Coming in tonights update

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KarrsGoVroom

KarrsGoVroom Astral Cartographer

REQUEST: Now I understand that the minimum requirements for Starbound on Mac OSX is 10.8 (as listed on the store page)

I'm JUST CURIOUS as to whether or not there will be support for Mac OSX 10.7.5 and below, any official response from developers, etc, is greatly appreciated! thanks :)

benuhfante likes this.
  2. steppo25

steppo25 Space Spelunker

Awesome! Looking forward to it :)

3. Zookz

Zookz Star Wrangler

Climbing ropes are nice. No more carrying around mounds of dirt to build through caves.

Extra early warmth gear is nice too. I've been wanting to search snow planets but it's such a pain.

Also, are the dungeon anti-break-stuff generators not in? I found this awesome obstacle course dungeon, but not only were the lightning spikes not doing damage (they do now. Yay!), but I could just break/dig through them anyways. I figure it's just not in yet, but I hope it is soon! It really breaks the dungeons quite a bit.

PS: I'm currently growing crops on my ship. Is this meant to be possible?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  4. betam4x

betam4x Seal Broken

I really don't think you've used Windows 7. The only argument in this list that actually applies to Windows 7 is the fact is uses more RAM. Who cares about RAM? I have 16 GB in my machine. The interface in Windows 7 is very similar to XP. The file explorer is almost exactly the same. The search function is exactly the same. Windows 7 is faster on recent hardware compared to XP. Windows 7 has faster hardware encode/decode and supports more recent versions of DirectX. DirectX games run faster on Windows 7 then they do on XP.

Earthboundtothestars and Inco like this.
  5. Ceymor

Ceymor Poptop Tamer

"This is just what I’ve done so far this morning"

And another handful of people just fell in love with you...

6. ayunox

ayunox Phantasmal Quasar

It's a bug not a spoiler...

7. cheesychoke

cheesychoke Space Spelunker

Is there a way to change the controls? Because I dont like how inventory is I

8. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Actually in current tests Windows XP does have a faster video encoding

Besides that guys these are just opinions (except for my list.... those are facts)

Earthboundtothestars likes this.
  9. CyborgXIII

CyborgXIII Space Hobo

Hey! Great changes, I like everything I see here! Is there any news on fixing the on opening crashing for Mac Books ? I bought a four pack and one of my friends still can't open his game through steam. Thanks for being so quick guys!

10. Lodus

Lodus Void-Bound Voyager

Things i only want is...
    Control mapping

Question: Is tier 2 (level 20 and below monsters)
    suppose to one hit you when you have the platinum armor? :S seems odd that the armor is doing literally nothing to keep me alive.

11. Chryseus

Chryseus Void-Bound Voyager

This is a very common misconception, The only reason it appears Windows 7 uses a lot more memory is due to the increased use of caching which allows faster access to commonly used data, the memory can be reallocated at any time it's needed. Windows 7 does have a slightly larger memory footprint than XP particularly with all the fancy desktop effects enabled but it's only around 200-300mb extra which with the cheap price of memory these days is nothing, the improvements alone to the kernel far outweigh the additional memory footprint.

Source ?

Zailiner and Inco like this.
  12. dyze

dyze Aquatic Astronaut

so any ETA on keybinds? ..the game is a no go for me until this is implemented..

@NightFire lol i feel sorry for you .. better ram handling, faster etc ..none of that really matters if you have a rig that isnt 7+ years old.. and for gaming .,i mean please, your stuck with dx9, cant play 90% of the games that comes out nowadays..

13. Revenile

Revenile Phantasmal Quasar

Nice list of Updates, I found a couple grammar/spelling errors with some of the examination texts in Avian. The Bannana statue with a keyhole has "something" in it twice, I'd suggest either getting rid of one of them, or adding "..." between them, and the one of the Apex statues has a misspelling on it. I don't it's tThe Stargazers. :)

14. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

When you can no longer complain about the lateness of the beta, argue whether XP is better then win7 :rolleyes:

15. Xazbot

Xazbot Space Spelunker

Keybindings would be nice

Sidhean likes this.
  16. Bahdler

Bahdler Astral Cartographer

Chucklefish has their shit together. I expected updates but nothing so open. Beta isnt supposed to be perfect and balancing the game for our convenience is unexpected.

17. Muffinut

Muffinut Star Wrangler

He's using subjective opinion (most of which aren't even accurate) as fact for his argument. He's probably used Win7 for a few minutes on his friend's cluttered notebook and dismissed it as terrible. Not an isolated incident.

Anyway, I believe that that XP shouldn't be a huge focus, but it is kind of the devs to support it and work so hard for good compatibility. People have opinions, but Win7 is all-around better, more people use it and the people who do use it are the target audience for nearly every PC game.

Inco likes this.
  18. Musadriff

Musadriff Void-Bound Voyager

You guys work fast! Thank you!

19. Jason the spaceman

Jason the spaceman Aquatic Astronaut

this game is so freakin good...

20. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Don't get me started on how bad windows 8 is ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.