1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Crafting leaked

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by navar0nius, Mar 13, 2013.

1. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

Then when my armor fails I get to put on a new one. If you give one side that presumed option, you have to account for both sides having it. It's less relevant for a gun, true, as they tend to last for quite a while (certainly outlasting any personal body armor that's remotely real), but as I've been saying the situation does exist in a non-negligible section of cases.

Also, yes, that's possible. I dislike EHP as a mechanic, but I'll admit that's mostly a personal bias and not because it's unrealistic, since HP is inherently unrealistic anyway.

2. dothrom

dothrom Void-Bound Voyager

This unit is having difficulty untangling the argument loops.

Chaines likes this.
  3. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Eh, I'd say a sword is more like ammo. You are the real weapon, since you manipulate the sword to deal damage in a similar way to the way the gun manipulates the bullet to deal damage. Maybe that's a little philosophical, but that's how I see it. If you consider the opponent to personally be the weapon you are defending against, then it makes sense that the armor is what protects you from your opponent. If you can wear out your opponent before they wear you out, then you lowered his/her HP to zero before they could do the same to you and victory is yours.

4. ArcaneMusic

ArcaneMusic Big Damn Hero

WAIT WAIT WAIT.
    This game has Combat Medics?
    (Not to self, Become Undead, Obtain Electric pulse rifle, Don gear.)
    >:D

5. Dragten

Dragten Void-Bound Voyager

Is there no place to see the material requirements or am I just blind?

6. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they pop up as tooltips

also thanks for the necro lol

Blackleaf likes this.
  7. Seud

Seud Subatomic Cosmonaut

Err, this pic was already in the roadmap.
    Am I the only one who noticed there are pics in the roadmap ?
    Go in any category, click those squares under the description text.

8. navar0nius

navar0nius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This was showcased before the roadmap was released.

NerArth likes this.
  9. Seud

Seud Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ow, my bad, I didn't pay attention to the starting date. Forget what I've said.

10. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

Rise from your grave thread! Only to perish by the banhammer! Seriously lock this or stop posting in it.

Chaines and NerArth like this.