Colonies and Endgame

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Tiy submitted a new blog post:

Colonies and Endgame

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. dwuff

dwuff Phantasmal Quasar

Ooh exciting :3

CrystalCharlie and Zael like this.
  3. devilanc

devilanc Title Not Found

Sweet! A gestion/strategy game withing a sandbox rpg! That'll be awesome. Definetly a great plus for the future game :)

4. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Very happy with this update. Hope to see this get expanded far beyond what is currently on offer—there's a lot of potential in this kind of progression, as evidenced by games like Terraria that this is clearly inspired by at least in part :idea:

I've always kind of thought it would be awesome to have some kind of endgame system-spreading event (of many, preferably. ultimate endgame is never fun in a sandbox) that resembled the plot of "FTL: Faster than Light", as impractical and broken as that idea might be.

5. So what you're SAYING is... that Ive just wasted the past few weeks working on Colonies... :/

6. Greenfinger

Greenfinger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

what do you mean? making a town and filling it with villagers? :wut:

CrystalCharlie and sid3aff3ct like this.
  7. ladraum

ladraum Space Hobo

How about black holes ? Could they be used in end game?

King Leonidas likes this.
  8. No. A project of mine that I have been working on since the release of Beta:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/starbound-colonies-mod.561/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/colonies-v1-0-0.57734/page-55

My mod has already implemented a few things on @Tiy's post. Specifically the checking of furniture/decoration, Moving in, Eating as a requirement to live, Sleeping as a requirement to do jobs around the colony, Researching new techs for the NPCs to use, and a few other things.

9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

They are not exactly overlapping. Yours focuses more on jobs while the vanilla focuses more on benefits.

10. CelioHogane

CelioHogane Void-Bound Voyager

Im so going to make the worst planet i find in a amazing glorious city.

Nahin, Truenecro, Greenfinger and 3 others like this.
  11. RatixFarrence

RatixFarrence Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now would this interfere with non-house related projects? Like if i built a dungeon would npcs be spawning in it? Or is there going to be something unique to use that will prevent that from happening?

benignInferno likes this.
  12. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

You have to place a vacant sign in the home :)

13. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Finally, a second reason to build! :D

14. CelioHogane

I would actually happy, with this new adition your mod will be way interesting.[DOUBLEPOST=1430143949][/DOUBLEPOST]
    So basically not like terraria? Nice, that was not so fun.[DOUBLEPOST=1430143983][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I hope the first reason was "No reason, building is fun"

Greenfinger, Sly_Wolf and LOL BALL like this.
  15. RatixFarrence

Sweet, sweet, now i create vacancies for the asteroid above my planets, I'll be rich! hahaha!

n1t3n, Greenfinger and Hedix like this.
  16. CelioHogane

Asteroid homes? uuuuh that sounds fun.

17. RatixFarrence

No one below will ever have to know...

Greenfinger likes this.
  18. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Excited. Adding colonies will give at least 10 times more interest to the game than it already has. But I just hope that it will be possible to create a colony on his own planet and have several species. Ideally I would like a modern / futuristic city with all species together (and I also hope that Apex will not be the only scientific). Anyway, already do this it's already extra, the rest will come later. ^^

19. Sounds so nice!!! really excited for it

20. RatixFarrence

As Tiyuri said, it would be based off of objects placed in buildings tagged. It's yet an example of another intuitive use of spawner objects. I hope to see some interesting things come out of this. :)

sid3aff3ct and Biirdy Daysleeper like this.