1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crash on startup

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Alphatrick, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Alphatrick

Alphatrick Space Spelunker

I am having an issue with Starbound since the last time I tried it.
    It crashes when launching on 64bit and 32bit, by giving the following error:
    [​IMG]
    I'm using Windows 10 64bit, not using any mods and GeForce Experience, happens with it opened and closed(and from my awareness, GeForce Experience sometimes has a conflict with some games).
    Aswell I did reinstall and check files and cache a couple of times to no result.

The log for errors is on this link
    https://mega.nz/#!fB5gEb5D!5naYhhuPsEJ8KPWuhvkDTM631uCM0ZI-uSENm7_B3VE
    Or if you would rather, I aswell posted pics of the error log in word pad in the following spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Your Starbound is outdated. Update your Starbound and see if the error persists.
    If yes attach the updated log.

~ Iris ~

3. Alphatrick

It still persists. I did say I reinstalled and verified game cache a couple of times already.
    And did provide the starbound.log file in the mega file, aswell posted pics of what's inside it in the spoiler.

4. Iris Blanche

The log still says
    Code:
    Client Version 1.1.1
    but Starbound is already
    Code:
    Client Version 1.2.2
    Also the error message you encountered isn't even listed in the logfile.

Please make sure you attached the right file.

~ Iris ~

5. Alphatrick

There is no other ".log" file format in my Starbounds folders anywhere, nor anything that starts with "error" or some sort of.
    And according to some people, this is supposed to be the errorlog too
    [​IMG]

As I show here, it should update itself when it finds a new update. And did a game cache verify and still got the error.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Could there be a region block onto my country and I can't download it like that? I'm from Romania by the way.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Alphatrick

Any solution on how to update my Starbound manualy if you're saying it's the wrong version? Steam doesn't seem to download the latest version :/

7. Alphatrick

So no salvation for me? :(

8. Iris Blanche

You could make a backup of your storage and mod folder (maybe also affected workshop mods) and reinstall starbound completly.
    FYI the error log is the starbound.log located in the storage directory.

~ Iris ~

9. Alphatrick

I'm not quite sure we're following eachother.
    I already said that I reinstalled completly the whole game a couple of times, and aswell posted the starbound.log which I thought to be the error log from the begining. I did post it there, you checked it yourself and said the log says I got an older update.
    Aswell regards mods, I'm not using any curently. I even deleted all my starbound folder after uninstalling and the error still persists.
    What I don't understand is, why it won't update to a newer version, and why it won't even start, even if it's an older version it should atleast start, but not connect to newer server versions, right?

10. Iris Blanche

Could be a steam problem then. Maybe contacting them can help.

~ Iris ~

11. Alphatrick

I find it kind of weird, Starbound unstable acts the same as the original one.
    And now since the complete uninstall(with data from inside it), I don't have any .log files on either Starbound or Starbound unstable.
    Aswell Steam redirects me to take it with the Chucklefish Company if I have any issues

12. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Reinstall your graphics drivers. The issue is unlikely the game at this point, and more likely your computer.