Crafting and Loot

Discussion in 'W:R Suggestions' started by Anonymous, May 5, 2013.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forum Bot

I've played Wanderlust : Rebirth and I love it, but there doesn't seem to be much crafting or loot in the game which was sad :( . I'd like to see some more loot and crafting in the game. Thanks!

• The Mute One

The Mute One Phantasmal Quasar

There isn't? Seriously?

Ever noticed how you have.. lemme see.. Helmets, Amulets, Chestplates, Rings and Weapons? There are various, randomly-generated recipes for each one. I should include how there's blue recipes, purple recipes, orange recipes and loot belonging to all those tiers along with gray and green. Also, there's gems which are green or blue, they allow you to augment an item you've obtained or crafted.

Something else worth noting is that Hard mode+ pretty much requires you to get good items to survive. Some items can add levels to one of your skills, and damn, is that important. Instead of wasting 240+ CP to get one more level of a skill, you can craft an item, which will give you more benefits aside from the skill boosts.

Specify what you mean by "...there doesn't seem to be much crafting or loot in the game...", please. While there's only a couple item types, the items of those types are quite various. Also, look at the damn materials. They will fill up both of your chests and your inventory unless you sell them. @.@

• FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

There's a lot, although most is found once you get to epic. You simply don't need much in terms of gear for normal and hard.

• Leth

Leth Risk of Rain & Wanderlust

I think a lot of the frustration surrounding our game has to do with perspective:
          • If you compare W:R to other Arcade Action RPGs (i.e. Castle Crashers, Guardian Heroes, etc.), it has a great amount of loot drops and crafting, and will consequently feel very satisfying.
          • Conversely, if you compare our game to Arcade RPGs like Diablo and Torchlight - which, by the way, is not the type of game we meant to create - then yes, W:R will feel like it has very few loot drops and crafting.
          We're not really sure how Wanderlust: Rebirth ends up sometimes being characterized as a Diablo-style Action RPG rather than a Castle Crashers-style Arcade RPG; I imagine a large percentage of the people who were disappointed in Wanderlust: Rebirth may have gone in expecting an experience that we had never set out to provide.

Auraknight likes this.
          • ChronoFlux

ChronoFlux Big Damn Hero

To me there is never enought!

• Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Mmmm... I say Diversity could use a little sprucing up as well. You know what Id like to see the most though? Id like to see your character vary by the equipment you wear. That way I could tell who was who.

Of course that takes alot of spritework, whcih Im fairly sure leth and the devs arent ready or willing to do with Rebirth, seeing as theyre working on Adventures.

Still...