut

I just did what Lente said.

10. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Oh I thought you were talking about the other issue. At efranklin I had to fresh install the game. (uninstall through steam, manually delete files in steamapps, and re-install)