1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting leaked

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by navar0nius, Mar 13, 2013.

1. MachoBandit

MachoBandit Pangalactic Porcupine

If that's the case, then why is it in the blue rarity category?
    Actually, why would craftable items be in rarity categories at all?
    If you can craft an unlimited amount of a craftable item, then the concept of rarity is meaningless altogether.

Unless, ofcourse, rarity indicates the trouble of finding the required materials, but then again it would
    make no sense to assign a rarity rank to non-craftable items...

tl;dr Craftable items with rarity ranks? Why?

2. Shiftyeyesshady

Shiftyeyesshady Space Penguin Leader

I dunno, Terraria did the same thing for rarity. Most of the upper level stuff was Magenta rarity (second highest).

3. MachoBandit

In Terraria rarity was directly related to item stats, so if the cowboy hat really is just aesthetic (like Ordana suggested), then it would make no sense. :eek:

4. R3MI

R3MI Phantasmal Quasar

Mmm crafting, can't wait to get my hands on that. :p. Do you reckon it will allow me to create a horse mask that allows me to run faster at the cost of being chased by Findus monsters?
    English Joke :)

5. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

It is most likely an indication of item quality, so purple items will generally have better stats than blue items, etc. It probably also indicates item rarity, so the cowboy hat being blue means it's a fairly rare schematic.

6. MantasX12

MantasX12 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Radiation suit ! :metroid: Can't wait to play starbound.

7. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah I was confused too :rofl:
    Looks like tons of stuff can be done with this system!
    I also like all the names :rofl:

8. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I amazed that no one mentioned the augment feature, allowing us to further upgrade our armors. Maybe the mystery stat is attack rate bonus?

9. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

Rarity categories are for how rare the item is.

This really isn't that hard. :joke:

10. MachoBandit

Oh so there's schematics needed for crafting, that clears up a lot. :)

11. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

The crafting system looks super awesome.

12. Cynical_Wolf

Cynical_Wolf Big Damn Hero

Wow, that crafting menu looks awesome. I love the amount of depth and thought put into the crafting system, and the game overall. If is is just a Mock-up version, I can't wait to see the real one!

13. Regal Kain

Regal Kain Space Kumquat

The only problem I see with that way of setting is up, is I'm pretty sure some people will find it easier to get certain materials then others, based on what planets they enjoy/are good at exploring etc.

Like, say X material is really hard to find and is only on cold planets, well if a player enjoys snow and the added keeping yourself warm aspect, that material will probably be pretty common for them. I dunno, I think it might be Level of item, and color is rarity in that level bracket for aquiring the blueprint for the material, that'd make a little more sense.

That's of course assuming they are randomly dropped, who knows!

14. Shiftyeyesshady

Shiftyeyesshady Space Penguin Leader

Basic Risk versus reward, Materials should vary greatly from planet type to planet type. Putting people out of their comfort zone makes it all the sweeter when you finally get enough to put together that item youve been after.

15. The Thing

The Thing Existential Complex

Of course there will alway be people who find ways to easily farm huge amount of anything. It happened in pretty much any game I've ever known and usually result in those aspect of the game being made harder, punishing more casual aproach. With a game this big I wonder how that balance is going to be taken care of.

16. Alpha_Squad

Alpha_Squad Cosmic Narwhal

I am fairly confident that the devs will put in a competent risk/reward system. Whereby travelling to more dangerous worlds allow you access to better equipment. However, to ease the difficulty of more casual players the difference of 1 level between difficulty of planets is fairly small allowing them to take many baby steps. While players with more skill can jump 3,4, or even 5 levels and not get destroyed instantly.

17. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

This also confirms radioactive ore.

Can't wait!

18. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Woo, TARDIS backpack.

Roxie Stables and Star and Moon like this.
  19. LazerEagle1

LazerEagle1 Master Astronaut

*sigh*

20. Zailiner

Zailiner Over 9000!!!

Yes?