Crashed spaceships/stations/satellites

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by ImprobableLobster, Jun 24, 2013.

1. Karric

Karric Void-Bound Voyager

Seeing as we are heading to a multiplayer platform, why not have crashed ships get spawned every time a player leaves the server. Each ship would have a ships log of all the places it traveled......as an added idea you could also make that person's structures into derelect objects by randomly deleting some of the blocks that were placed.

2. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

That would just be weird, as crashed spaceships are supposed to be rare, and that it does not make much sence in the case of me just logging out to get something to eat and when I'm back a crashed ship had crashed, it would not be that rare if you have 35 players on one server and you are going to restart the server and then BAM 35! new spaceships crashed it would just remove the fun of finding something supposedly supposed to be rare and in the end if this was implemented it would not be that rare.

Now this is just my personal opinion so take it with a grain of salt as I do not mean to sound angry or frustrated if I did sound like I was that when I wrote..
    I'll just stop writing now... xD

3. Hirudo89

Hirudo89 Void-Bound Voyager

Great!

4. Elate

Elate Spaceman Spiff

Any confirmation that this made it into the game though? Because there are also screenshots of space stations and that got scrapped for the time being. Old screenshots are not a valid source.

5. Gonzo18

Gonzo18 Subatomic Cosmonaut

can u send me a link from that picture please ?

6. Critter176

Critter176 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like this idea very much.

7. Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

This could tie into some of the larger custom ships modders have been making (i.e. the Humans Gilgamesh). Initially, perhaps these wrecks can be repaired with the right resources and replace your starting ship. Later on in the game's development, these wrecks can provide component blueprints that, when combined with a shipyard at a space station, you can assemble your own custom ship, especially useful when they implement space combat.

8. Gondor128

Gondor128 Seal Broken

I was just thinking about this, Pull up toa fuckered up ship and take its stuff. Great idea.

9. MatthewKiwi

MatthewKiwi Space Hobo

How about a ship graveyard or battleground from a huge fleet battle? this could also be near a planet with multiple crash landings and perhaps survivors.

Devonface likes this.
  10. Gorno

Gorno Void-Bound Voyager

Nice idea. How about a planet with a rocket trap present. An unscrupulous NPC, "Gorno", is running a used rocketship dealership and is using a rocket trap which causes passing players to crashland on the planet. (shake up veteran players and make them get a new rocketship and salvage parts --or you could buy a used rocketship model.) Anyway, you need to disable the rocket-trap device before you can leave the planet. "Gorno's Used Rocketships" in neon above his store.

Alternatively, different things can go wrong causing crash landings for the same purpose i.e. a kink in your wangle-roddler; an expansion fault in your repulsary ripple ridge; encrusted bow beams; and of course, you're out of fuel. I like the used rocketship dealership and the rocket trap the best.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
    Jeoshua likes this.
  11. fifasnipe2224

fifasnipe2224 Intergalactic Tourist

Great idea OP

12. RULERULTAMIS

RULERULTAMIS Big Damn Hero

Yes. More things to explore and blow up. Because I can.

13. Xentonic

Xentonic Subatomic Cosmonaut

Since their planning space combat what if two players are having a ship battle in orbit of a planet and the loser's ship has a chance of crashing to the planet/

14. OGAMMER

OGAMMER Orbital Explorer

I aprove your idea !

15. PRG

PRG Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would like to see a ship graveyard in space that consists of numerous parts of other ships that you can explore and loot of treasure, similar to how asteroid fields are full of rocks and ores. Maybe large, eerie frigates that are seemingly abandoned as dungeons.

Devonface likes this.
  16. Tyrantissar

Tyrantissar Void-Bound Voyager

please add these, this would be an amazing feature. I will be on the lookout for them when they are introduced

17. Jarda

Jarda Space Hobo

sounds great

18. Cyberguy64

Cyberguy64 Pangalactic Porcupine

It would be neat if some of the crashed ships were empty and derelict, and others had colonies of survivors or scavengers living in them.

19. anayery

anayery Void-Bound Voyager

DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS LO QUE SERÍA LO MAXIMO TAMBIEN QUE PUDIERAS HACER LANZADERAS PARA POR EJEMPLO DESTRUIR CIERTAS ZONAS DE EL PLANETA NOSE SI EXPLICO: PONER ALGO EN ORBITA SUBIR A TU NAVE IR AL PANEL DE CONTROL DE DICHO OBJETO Y LANZARLO CONTRA EL PLANETA ASI dejarías mucho al descubierto y a picar JAJJAJAJ OOOOOOOO TAMBIEN ESTARÍA MUY MUY MUY BIEN QUE TU ESTES CAMINANDO Y DEREPENTE.....CAE UNA NAVE DEL ESPACIO CON UN MINI BOSS JODER SERÍA LO MAXIMO

20. camerox

camerox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Awesome idea