Coming in a few days (sorry for the delay!)

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sfroux

Sfroux Space Spelunker

Im all in favor of this. Since i have like 20 or 30 weapons and i never know what weapon to use, i only base my self on Speed mostly. Also im on a lvl 14 planet and im killing some monsters by one hit, and getting one hitted by other monsters of the same planet. so This should be really cool. :D

Keyroye and Nockdu like this.
  2. Ezzran

Ezzran Void-Bound Voyager

I seem to be one of the few, but I actually DON'T like this change. The system as it is right now is interesting. Simply increasing monsters' health and damage as they get higher level is BORING. I liked that I had to decide between a low-damage but high-penetration weapon, or the reverse. Maybe it's "false choice" but I thought it at least made things more interesting, and it was a way to differentiate StarBound from Terraria.

*sigh* Well, as long as you're at it, can you make spears aimable? They really suck right now, because they do low damage and only hit at a short range right in front of you, as opposed to medium damage in an arc of most other weapons.

Snare, aioso, DoctorShaggy and 10 others like this.
  3. Zhynx_

Zhynx_ Orbital Explorer

Can we please just get the XP patch out. I want to play.. Release everything else in a day or two..

4. Karull

Karull Big Damn Hero

Awesome, can't wait! The way things worked was confusing and pretty unbalanced, I'm glad you decided to take the update a step forward. I've also been wanting an excuse to make a new character as a new race so this is perfect :)

Cyberfrog likes this.
  5. Altho

Altho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking forward to each update, very much enjoying the game. :up:

6. Artephius

Artephius Void-Bound Voyager

I think is a great change, first of all was kind of dificult to figure out how it worked.
    I wonder how do the planets will be leveled, with easy, medium, hard as well or something else maybe?

7. Saronsen

Saronsen Master Chief

I thank you for making it so there's a possibility of increasing maximum health. I was more than a little upset that everyone, and everything, was stuck at 100hp.

8. spacerobot

spacerobot Void-Bound Voyager

The changes make sense to me. It's unfortunate there will be a char wipe but I'm cool with that. I've already started over twice now.

9. DWAlpha

DWAlpha Pangalactic Porcupine

I like the idea of the new level and damage system. This should make it easier to tell if I should fight or scarper. I have to admit I had difficulty working out my weaponry. Also I find the short sword attack mechanics to be awkward. it just swings sideways but doesn't really move from its position pointed in front of you. So unless an enemy is right in your face the weapon is useless. It can't even hit the little pixel containers on the ground.

10. Degenerate Pixel

Degenerate Pixel Phantasmal Quasar

The new system sounds more favorable to me, especially in terms of adding new content. When a new sector is added past the original 10, assuming that's a thing that will happen, it won't be 10 levels of content to organize and balance, but just one, it would seem like, which is very good in my opinion. I also get really sad when I kill a hard mob on a planet and discover that epic weapon is entirely useless once I go to another random planet that is only slightly harder.

hoornst3 likes this.
  11. Sower

Sower Big Damn Hero

I'm glad the developers are taking their time with this issue. Working it over for a few days sounds way better than a quick fix, especially for something so important to game-play.

vanella, Shadewarp and steveman0 like this.
  12. Sirix

Sirix Void-Bound Voyager

Great changes! Making it go from 1-10 is so much better. As it currently is in the live version my group would just look until we find max threat level planet for the tier we are in. Making all the lower planets virtually worthless. Everything in the update seems like a positive change, I can't wait to play it!

13. Emerald Orbit

Emerald Orbit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm all for taking your time and making bigger updates, but by the time this comes out, It will have been unplayable for more than half the time I've had it. I've gotten to play just enough to really get to liking it over the first day or so, then I couldn't play anymore and I won't be able to for a couple more days :(

Heck, I might as well uninstall/re-install it and see if that fixes the game-breaking bug if it's gonna take that long.

I hate to be a downer, but the more I think about this, the more it bothers me. The damage system is functional. In it's current state, it does not prevent players from enjoying your game. However, the XP problems and the teleport problems /do/ prevent that. While they may not effect everyone, may people are physically unable to use the game and your putting off fixing that just to tweak a system that already works! If your car broke down, would you wait until the paint shop was open to get it repaired? No, you'd fix it now so you have a functioning car, then you get it painted. If people can't play, they don't care what the damage system is.

I know this is a beta, and I could choose not to participate, but it seems like your putting major issues behind more minor ones. You guys were really great at keeping us informed throughout the pre-beta time and I would have recommended this game to everyone, but at this point I can't recommend it to anyone because it's broken.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  14. xQuickGoldx

xQuickGoldx Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's like a whole new game!! I love it and cant wait!

vanella likes this.
  15. Reno

Reno Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds great, guys! Nothing wrong with overhauling stuff here-and-there, it's what beta's for!
    Hopefully once WinXP folks are all sorted out you can get workin' on the issues us poor Mac folks are having, but one thing at a time!
    Keep it up! :coffee:

vanella likes this.
  16. SpaceApple

SpaceApple Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So XP users have to wait even longer? I'm getting tired of this BS.

17. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

This still doesn't deal with performance issues for low-end machines or, for example, the whole Apple instacrash fiasco.

What's more important? Balancing the game or making a game everyone can play?

18. Kate_Micucci

Kate_Micucci Aquatic Astronaut

This sounds like a GREAT change. The presently existing system is too vertical and hinders exploration. The proposed system sounds like a great way of making things more open and horizontal.

vanella, DeadlyLuvdisc and Inco like this.
  19. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh f^ck me... Great. :/ Whatever. Just do whatever you need to do. XP users can wait. :/ Again.

20. Faux

Faux Space Spelunker

The new system sounds like it's going to work a LOT better.
    One thing I'm curious about currently is if humanoid enemies with guns are supposed to be so strong? And if having knockback on their guns is really a good thing. I've found myself in situations where I couldn't get close to them due to the knockback and would eventually be killed because of it.

vanella and Blitz7737 like this.
  21. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Tiy, you're doing it right :)

22. ElvenAlchemy

ElvenAlchemy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My only confusion with the current system is how my own armor level is calculated. With my current character I got iron armor and each piece has 5 for armor, but when I equip one piece it says I have less than 5 add a second and I get to 5 add the third nothing happens order equiped doesn't seem to matter either. This new system sounds good though at least til you figure out something even better lol.

vanella likes this.
  23. Serzha

Serzha Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This sounds like a much better system if you ask me... though please don't take my awesome rainbow cape :(
    [​IMG]

24. PringerX

PringerX Void-Bound Voyager

nnnnnooooooou my tsubaki.....do...do i have to bid her farewell? *sigh* ok...it's for a greater good, after all.
    goodbye my dear. your life was short (about 15 hours) but full of adventures

Silver Villian and Shadencile like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.