Crashed spaceships/stations/satellites

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by ImprobableLobster, Jun 24, 2013.

1. JAGYOUARE

JAGYOUARE Phantasmal Quasar

Its crazy how many of the top suggestions are already announced.

2. Spertin

Spertin Big Damn Hero

"-That's aweful ! How did you crash ?
    - argh ...
    -Oh sorry, you're dead.."

3. goodgame

goodgame Subatomic Cosmonaut

Space Hulks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Infinite Security Stations that must be unlocked/recaptured to complete the Space Hulk dungeon quest.

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  4. funmcmuffin

funmcmuffin Void-Bound Voyager

yeah or a crashed prison ship since theyre planning a prison dungeon why not crashed prison ships with items from the dungeon maybe even convicts or a side quest of rounding up those exact convicts :)
    but it might be stupid so im putting it out there

5. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

As long as they don't crash on my buildings I am fine with that.

6. MAGICookie

MAGICookie Orbital Explorer

This can be so epic, you can like salvage the systems, steal all the cargo and there can be like many traps and mobs that you have to disable or kill.

7. TheKrister2

TheKrister2 Pangalactic Porcupine

Love this <3

8. BlueFlux

BlueFlux Guest

That picture on the first page looks more like an old base than a starship. Then again I don't remember it so maybe they confirmed it was?
    Anyway i would love to have this implemented.

9. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This sounds like an awesome idea, but if they were to crash in real time, they could destroy my house or destroy landscape I don't want destroyed (EX. tree farms). Overall, great idea!

10. TheKrister2

I think they are supposed to be generated in or something?

11. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah, I see what you mean. I found it weird to find a grounded ship still on fire. Oh, I just realized that those shot down whatevers could be escape shuttles from the other races that were being attacked by the unknown species! But yea, I would defiantly prefer the ships/satellites/cargo already spawned in.

12. Kingpwn

Kingpwn Big Damn Hero

What would be especially cool would be to have a reason for the spacecraft's demise. For example, maybe the ship's computer AI went berzerk and caused the ship to crash. That AI could also possibly make for an interesting boss fight, now that I think about it. Or perhaps space pirates could have raided the ship, accidentally busted up it's computers, and caused it to crash. There could be injured space pirates inside the ship, fighting for survival. Something along those lines.

13. TheKrister2

That would be cool but I think this depends on the condition the ship is in and where it chrased :p

14. Tectal

Tectal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If by rare cargo you mean a warm pair of socks, I'm up for the idea.

If not... I guess I still like the idea.

15. vladiskov

vladiskov Space Spelunker

sort of implemented soo fuck no

16. Kingpwn

Kingpwn Big Damn Hero

How's it implemented?

17. SpaceHyena

SpaceHyena Zero Gravity Genie

Theres nothing wrong with that idea! ;)

18. vladiskov

vladiskov Space Spelunker

do i have to seach for that damage landed spaceship ingame-imagen?

19. captainrandom21

captainrandom21 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Very good idea!

20. druid

druid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You already can. search tiy's twitter, there's an old screenshot of him exploring a crashed spaceship.